Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cutting scenes out of movies

Midnight Cowboy originally was rated X, but it was later changed to an R. Hard to see now why it was

rated X, unless for the general sleaziness of the flick and the shock of the subject matter in the late 1960s,

when things were just opening up. There certainly wasn't much nudity or dirty language in it.

The last time I saw TLPS on TCM it looked like all the men's ***** and all the women's **** were in

their original place. 

1 hour ago, Vautrin said:

Midnight Cowboy originally was rated X, but it was later changed to an R. Hard to see now why it was

rated X, unless for the general sleaziness of the flick and the shock of the subject matter in the late 1960s,

when things were just opening up. There certainly wasn't much nudity or dirty language in it.

The last time I saw TLPS on TCM it looked like all the men's ***** and all the women's **** were in

their original place. 

It’s the aspect ratio. The vhs tape of Picture Show has more genitalia,  but TCM didn’t trim any scenes.   There’s a recent book on Cowboy that clarifies that the X rating  was just a promotional stunt. The ratings board didn’t really think it was an  X. 

3 hours ago, alleybj said:

It’s the aspect ratio. The vhs tape of Picture Show has more genitalia,  but TCM didn’t trim any scenes.   There’s a recent book on Cowboy that clarifies that the X rating  was just a promotional stunt. The ratings board didn’t really think it was an  X. 

Interesting. I've never seen TLPS in a theater, so I wasn't totally sure. I certainly wouldn't put it past a

movie studio to use the X rating as a promotional stunt, but some articles on the net are a little ambiguous

on that. 

6 hours ago, johnpressman said:

I stood up and asked the audience if anyone was familiar with that scene.  

And their response was ...?

I've only ever seen the movie on TCM, so I always assumed that scene was standard until reading your post.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, johnpressman said:

Delbert Mann said that the scene had been cut out for broadcast TV.  TCM shows "Marty" with the scene included but the Movies Network recently showed "Marty" with the scene missing!

One thing I don't get....

I first saw MARTY on a Saturday matinee TV broadcast of BILL KENNEDY's SHOWTIME in '67.  And that scene was in it as well.  In fact, I can't imagine why anything would be cut from it.  And maybe that scene was intact because Kennedy's TV program was broadcast from across the Detroit river from Windsor, Ont. at the time?  I couldn't say.

Sepiatone

51 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

One thing I don't get....

I first saw MARTY on a Saturday matinee TV broadcast of BILL KENNEDY's SHOWTIME in '67.  And that scene was in it as well.  In fact, I can't imagine why anything would be cut from it.  And maybe that scene was intact because Kennedy's TV program was broadcast from across the Detroit river from Windsor, Ont. at the time?  I couldn't say.

Sepiatone

Someone's entered this in the "Alternate Versions" portion of Marty's IMDb listing:

When Marty drops off Clara at her home after their evening out, there is an additional 5-minute sequence where she visits her parents in their bedroom and discusses her date with Marty (included in the CBS FOX VHS and the 2014 Kino Lorber releases, but deleted from the MGM Vintage Classics VHS and DVD).

• Like 1

I remember when Jane Fonda was married to Ted Turner, TCM showed the sanitized version of her 1978 movie Coming Home in the wee small hours of the morning.  It was the edited print that had been shown on other TV stations with the sex/nudity scene between Fonda's and Jon Voight's characters deleted.  (So it must have been shown on TCM sometime between its premiere on 4.14.1994 and their divorce on 5.22.2001.)  All hell broke loose with fans and critics alike accusing TCM of not following its own "uncut" rule.

In "Star Wars II - Attack of The Clones", my DVD showed a deleted scene which should had been kept in.  2:00 time frame - the analysis droids.  At the diner no one knew what Dex were referring to.  :huh:

There's so many movies out there now with different versions extant that a person can buy I find it impossible to keep track of them all.  

STAR WARS has too many extant versions for me to remember offhand -- but I have my mind made up on which version of "Star Wars" I will watch:  My 1982 '20th Century Fox Video' VHS release.   I believe that early video edition has the fewest "tinkerings" with the movie that you'll find.  It's obviously not in W/S . . . but I don't care.  It still plays well and I'm satisfied.  

