Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tonight: What's Your Sign?

7 hours ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

I never knew that about a Caesarean birth.   Thank you for telling me.  I must do more research.

You are better off with that Libra Ascendant.   Although Scorpio rising does have its perks in terms of power (Hitler, Putin, Martha Stewart, Napoleon) but that configuration usually encounters scandal and infamy)

I'm not sure there's anything to that comment about Caesarean birth; only that someone once mentioned it to me.

That's quite a quartet you mention. I do share Leo with Napoleon and Martha Stewart (I wonder if she can make napoleons?). Also Mussolini and Bill Clinton. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, SansFin said:

It may seem dramatic and compelling only when told that way. It is truly the story of people who were not concerned with unnecessary details. 'Exact time' is a matter for officious bureaucrats with their documents and certificates. The fact that my mother could think of soon wearing a swimsuit again was much more important.

For more than a few women nowadays, it's having belief of the conception time that's more important than the birth time.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, 37kitties said:

For more than a few women nowadays, it's having belief of the conception time that's more important than the birth time.

Especially before they show up on the MAURY show.  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Haha 1

Give you an easy hint.

My initials are KGM.   But if my first name was MARK or MARTIN it would make my initials a clear indication of my sign.  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Confused 1
On 7/23/2021 at 10:21 PM, Swithin said:

I'm not sure there's anything to that comment about Caesarean birth; only that someone once mentioned it to me.

That's quite a quartet you mention. I do share Leo with Napoleon and Martha Stewart (I wonder if she can make napoleons?). Also Mussolini and Bill Clinton. 

I actually should have mentioned Benito -- didn't realize that he like the others I cited also had Scorpio rising.   (it figures)

(btw Martha never makes anything.  She gets her team to do all the dirty work.  Classic Scorpio rising trait, lol)

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

MOGAMBO again??  (for Scorpio Grace)

Couldn't they have chosen THE COUNTRY GIRL, REAR WINDOW or TO CATCH A THIEF?

the SIGN baloney is just an excuse to re-air their .......uh......."library"

:wacko:

• Haha 2

OMG,  that silly Susan Miller is back again and my eyes are glazing over.   All I need is another podcast commercial to send me over the edge.  Help!

• Haha 4
40 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

According to Jean Arthur,    it was Harry Cohn.

LOL

Evidently according to A LOT of actresses back then, James.

(...and regardless their astrological sign)

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Katie_G said:

OMG,  that silly Susan Miller is back again and my eyes are glazing over.   All I need is another podcast commercial to send me over the edge.  Help!

lol, yes, along with Mimi Pond and Wayne White.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, kingrat said:

Hey, are we still trash talking Scorpios? I'm Scorpio with Scorpio rising, Moon in Cancer.

Yeah well, I'm still waitin' for when the moon is in my seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars.

(...and speakin' o' which...I wonder what Marilyn McCoo's sign is?...always thought she was hot as hell)

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Dargo said:

Yeah well, I'm still waitin' for when the moon is in my seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars.

(...and speakin' o' which...I wonder what Marilyn McCoo's sign is?...always thought she was hot as hell)

She was indeed. And still is! The years have been very kind to her, much more than her hubby Billy Davis.

billy-davis-jr-marilyn-mccoo.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 12:41 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

Yes,  this has to be one of my least favorite themes of all time.    When I first saw that kook talk,  I believed in was a parody.     But no! 

This has to be a new low point for TCM ( after beach movie marathons), lending its platform to promote and validate astrology, which I place in the same waste bucket as phrenology, fortune telling, ouija boards, psychics, mediums, spiritualism, dowsing and the unyielding advocates of a flat (or hollow) earth. It's embarrassing and discouraging to see Alicia Malone sharing a split screen with 'noted astrologer' Susan Miller. (Question: who certifies astrologers and decides whether they are 'noted' or not?)

