Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tonight: What's Your Sign?

14 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Dargo - I wasn't being sarcastic about your Pisces comrades, lol.  I mean, come on, Albert Einstein and George Washington!  They're not chopped liver!   Oh, I forgot to mention -- Lou Costello!

Lloyd Nolan (Leo)

I'm going to look up Bugs' "creation" date and get back to you on his sun sign.  I'll bet this bunny is an Aries!

WAIT! How can a bunny be a sheep???

Well, you DID just mention "Lou Costello" here, now didn't ya?!  ;)

Get IT?  Sort'a playin' off his old "Who's On First" routine with Bud here, ya see. Although actually, this might be more akin to another of their classic routines here...

• Haha 1
34 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

I want to be the Dragon.

That's a good one.  Imposing and grand.

Not like the Rat who, if noted at all, is associated with THE PLAGUE.

I looked up some celebrities who share our rodent heritage.  More than a few unsettling people....

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

I’m a Cancer too. And my Chinese zodiac is a Rat, so I got the short end of the stick in both zodiacs. 

Double trouble. I wouldn't mind as much if I had always been a Cancer, but switching from Gemini

to Cancer was a bummer. 

6 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Double trouble. I wouldn't mind as much if I had always been a Cancer, but switching from Gemini

to Cancer was a bummer. 

Ah. I've always been a Cancer.  Sometimes I was on the first or second day of Cancer.  Very rarely, if the dates are way different on a specific horoscope thing, I've been the last day of Gemini.

Aside from being a Cancer and a Rat, the symbol of Cancer looks like "69" o.O so I also have that going for me.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Ah. I've always been a Cancer.  Sometimes I was on the first or second day of Cancer.  Very rarely, if the dates are way different on a specific horoscope thing, I've been the last day of Gemini.

Aside from being a Cancer and a Rat, the symbol of Cancer looks like "69" o.O so I also have that going for me.

69, well there's one good thing amid the ruins. Maybe I should keep looking in different newspapers until I

find a Gemini that starts on June 21st. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Vautrin said:

69, well there's one good thing amid the ruins. Maybe I should keep looking in different newspapers until I

find a Gemini that starts on June 21st. 

If you do, that'll make me a Gemini too if it starts on June 21.

10 hours ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Full disclosure -- I'm a Libra Sun with Moon in Gemini and Taurus Rising.

I like to think that a little bit of Scorpio seeps into my October 22nd cusp.  Makes me feel powerful, lol.

I'm on the first or second day of Cancer, very rarely (depending on the horoscope chart), I might be the last day of Gemini.  I am June 22.

• Like 1
On 7/8/2021 at 1:44 PM, Bronxgirl48 said:

I was born October 22, Scorpio cusp but am resolutely a Libra by every astrological account.   Sometimes that's good and sometimes it isn't, lol.

My late mother was born in Manhattan on October 22 but lived most of her life in the Bronx.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

If you do, that'll make me a Gemini too if it starts on June 21.

Newspapers, how 20th century. There are loads of astrology sites on the internet. Some have

June 21 as Gemini, others as Cancer. The star impel, they do not compel.

• Like 1
On 7/11/2021 at 11:15 AM, speedracer5 said:

I'm on the first or second day of Cancer, very rarely (depending on the horoscope chart), I might be the last day of Gemini.  I am June 22.

We 22's got lucky in the numerology department (I also do some dabbling in that field) -- 22 and also 11 are supposed to represent a "higher" power although frankly I'm not sure why, lol.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

The original KING KONG tonight!

Fay Wray (Virgo)

Oh yeah, Kong ESPECIALLY liked Virgo women.

See the look in his eyes when he catches sight of one?!...

giphy.gif

(...poor guy though...with him bein' a Sagittarius, this relationship was doomed from the beginning)

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Oh yeah, Kong ESPECIALLY liked Virgo women.

See the look in his eyes when he catches sight of one?!...

giphy.gif

(...poor guy though...with him bein' a Sagittarius, this relationship was doomed from the beginning)

I gotta find out when old Kong was "constructed" -- perhaps he really is a Sag.

Interestingly, Robert Armstrong actually is one!

6 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

I gotta find out when old Kong was "constructed" -- perhaps he really is a Sag.

Interestingly, Robert Armstrong actually is one!

So Bronxie. Is one of the traits of a Sagittarius being a person who takes things to New York City which have no good reason for going there???

(...well, you ARE the expert in this kind'a stuff, aren't YA?!!!)  ;)

Yep!  This a case where the real-life sun sign of an actor and their most famous role come together in perfect harmony!  Could not get any better because Carl Denham fits the Sag personality to a T:  an impulsive, globe-trotting, reckless, grandiose movie producer.

• Thanks 1

Just wanted to get this in (if anybody cares) -- I have found that actors with prominent Scorpio in their chart, whether it be Sun, Moon, or Ascendant (aka Rising Sign) really knew, almost instinctively, how to express a character's dark side.  Off the top of my noggin:

Clifton Webb (Sun) LAURA

Hope Emerson (Sun) CAGED

Gene Tierney (Sun) LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN,  THE RAZOR'S EDGE, THE EGYPTIAN

Anne Baxter (Ascendant) GUEST IN THE HOUSE, THE RAZOR'S EDGE, ALL ABOUT EVE

Katherine Hepburn (Ascendant) SUDDENLY LAST SUMMER, THE LION IN WINTER

Bette Davis (Ascendant) IN THIS OUR LIFE, WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE, HUSH...HUSH...SWEET CHARLOTTE

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 4:21 AM, cmovieviewer said:

Not only that, it's 4 consecutive Tuesdays.  I feel sorry for Alicia Malone having to be the host.

You can tell she's not into it! LOL.

When my wife and I sat down the other evening to watch The Prince and the Showgirl, we looked forward – as we always do – to a TCM host (and perhaps a guest) giving us some historical background and context, perhaps discussing some aspect of the making of the film or how it was perceived at its initial release. However, we stared at the screen – and then at each other – in utter disbelief as a woman blabbered on at great length about astrology. We would love to have learned more about the making of Prince and the Showgirl, and if any film needs some context (we found to to be an extremely sexist-seeming film), it's this one, far more so than the often-maligned My Fair Lady.

How sad that TCM is sinking to such inanity. We have nothing against astrology per se, but unless a particular filmmaker or star was guided by it, or the film being screened is specifically about astrology, we see no reason why it should form the basis for an entire series of screenings. We found it insulting to our intelligence, and it taught us nothing.

• Like 3