I remember CRIMSON TIDE (1995) had a special extended version released on DVD in 2006 or 2008 that ran some 8 minutes longer than the theatrical version.   WATERWORLD has a couple of versions extant.  WYATT EARP (1994) had an 'Extended Cut' released on a 2-Tape VHS set by 'Warner Home Video'.  GETTYBURG, GODS & GENERALS, DEAD-ALIVE, HOOR (the Ken Russell movie), BAD LIEUTEANT (w/Harvey Keitel) and God-Knows-How-Many other 1990s-And-Beyond films have at least 2 versions in circulation a person can buy.  I remember VIDMARK Entertainment (later 'Trimark') released a number of movies in R-Rated and Unrated versions.  BASIC INSTINCT (1992) had an [R] and an 'Unrated' version issued by Carolco on video.  I remember the 1992 Sally Kirkland film IN THE HEAT OF PASSION was released by Columbia on VHS in an [R] and Unrated Version.  (I rather enjoyed that movie, I might add).  Director's Cuts, Expanded Editions, Special Editions, et cetera of various movies have made it very difficult -- if not downright impossible -- to keep track of all the various cuts of movies floating around (not to mention what appear to be called 'FanEdits' of certain movies which are cobbled together by folks who are enthusiasts of a particular film).

--------------------------------------------

Here are some 1990-and-before  theatrical releases that have had different versions available to buy at some point whether it be VHS, LaserDisc, DVD or Blu-Ray.   And by that I don't mean VHS, LD, DVD or Blu-Ray releases that include 'Deleted Scenes' and/or 'Outtakes' in the 'Bonus Features' -- I mean specifically movies where different scenes are incorporated back *into* the movies.  I have a VHS 'Special Edition' of both "The French Connection" and "Jaws" that each feature 'extra' or 'deleted scenes, but none of these scenes are back into the actual film.  Also, THE HOWLING (1980) would not be included because the MGM DVD does not add any of the 'Deleted Scenes' back into the movie . . . but THE LITTLE GIRL WHO LIVES DOWN THE LANE (1976) and SQUIRM (1976) are included because the MGM DVD releases of both films added footage back into each movie that had been edited out decades earlier.  I hope that makes sense.  

---------------------------------------------

ABYSS, The (1989)

ALIEN (1979)

ALIENS (1986)

ALLIGATOR (1980)

APOCALYPSE NOW (1979) 

BELLS (1980-Canadian)  [The U.S. version under the "Murder By Phone" title was missing some 15 minutes compared to the original Canadian version].

BIG (1988)

BIG SLEEP, The (1945/46)

BLADE RUNNER (1982)  How many versions exist of this one?  6?  7?  I've lost count . . .

CINDERELLA (1977)  [The version with Cheryl "Rainbeaux" Smith].

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND (1977)  Pick which version you like better!

CRIMES OF PASSION (1984)

CROCODILE DUNDEE (1986-Australian)  The first Australian PAL-VHS release has the original Aussie version of the movie before it was trimmed and re-done a little bit for its U.S. release.

CURSE OF THE DEMON (1958-UK)  The U.S. version was hacked up compared to the original UK theatrical version.

DANCES WITH WOLVES (1990)  Remember the Special Expanded Edition released on video by Orion?   It ran some 55 minutes longer than the theatrical 'cut'.

DEATH WISH (1974)  The UK censors were not enamored of "Death Wish" . . . so it suffered c/u/t/s over there. 

DEATH WISH II (1982)  Find the Greek VHS release and see "Death Wish II" with more nasty stuff included not seen elsewhere.

DEATH WISH 3 (1985)  It seems that Columbia in Australia released the Tv print on tape instead of the theatrical version. 

EAST END HUSTLE (1976-Canadian)

EVILSPEAK (1982)

ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK (1981)

EYE OF THE CAT (1969)  [The Blu-Ray disc includes the original theatrical feature and the seriously altered 'TV Cut' of the movie].

FAMILY, The (1970-Italian)  The original U.S. theatrical version cuts out the nudity and various expository plot scenes.   [aka:  "Violent City"].

FATAL ATTRACTION (1987)

FRIDAY THE 13th (1980)  (ALSO:  I have noted the gory scenes that were cut from F13, Part 2 some four decades ago were found but were apparently not re-inserted back into the film -- these gory bits are only seen in the bonus features -- unlike "My Bloody Valentine" where various gory bits *were* put back into the film).

GHOUL, The (1975-UK) 

GOOD, the BAD and the UGLY, The (1966-IT/SP)

HEAVEN'S GATE (1980)

HOSPITAL MASSACRE (1981)  Runs 89m.   An alternate version extant runs only 78 minutes.  [aka:  "X-Ray"].

