Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tonight: What's Your Sign?

27 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Actually.....there are two sorts of Pisces.

One is dedicated to selfless pursuits involving volunteerism on a global scale, the arts, and anything dealing with creativity.  They are angelic souls who love to help other people, are modest, humble, and sweet-natured.  They have a natural, organic discipline which keeps them balanced and in harmony with all human beings and nature.   This is a fully evolved Pisces who has his or her feet on the ground even as the head might be in the clouds, dreaming of a perfect world yet shrewdly acknowledging its harsh realities.  

The other, well...lives only for pleasure and might even be tempted to....shall we say....explore the shadier aspects of human existence.  

So then, lemme get this straight here.

This OTHER sort of Pisces might, say, yell "FIRE!" inside a crowded theater when there is none, OR maybe even yell "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! THE GIANT ANTS ARE HERE!" inside a crowded Costco, RIGHT?!

(...well then, I guess I know which sort of Pisces I am, don't I!)

• Haha 2

I haven't meticulously been following this conversation, but I did try to do my chart based on the website that was recommended earlier.  I'm a Leo (which of course I knew); Libra ascendant (which goes against something I heard in the past); Moon in Gemini; 

I have no earth signs. I have 4 fire signs, 5 air signs, 1 water sign; 9 masculine, 1 feminine, 3 cardinal, 3 fixed, 4 mutable. 

Not sure I understand the other stuff; for example Jupiter in Sagittarius; Saturn in Leo; and all the houses.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

If you did, and you put in your place of birth, and then hit submit or "o.k.", you will see that box with all your birth planets in their respective houses.  

Yikes!

Your birthday and home town are two of the most important pieces of information needed for identity theft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
14 hours ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

You are a fish!  Live with it!  LOL

LOL! My chart is a mix of water and fire signs. (one or two air and earth). Doesn't sound like a good combination! (Fire and Water) I'm continually putting out fires? :D

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Okay, this is good to hear.  So if it says Sag, then that indeed is your rising sign.

Now, there are two "types" of Sagittarians -- 1) scholarly, intellectual, even visionary people who find satisfaction with careers in education, travel, the law, or publishing.  They are natural-born teachers.  Their quest for knowledge has them seeking out life's truths and mysteries.   2) larger-than-life, good-natured individuals with great senses of humor who love nothing better than partying and having a lively time.  They are usually big spenders, extravagant and love to live "big" . Studious pursuits do not interest them.      

Thanks for the info. I looked up Pisces in Venus and that fits me very much, but Sagg rising, not so much. But I can see a little of that in me. Interesting information. Thank you for explaining.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Okay, this is good to hear.  So if it says Sag, then that indeed is your rising sign.

Now, there are two "types" of Sagittarians -- 1) scholarly, intellectual, even visionary people who find satisfaction with careers in education, travel, the law, or publishing.  They are natural-born teachers.  Their quest for knowledge has them seeking out life's truths and mysteries.   2) larger-than-life, good-natured individuals with great senses of humor who love nothing better than partying and having a lively time.  They are usually big spenders, extravagant and love to live "big" . Studious pursuits do not interest them.      

Thanks. Yes, I have some of both of those attributes, but not dominant in my personality.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Actually.....there are two sorts of Pisces.

One is dedicated to selfless pursuits involving volunteerism on a global scale, the arts, and anything dealing with creativity.  They are angelic souls who love to help other people, are modest, humble, and sweet-natured.  They have a natural, organic discipline which keeps them balanced and in harmony with all human beings and nature.   This is a fully evolved Pisces who has his or her feet on the ground even as the head might be in the clouds, dreaming of a perfect world yet shrewdly acknowledging its harsh realities.  

The other, well...lives only for pleasure and might even be tempted to....shall we say....explore the shadier aspects of human existence.  

LOL! I'm definitely in the first group! :D

• Like 1
13 hours ago, SansFin said:

Yikes!

Your birthday and home town are two of the most important pieces of information needed for identity theft.

Too late now! Glad I didnt put my real first name in there.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, SansFin said:

Yikes!

A valid concern, SansFin, especially in this day and age but please believe me, as a cautious and vigilant person like yourself, that I have used this site for many, many years and can say without reservation that there is nothing to worry about in this regard.     

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Too late now! Glad I didnt put my real first name in there.

See my response to SansFin on this topic.

Do not worry.   And I say that as a classic worrier, lol.   You can use the site without hesitation.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Thanks for the info. I looked up Pisces in Venus and that fits me very much, but Sagg rising, not so much. But I can see a little of that in me. Interesting information. Thank you for explaining.

Oh you are welcome.   It is fascinating stuff, n'est pas?   I don't how or why astrology "works", but it just seems to.

35 minutes ago, Hibi said:

LOL! My chart is a mix of water and fire signs. (one or two air and earth). Doesn't sound like a good combination! (Fire and Water) I'm continually putting out fires? :D

Just find yourself a hunky fireman and all will be well!

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Swithin said:

I haven't meticulously been following this conversation, but I did try to do my chart based on the website that was recommended earlier.  I'm a Leo (which of course I knew); Libra ascendant (which goes against something I heard in the past); Moon in Gemini; 

I have no earth signs. I have 4 fire signs, 5 air signs, 1 water sign; 9 masculine, 1 feminine, 3 cardinal, 3 fixed, 4 mutable. 