Like all con games, astrology is a variation of the time-honored tradition of telling people what they want to hear about themselves. It is human nature not to question or doubt someone who is telling you how wonderful you are and how great your future prospects will be ...... for a price, of course. Astrologers who succeed at their con game do so by reading a client's body language to determine what they want to hear, their only real skill, just like psychics and fortune tellers.  Did anyone notice that  the 'noted astrologer' only had superlatives to offer about each of the film stars? No one apparently is ever destined by the heavenly configurations at their time of birth to end up in prison as a serial killer, rapist or child molester. It would be interesting to hear Susan Miller's 'reading' for the executed serial killer Ted Bundy without her knowing the actual identity.  (Full disclosure: I once lived in an apartment across the street from the law school that Ted was attending at the Univ. of Utah, though I don't recall ever meeting him). But I knew people who were acquainted with Ted and every one of them thought he was a fine and charming young man, full of promise. Most sociopaths are like that. Has any 'noted astrologer' ever given a reading that says this person is destined to exhibit sociopathic behavior? I doubt it.

Some have suggested that Alicia Malone seemed uncomfortable with this series, having to share a split screen with a noted astrologer. I don't agree. It seemed to me that she was completely on board with it and may even have promoted that idea with TCM management. So here's a suggestion on how to reach the next TCM low point: why not hold genuine seances before each screening with a 'noted medium' who can contact the spirits of dead actors to gather their 'insider' views on their film roles. After all, the dead should have equal rights to be heard too, shouldn't they?

I shall look forward to attending TCM seances at the next Hollywood festival

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, kingrat said:

Hey, are we still trash talking Scorpios? I'm Scorpio with Scorpio rising, Moon in Cancer.

I bow down to you.   

Because I'm afraid.

LOL

Seriously, every sign has their dark side.

It's just that Scorpios, bless 'em, have more than their fair share!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Dargo said:

..I wonder what Marilyn McCoo's sign is?...always thought she was hot as hell)

Sun and Moon in Libra will tend to effect people that way.

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, Katie_G said:

I wonder what she charges to cast your chart?

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, mr6666 said:

the SIGN baloney is just an excuse to re-air their .......uh......."library"

:wacko:

YUP!

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, JonnyNoir said:

On 7/7/2021 at 12:41 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

Yes,  this has to be one of my least favorite themes of all time.    When I first saw that kook talk,  I believed in was a parody.     But no! 

This has to be a new low point for TCM ( after beach movie marathons), lending its platform to promote and validate astrology, which I place in the same waste bucket as phrenology, fortune telling, ouija boards, psychics, mediums, spiritualism, dowsing and the unyielding advocates of a flat (or hollow) earth. It's embarrassing and discouraging to see Alicia Malone sharing a split screen with 'noted astrologer' Susan Miller. (Question: who certifies astrologers and decides whether they are 'noted' or not?)

Like all con games, astrology is a variation of the time-honored tradition of telling people what they want to hear about themselves. It is human nature not to question or doubt someone who is telling you how wonderful you are and how great your future prospects will be ...... for a price, of course. Astrologers who succeed at their con game do so by reading a client's body language to determine what they want to hear, their only real skill, just like psychics and fortune tellers.  Did anyone notice that  the 'noted astrologer' only had superlatives to offer about each of the film stars? No one apparently is ever destined by the heavenly configurations at their time of birth to end up in prison as a serial killer, rapist or child molester. It would be interesting to hear Susan Miller's 'reading' for the executed serial killer Ted Bundy without her knowing the actual identity.  (Full disclosure: I once lived in an apartment across the street from the law school that Ted was attending at the Univ. of Utah, though I don't recall ever meeting him). But I knew people who were acquainted with Ted and every one of them thought he was a fine and charming young man, full of promise. Most sociopaths are like that. Has any 'noted astrologer' ever given a reading that says this person is destined to exhibit sociopathic behavior? I doubt it.

Some have suggested that Alicia Malone seemed uncomfortable with this series, having to share a split screen with a noted astrologer. I don't agree. It seemed to me that she was completely on board with it and may even have promoted that idea with TCM management. So here's a suggestion on how to reach the next TCM low point: why not hold genuine seances before each screening with a 'noted medium' who can contact the spirits of dead actors to gather their 'insider' views on their film roles. After all, the dead should have equal rights to be heard too, shouldn't they?

I shall look forward to attending TCM seances at the next Hollywood festival

Yes, she never says anything negative (or potentially so) when talking about the stars (unintended pun) and their sign(s). And yes, fortune tellers never seem to predict calamity in your future!

I don't agree that Alicia seemed "with it" about the subject. She seemed to me the opposite, but going along because she had to...