HUMONGOUS (1981-Canadian)  The r-a-p-e scene at the beginning is what's c/u/t from most versions -- but not all.

HUNTING PARTY, The (1971)  The WARNER UK release was c/u/t by order of the BBFC by 1m 44secs. 

IT'S A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD (1963)  There's 3 versions of this movie extant. 

KNIFE FOR THE LADIES, A (1974)  [aka:  "Silent Sentence"]

LAST PICTURE SHOW, The (1971)

LITTLE GIRL WHO LIVES DOWN THE LANE, The (1976)

LOLITA (1962-UK)

KEEP, The (1983)  I believe there's an Australian disc of "The Keep" for sale that adds back several minutes, although the original 'full' version of the movie may never be seen.

MAN WHO HAD POWER OVER WOMEN, The (1970-UK)

MASSACRE AT FORT HOLMAN (1972-Italian Western)  (aka:  "A Reason to Live, a Reason to Die"). 

MY BLOODY VALENTINE (1981-Canadian)  Lots of gore was edited back into the film for its 2009 DVD release! 

NIGHTMARE IN BADHAM COUNTY (1976-Tvm)  The U.S. version was aired as a tele-film . . . the overseas theatrical version was sleeeeeezy! 

OLD CURIOSITY SHOP, The (1975-UK)  One version runs 91 minutes with several songs missing; the full-length version runs 114m.  Both versions were released on VHS.  

ONE FROM THE HEART (1982)

OSTERMAN WEEKEND, The (1983)

OUTSIDERS, The (1983)

POSSESSION OF VIRGINIA, The (1972-French Canadian)  D:Jean Beaudin.  Stars:  Daniel Pilon, Danielle Ouimet, Louise Marleau.

RE-ANIMATOR (1985)

RITUALS (1977-Canadian)

SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER (1977)

SCREAMS OF A WINTER NIGHT (1979)

SHE'S GOTTA HAVE IT (1986) (LD)

SQUIRM (1976)

SEA OF LOVE (1989)

SEIZURE (1974-Canadian)  [aka:  "Queen of Evil"]

SHINING, The (1980)  The version released in the UK was shortened considerably from the U.S. release.  The WARNER HOME VIDEO UK release ran only 115 minutes [in PAL].

→ I believe the first few 'STAR TREK' movies beginning with "Star Trek:  The Motion Picture" (1979) all have had different homevideo versions available for purchase. 

STAR WARS (1977)  (NOTE:  I'm not 100% sure about "The Empire Strikes Back" or "Return of the Jedi" having different versions available for the public to buy -- I think there are different editions, but I don't know for certain).

SUPERGIRL (1984)  I know of 3 different versions of "Supergirl".   If you like the movie ye may as well buy all three.   

SUPERMAN (1978-Adventure)

SUPERMAN II (1980-Adventure)  (As an aside, "Superman", "Superman II" and "Superman III" all had television broadcast versions aired which contained extra footage -- but I don't think any of these three 'assembled-for-TV' editions have ever been made available for sale, but there are different versions of "Superman" and "Superman II" available to be bought).

SWARM, The (1978-This is bad, Very Bad)  But there are *2* versions available to purchase for those folks who are gluttons for 'video punishment'! 

TEACHER, The (1974)  One video version has a scene featuring a phone call shortened for some inexplicable reason. 

TEXASVILLE (1990) (LD)

THIEF (1981)

THIEF OF HEARTS (1984)

TOUCH OF EVIL (1958) 

TRACKDOWN (1976)  The UK WARNER HOME VIDEO release is unique; missing 35s because the BBFC didn't like Karen Lamm getting beaten to a pulp . . . so it was c/u/t! 

URGH!  A MUSIC WAR (1981-Musical Chronicle)  The DVD is missing a couple of the performances seen in the VHS release.

WHEN TIME RAN OUT . . . (1980)  [aka:  "Earth's Final Fury, The"]  The version of the film released on video by WARNER in the UK only ran 105 minutes [in PAL] and the U.S. DVD release is the same 'cut' of the movie.  However, the U.S. WARNER VHS release runs 140 minutes and says "Expanded Video Edition" on the back of the sleeve art.

WICKER MAN, The (1973-UK)  There's 3 different extant versions of "The Wicker Man".  Take your pick! 

