Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My 5,000th Post!

sewhite2000

I'd planned a long ramble, sort of a defining statement of purpose and how it's altered in my 13 years on these boards. I also intended a sort of commentary/lecture on behavior of these boards and the state of social media in general and finally a discussion on movies and how my tastes have changed during this time. All that seems like a lot of work right now. So, thanks to all the people who have been on this long, crazy ride with me. Moderators, please don't move this thread! I live my online life on the General Discussions board and wouldn't want to have to go somewhere else. To keep this topical: movies movies movies TCM movies movies movies movies Andy Hardy Esther Williams SUTS 31 Days Attack of the 50 Foot Woman Meet Me in St. Louis movies.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Congratulations! And many more profound posts to come, no doubt!

I was going to mention that I celebrated my 15th anniversary on the Board on Thursday, July 1, but didn't get around to it. But I will certainly celebrate St. Swithin's Day on July 15.

6222a22c57e48491c4920653d6756b43.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Swithin said:

Congratulations! And many more profound posts to come, no doubt!

I was going to mention that I celebrated my 15th anniversary on the Board on Thursday, July 1, but didn't get around to it. But I will certainly celebrate St. Swithin's Day on July 15.

6222a22c57e48491c4920653d6756b43.jpg

Hmmm...in that case Swithin ol' boy, maybe I'll honor you on this day by spelling certain words in my posts with that...well, YOU know, like the word "honor" here, dude!

(...seems the least I could do to honor another one of the stalwarts around here)  ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Hmmm...in that case Swithin ol' boy, maybe I'll honor you on this day by spelling certain words in my posts with that...well, YOU know, like the word "honor" here, dude!

(...seems the least I could do to honor another one of the stalwarts around here)  ;)

Dargo, if you excluded the posts in which you made reference to superfluous U's, you'd be tied with Sewhite with 5,000 posts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, TomJH said:

Dargo, if you excluded the posts in which you made reference to superfluous U's, you'd be tied with Sewhite with 5,000 posts.

LOL

Ain't THAT the truth!

(...and remember, you can't spell the word "truth" without that letter 'u'!)  ;)

• Haha 1

Well CONGRATS Sewhite2000! Thank you for all your schedule lists & posting your opinions on classic movies in well thought out, plain language we all enjoy.  In a sea of careless stream-of-consciousness gibberish on these internet message boards, your posts are memorable & refreshing.

• Like 2

Some months ago I finally surpassed 10,000 but received no glory because by that time 10,000 had ceased to be considered a milestone around here. I didn't even make the 10,000 Post Party Thread. This thread is moribund as that milestone is now small potatoes. My achievement is but paltry alongside the sheer proliferation of nearly everyone else. I once complained to my analyst that I was suffering from inferiority because everyone else had so many more posts that I did, despite the fact that I have around here for a long time. "Now, now," he said trying to comfort me, "I consulted the forum just the other day and there was someone there with only 8,766 posts. You have more than that." "Yeah, I know," I replied, "but that person has been here for only two weeks." "Oh, I see," he said, "Well, I guess you are pretty bad, after all. Have you thought of killing yourself?" I have since changed analysts. Now I am approaching 15,000 and by the time I get there I fear I will once again be tragically  ignored. I could start my own thread and call it "MY 15,000TH POST" but I have an appalling aversion to initialing threads, I have started probably less than 20 threads my whole time here. I could never take the trauma. So, I will continue my drab, anonymous existence, posting away nonetheless, one post at a time (as they say), and wrenching whatever joy I can get out of each one singly. What me, Count?

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, laffite said:

Some months ago I finally surpassed 10,000 but received no glory because by that time 10,000 had ceased to be considered a milestone around here. I didn't even make the 10,000 Post Party Thread. This thread is moribund as that milestone is now small potatoes. My achievement is but paltry alongside the sheer proliferation of nearly everyone else. I once complained to my analyst that I was suffering from inferiority because everyone else had so many more posts that I did, despite the fact that I have around here for a long time. "Now, now," he said trying to comfort me, "I consulted the forum just the other day and there was someone there with only 8,766 posts. You have more than that." "Yeah, I know," I replied, "but that person has been here for only two weeks." "Oh, I see," he said, "Well, I guess you are pretty bad, after all. Have you thought of killing yourself?" I have since changed analysts. Now I am approaching 15,000 and by the time I get there I fear I will once again be tragically  ignored. I could start my own thread and call it "MY 15,000TH POST" but I have an appalling aversion to initialing threads, I have started probably less than 20 threads my whole time here. I could never take the trauma. So, I will continue my drab, anonymous existence, posting away nonetheless, one post at a time (as they say), and wrenching whatever joy I can get out of each one singly. What me, Count?

I believe that you should not worry. I average seventy-five-percent as many posts per year as you. It would be much less if my count had deducted from it the number of times I have had to take Dargo in hand.

• Haha 1