Not sure I understand the other stuff; for example Jupiter in Sagittarius; Saturn in Leo; and all the houses.

Did the "something you heard in the past" tell you that your Ascendant was Virgo or Scorpio?  (the signs before and after Libra, respectively)  You can trust this site to give the correct information, so I can re-affirm its accuracy on Libra.

Jupiter in Sagittarius is a lucky placement and, situated in the third house, ensures that you'll have good fortune in anything involving your immediate neighborhood.  

14 hours ago, Dargo said:

So then, lemme get this straight here.

This OTHER sort of Pisces might, say, yell "FIRE!" inside a crowded theater when there is none, OR maybe even yell "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! THE GIANT ANTS ARE HERE!" inside a crowded Costco, RIGHT?!

(...well then, I guess I know which sort of Pisces I am, don't I!)

Nah, Pisces is far too subtle for that.

Sneaking in poison gas, for example, would be more their style.   Awful to say but sadly appropriate.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Oh you are welcome.   It is fascinating stuff, n'est pas?   I don't how or why astrology "works", but it just seems to.

Yes, fascinating. Goes back to Nostradamus or even earlier?

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Did the "something you heard in the past" tell you that your Ascendant was Virgo or Scorpio?  (the signs before and after Libra, respectively)  You can trust this site to give the correct information, so I can re-affirm its accuracy on Libra.

Jupiter in Sagittarius is a lucky placement and, situated in the third house, ensures that you'll have good fortune in anything involving your immediate neighborhood.  

Yes, I was once told that I had Scorpio rising. 

I have Sun, Saturn, and Pluto in Leo; Moon, Venus, and Uranus in Gemini; Mars and Neptune in Libra; Mercury in Cancer; and Lilith in Pisces; and N Node in Taurus.

Although I know the exact time of my birth from my birth certificate, I was a Caesarean birth. Someone once told me that can affect the chart.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

A valid concern, SansFin, especially in this day and age but please believe me, as a cautious and vigilant person like yourself, that I have used this site for many, many years and can say without reservation that there is nothing to worry about in this regard.     

It is not a concern to me personally as I can never use such a site. There is a quibble about the date of my birth. My mother retired to the upstairs back bedroom as my father was leaving for work one evening. She was attended by my grandmother and a midwife. My father returned from work near dawn and my grandmother, my mother and I were all sound asleep and the midwife had gone. Grandmother and mother disagreed on whether it was before or after midnight as grandmother described it as very quick and easy birth and mother claimed she was in labor for many long hours. It is possible that the midwife had a watch and knew the time but she did not write it down. 

What I find amusing is that mother waited two days to tell my biological father of it because she had to regain the strength to clean the house because she knew that he would immediately come over. It is by this that I have sort of three birthdays because my father believed his mother that it was before midnight. My mother believed it was after midnight. My biological father believed it was only the day before he was told of it.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Hibi said:

Yes, fascinating. Goes back to Nostradamus or even earlier?

Earlier!  I won't say since the beginning of time, but, pretty darn close....

(Adam and Eve had other things to worry about)

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, SansFin said:

It is not a concern to me personally as I can never use such a site. There is a quibble about the date of my birth. My mother retired to the upstairs back bedroom as my father was leaving for work one evening. She was attended by my grandmother and a midwife. My father returned from work near dawn and my grandmother, my mother and I were all sound asleep and the midwife had gone. Grandmother and mother disagreed on whether it was before or after midnight as grandmother described it as very quick and easy birth and mother claimed she was in labor for many long hours. It is possible that the midwife had a watch and knew the time but she did not write it down. 

What I find amusing is that mother waited two days to tell my biological father of it because she had to regain the strength to clean the house because she knew that he would immediately come over. It is by this that I have sort of three birthdays because my father believed his mother that it was before midnight. My mother believed it was after midnight. My biological father believed it was only the day before he was told of it.

Wow!  Your beginnings are sort of like a Russian novel!  Very dramatic and compelling!   But I'm sure frustrating for you.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

Well I'm too busy having a life to concern myself with all that kind of crap.  ;) 

Sepiatone

Are you a Scorpio by any chance?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Swithin said:

Yes, I was once told that I had Scorpio rising. 

I have Sun, Saturn, and Pluto in Leo; Moon, Venus, and Uranus in Gemini; Mars and Neptune in Libra; Mercury in Cancer; and Lilith in Pisces; and N Node in Taurus.

Although I know the exact time of my birth from my birth certificate, I was a Caesarean birth. Someone once told me that can affect the chart.

I never knew that about a Caesarean birth.   Thank you for telling me.  I must do more research.

You are better off with that Libra Ascendant.   Although Scorpio rising does have its perks in terms of power (Hitler, Putin, Martha Stewart, Napoleon) but that configuration usually encounters scandal and infamy)

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Wow!  Your beginnings are sort of like a Russian novel!  Very dramatic and compelling!   But I'm sure frustrating for you.

It may seem dramatic and compelling only when told that way. It is truly the story of people who were not concerned with unnecessary details. 'Exact time' is a matter for officious bureaucrats with their documents and certificates. The fact that my mother could think of soon wearing a swimsuit again was much more important.

• Like 2