WINDOWS (1980)  The BBFC was very displeased with "Windows"; they ordered 3m 35secs to be cut from the movie for its 1987 Warner Home Video release.   Apparently the censors didn't like Talia Shire being forced into 'heavy breathing' by dopey cabdriver 'Obecny'. 

------------------------------------------------

Here are TV VERSIONS of various movies that were different from their theatrical counterparts due to alternate footage being added for time and/or because other scenes from the film had to be excised due to content or some other reason.   For instance, FAR AND AWAY had loads of footage added so it could be aired over 2 nights back in the mid-1990s . . . but I have no idea why it was done.  What was the motivation behind wanting "Far and Away" to be a 2-night Tv presentation?  Beats me.  (I wish I'd have taped it, though!). 

Anyway: 

48 HRS. (1982), TRADING PLACES (1983),  RANCHO DELUXE (1975), CHEECH & CHONG'S NEXT MOVIE (1980), THREE INTO TWO WON'T GO (1969), EYE OF THE CAT (1969), DIARY OF A MAD HOUSEWIFE (1970), SECRET CEREMONY (1968), BLAZING SADDLES (1974), FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH (1982), QUICK CHANGE (1990), SO FINE (1981), SUPERMAN (1978), SUPERMAN II (1980), SUPERMAN III (1983), THE FUNHOUSE (1981), DEATH SHIP (1980-Canadian), BORN IN EAST L.A. (1987), SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER (1977), AIRPLANE! (1980), AIRPLANE II (1982), P.J. (1968), FAR AND AWAY (1995), MY FAVORITE YEAR (1982), SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT (1977) -- has just 1 short scene added, SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT, Part 3 (1983), DIRTY MARY CRAZY LARRY (1974), CAR WASH (1976) and I reckon there's plenty more movies that had "TV versions" that I don't know about.   EDIT:  I forgot PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES (1987).  The Tv version adds a scene on the airplane involving airline food. 

I sincerely wish I'd have taped more of these "Tv versions" than just the two I did, which were "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" and "Saturday Night Fever".  I saw "Quick Change", "Airplane II", "Blazing Saddles" and several others in their "television editions" but didn't record them.  I had taped the Tv version of "Smokey and the Bandit, Part 3" . . . but taped over it for some reason.  I'm such an idiot!  I recall THE FUNHOUSE (1981) and CAR WASH (1976) were considerably different in their editions prepared for television.      

→ If anyone knows of other theatrical films that weren't just edited for content but had footage +added+ for their television broadcast airings I'd be curious to know. 

Useless Trivia Nuggets: 

EVILSPEAK had a TV version, but there was no extra footage added.  Just stuff cut out for gory content, cuss words and shower buns.   

TCM shows "My Favorite Year" quite a bit.  When last I looked -- about a month ago -- the "TV only" scenes from MY FAVORITE YEAR were uploaded to YouTube so anyone with an interest could have a look-see at these bits of footage that were excised from the theatrical edition.  Same with the "TV only" scenes for DIRTY MARY, CRAZY LARRY being uploaded to YouTube.  

On 7/2/2021 at 6:49 PM, NoShear said:

Though I think "COOGan's BLUff" was rated "X" when first released (1968), the DVD cuts include the crucial Polo Grounds scene - no language, no nudity, but no tie-in with the movie's title neither!?

I saw the film in Times Square NYC in 1968 there was no "X" rating in the states in 1968 until November of that year. Coogan's Bluff was released in October.

However 

Videotape and DVD versions of Coogan's Bluff are edited by approximately three minutes in all regions for unknown reasons. The missing scenes include Coogan receiving his assignment to return Ringerman from New York, a short scene in a hospital, and a scene in which Julie talks about Coogan's Bluff, a lookout point over the ocean near New York (the real Coogan's Bluff is a site on Manhattan Island between Washington Heights and Harlem), tying the location into the film's title. (Wikipedia claims these edits were only on the DVD, but they were on the rental.)

3 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

Re: "I saw the film in Times Square NYC in 1968 there was no "X" rating in the states in 1968 until November of that year. Coogan's Bluff was released in October."

Wow, cigarjoe, you were at proverbial ground zero for that release!  

I wasn't too worried about writing that Coogan's Bluff originally received an "X" - I saw it printed on an old sheet - as it really is irrelevant to what I was stressing. The excise of the Polo Grounds scene, which contains nothing worthy of censoring and is central to the film's title, was an absolutely absurd decision.

