Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please TCM, give us break from the repeated showing of these films

I have a movie database of more than 7,100 films (6,050+ films I have seen and currently 1,074 films I am hoping to see).  It used to be that I  would get to see 3-10 films on TCM from my "want to see" list.  But those days are over.  Three out of the last seven months TCM has not shown any films from my "want to see" list.

What makes this particularly frustrating is the decision by TCM to offer the same films over and over again.  Here is my list of films that I would like to put to rest for a while so room can be made for some films previously un-shown on TCM:

The Best Years of Our Lives;   Blackboard Jungle;   Bonnie & Clyde;   Bringing up Baby;   Casablanca;   Citizen Kane;   A Face in the Crowd;   Fail Safe;   Giant;   Gone with the Wind;  The Great Escape;  Guess Who's Coming to Dinner;   Lust for Life;  The Maltese Falcon;   Ninotchka;   North by Northwest;   Rear Window;   Seven Days in May;   The Shop Around the Corner;  Strangers on a Train (my candidate for the most frequently shown film on TCM, excepting of course Gone with the Wind);   The Thin Man;  The Third Man;   and Young Man with a Horn

I know that many forum members will see one or more of their personal favorite films on this list of frequent repeaters, but please remember that when TCM shows the same films again and again they are not offering you the opportunity to watch other films that might become a personal favorite.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I would add the constant ads for the podcasts of "Bonfire" and what went wrong.  At this point I DON'T CARE. The movie sucked, but their repeated pimping of this is so much worse that I change the channel immediately because it's become unbearable.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Katie_G said:

I would add the constant ads for the podcasts of "Bonfire" and what went wrong.  At this point I DON'T CARE. The movie sucked, but their repeated pimping of this is so much worse that I change the channel immediately because it's become unbearable.

I was thinking the same  thing, TCM is doing this because of a book on a turkey ? Wow  i should write a book on the Ben Hur movie from 2016! A  Mega stiff  .There is a book coming out in September on Darryl F Zanuck  by Scott Eyman -he was showcasing his Cary Grant bio on TCM  last year.I hope they will give it  4 evenings as Zanuck was the best  mogul of the movie era,he could do anything,:screenplays,editing,marketing, an active casting couch and great stories a brilliant mind,i have several good bios on Zanuck but i 'am looking forward for this one .The first bio on Zanuck i think) FROM 1971 was titled' Don't Say Yes Till I Finish Talking'. Well they will have to book some important Fox films to do this correctly. but The Bonfire of the Vanities overkill is a big time error from my point of view.

• Like 2