• Like 1

Sometimes, "deleted" scenes that are incorporated into home video releases are like "previously unreleased" track on CD album reissues.  Takes only a second or two to realize why they were unreleased.    Like the releasing of a version of STAR WARS that had Han Solo walking and talking with Jabba the Hut.  Notice that Jabba in that release is MUCH smaller and LESS  malevolent looking that when we first saw the character in RETURN OF THE JEDI.   Or the re-release of CLOSE ENCOUNTERS(etc.)  with the added footage of Dreyfus being shown inside the spaceship.  But something(it seemed to me) was then too, deleted to make room for it.

Then there's the silliness of later home video releases of ET.  having CGI editing that changed the FBI agent's guns into walkie-talkies for some stupid PC reason.  :rolleyes:

And I have both a VHS theatrical release of THAT THING YOU DO and a DVD that includes both the theatrical release and the "Director's cut" that has a couple of scenes not seen in theaters.  Like Thom Everett Scott and girlfriend Charlize Theron relaxing in his apartment with SPARTACUS(a nickname Scott;s character gives himself) playing on his TV set.  And another scene in which Tom Hanks and Howie Long are sitting in a car, talking with Scott in which the ensuing conversation seems to indicate that Hanks' and Long's characters are more than just pals.  ;)  Obviously, the people in charge felt those two scenes needed to be cut from the theatrical release.

Sepiatone

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

And another scene in which Tom Hanks and Howie Long are sitting in a car, talking with Scott in which the ensuing conversation seems to indicate that Hanks' and Long's characters are more than just pals.

I thought there were a couple of scenes. Isn't there more of them at the beach movie shoot and then the added scene outside the hotel. IIRC they enter together. Not exactly ambiguous.

38 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Sometimes, "deleted" scenes that are incorporated into home video releases are like "previously unreleased" track on CD album reissues.  Takes only a second or two to realize why they were unreleased.    Like the releasing of a version of STAR WARS that had Han Solo walking and talking with Jabba the Hut.  Notice that Jabba in that release is MUCH smaller and LESS  malevolent looking that when we first saw the character in RETURN OF THE JEDI.   Or the re-release of CLOSE ENCOUNTERS(etc.)  with the added footage of Dreyfus being shown inside the spaceship.  But something(it seemed to me) was then too, deleted to make room for it.

Then there's the silliness of later home video releases of ET.  having CGI editing that changed the FBI agent's guns into walkie-talkies for some stupid PC reason.  :rolleyes:

And I have both a VHS theatrical release of THAT THING YOU DO and a DVD that includes both the theatrical release and the "Director's cut" that has a couple of scenes not seen in theaters.  Like Thom Everett Scott and girlfriend Charlize Theron relaxing in his apartment with SPARTACUS(a nickname Scott;s character gives himself) playing on his TV set.  And another scene in which Tom Hanks and Howie Long are sitting in a car, talking with Scott in which the ensuing conversation seems to indicate that Hanks' and Long's characters are more than just pals.  ;)  Obviously, the people in charge felt those two scenes needed to be cut from the theatrical release.

Sepiatone

Howie Long's scenes were cut out entirely.  One of the cable movie stations had the longer version in its rotation some years back.

I thought Jabba was injected into Episode IV digitally, as Lucas wasn't satisfied with the animatronic puppet device used at the time, and that was the reason that scene was originally cut?  Maybe I'm remembering the story wrong.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Moe Howard said:

I thought there were a couple of scenes. Isn't there more of them at the beach movie shoot and then the added scene outside the hotel. IIRC they enter together. Not exactly ambiguous.

If you're talking about Scott's and Liv Tyler's characters entering the hotel together at the end of the movie, that scene is in both versions.   And I think you're right about the beach movie.  And I think there's added footage in the garage practice segment.  It's been a while.

Sepiatone

32 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

If you're talking about Scott's and Liv Tyler's characters entering the hotel together at the end of the movie, that scene is in both versions.   And I think you're right about the beach movie.  And I think there's added footage in the garage practice segment.  It's been a while.

Sepiatone

That Thing You DO is a favorite for our friday family movie night. Seen it many many times. I've only seen the DIrector's Cut one time, I think it was on Encore.  I misremembered, Hanks and Long do not enter together. Long is waiting for his date outside the hotel. Then that short added exchange between them during the Captain Geech and the Shrimp Shack Shooters scene.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

Or the re-release of CLOSE ENCOUNTERS(etc.)  with the added footage of Dreyfus being shown inside the spaceship.  But something(it seemed to me) was then too, deleted to make room for it.

Sepiatone

I believe the scene of Dreyfus throwing shovels, dirt and plants out of his window and frantically running around his yard with a wheelbarrow was shortened for the re-release of Close Encounters.  Personally, I prefer the original version without the added footage inside the spaceship.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, filmnoirguy said:

I believe the scene of Dreyfus throwing shovels, dirt and plants out of his window and frantically running around his yard with a wheelbarrow was shortened for the re-release of Close Encounters.  Personally, I prefer the original version without the added footage inside the spaceship.

Yep, me too. My understanding is Special Edition is more inside the ship, less Dreyfuss breakdown.

I also think it's the "special edition" version that has footage of Dreyfuss  talking with other power company workers before he goes off to his assignment and then encounters those three galactic phenomenons.  But like I said, it's been a while.

Sepiatone

I like the longer version of SEA OF LOVE (1989) that was released -- perhaps mistakenly -- by UNIVERSAL in 2000 under the "Universal Thrillers" heading.  It adds Lorraine Bracco back in to the movie + there's an extra scene with William Hickey as 'Frank Sr.' along with another scene of Pacino getting paranoid on the street.  I wish I knew how this version of SEA OF LOVE got released as there is no notice on the video box or videocassette label that this is not the theatrical version.  But when I started watching and 'Lorraine Bracco' got a credit -- which she does not in the theatrical version -- I figured something was up. 

For: D0ggystyle (2001): "Alternate versions: The movie exists in an 84-minute version with sex scenes and a 64-minute version without."

I know nothing more about this movie and do not know if it is available for viewing anywhere. I simply stumbled across it while searching for information on how/why Kermit the Frog is commonly held responsible for the attacks on: The World Trade Center towers.

On 7/4/2021 at 12:17 PM, txfilmfan said:

I thought Jabba was injected into Episode IV digitally, as Lucas wasn't satisfied with the animatronic puppet device used at the time, and that was the reason that scene was originally cut? 

Jabba was played by a human actor in the scene as originally filmed. I know this because I had a photo storybook of the movie when I was in second grade. Working from an early draft of the screenplay, I assume, they released the book without knowing the scene would be cut. They had scenes of Biggs Darklighter on Tattooine in the book as well. For the enhanced edition, they removed the actor and inserted a digital Jabba the way he looked in Jedi.

I have a 16mm print of the network version of THE TOWERING INFERNO. There is almost 30 minutes of extra footage.

As for cuts, when I was at WCIX in Miami in 1978, we scheduled MIDNIGHT COWBOY. A fellow editor was a maven for the film and was incensed that United Artists sent a print that, in the negative, had been edited from 113 to  around 100 minutes. He lobbied the station manager who, in turn, instructed UA to send us a theatrical print. The editor then proceeded to cut 45 seconds from the film! We ran it in a 2-1/2 hour time slot. The adventures of local television.

• Like 3

I remember WCIX, Channel 6, out of Miami.  I lived in West Palm Beach at the time and my family had a large antenna and when we pointed it south we could pick up Ch. 6.   It was a thrill for my youthful mind to be able to see programming on Ch. 6 cos it was so far away.   I remember at the time Channel 7 from Miami was 'WCKT'.  

ALSO:  Might you have a tape of the television version of THE TOWERING INFERNO, Ray?  I noted the DVD release did not incorporate those extra scenes back in to the movie as an 'Option'; the "Tv-only" scenes are available just as stand-alone bonus scenes.  I would've bought the disc years ago if the Tv scenes had been incorporated back in to the movie. 

→ Have you ever seen the TV print of "Alligator", Mr. Faiola? 

17 hours ago, Mr. Gorman said:

ALSO:  Might you have a tape of the television version of THE TOWERING INFERNO, Ray?  I noted the DVD release did not incorporate those extra scenes back in to the movie as an 'Option'; the "Tv-only" scenes are available just as stand-alone bonus scenes.  I would've bought the disc years ago if the Tv scenes had been incorporated back in to the movie. 

→ Have you ever seen the TV print of "Alligator", Mr. Faiola? 

No, I'm afraid not on both questions!

• Like 1