Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tonight: What's Your Sign?

10 hours ago, kingrat said:

Hey, are we still trash talking Scorpios? I'm Scorpio with Scorpio rising, Moon in Cancer.

kingrat, there is a lot of sex appeal with this configuration.

You've got to beat them off with sticks!

Susan Miller, however annoying or superficial she appeared on TCM, is actually very reputable, credible and comprehensive in her chosen field of study.   She unfortunately doesn't "come across" well on-air but trust me, can give one a satisfying and honest chart reading.

I personally don't lump astrology in with fortune telling and the like but that's my own opinion after years of research into this subject.

I respect those of you with differing opinions! 

20 minutes ago, JonnyNoir said:

I truly hope you're right about Alicia's being roped into it. If I can find her at the next TCM festival in L.A. I will try asking her about it.

DO! :D

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Susan Miller, however annoying or superficial she appeared on TCM, is actually very reputable, credible and comprehensive in her chosen field of study.   She unfortunately doesn't "come across" well on-air but trust me, can give one a satisfying and honest chart reading.

I personally don't lump astrology in with fortune telling and the like but that's my own opinion after years of research into this subject.

Do you have any idea what she charges to do a chart? Does she have a website? I should go look. Just curious. I don't think she comes across well on tv.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Sun and Moon in Libra will tend to effect people that way.

So then does this mean Ava Gardner, Hedy Lamarr, Natalie Wood AND every OTHER old movie actress who I always thought was hot as hell all have THEIR "Sun and Moon in Libra" TOO, Bronxie???

(...just tryin' to get a handle on all this here, you understand) ;)

• Haha 1

Bundy has Sun and Moon in Sagittarius, with Leo Rising.

On the surface of course it appears as though nothing could be wrong.

But any expert astrologer would be able to discern the psychopathic leanings.  It is all about the aspects, the houses, the entire chart.    There is nothing simple about a horoscope or its interpretations.

51 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Bronxie: I don't doubt your sincerity but for me the adjectives 'credible' and 'reputable' are oxymorons in the context of astrology. Have you ever asked yourself why the configuration of the zodiac just at the moment of birth determines so many crucial attributes of one's personality and prospects throughout life? When as we all know each person was developing in utero for an average of 9 months prior to the birth event? Why not the moment of conception? Why not everything that occurred in the heavens between conception and delivery?

To me the explanation is completely obvious. The moment of conception is rarely known but the time and day of birth is almost always recorded by the doctor or midwife who attends the delivery. As many legitimate astronomers, such as Carl Sagan, have observed many times, the bodies of the doctors and nurses who attend the birth event have a far greater gravitational influence on on the fetus than even the nearest planet, not to mention the faraway stars. And trying to assess the zodiac over the course of the full 9 months of gestation would be an impossibly complex task, and even today would require use of the world's most powerful supercomputers.

Assigning the birth date as the fulcrum for predicting one's lifetime personality traits and prospects is simple and convenient .... and also completely arbitrary and nonsensical. The only advantage is that it is a known point in time, so astrologers have agreed by consensus to hang everything on the moment of birth despite the obvious biological and cosmological contradictions.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Bundy has Sun and Moon in Sagittarius, with Leo Rising.

On the surface of course it appears as though nothing could be wrong.

But any expert astrologer would be able to discern the psychopathic leanings.  It is all about the aspects, the houses, the entire chart.    There is nothing simple about a horoscope or its interpretations.

Then let's put it to the test. Change the name but submit the birth date and photo to an 'expert astrologer' and let's see if he/she can truly discern sociopathic leanings. I will happily share the cost with any who want to participate in this little truth test.

As I mentioned in a previous reply, astronomers have demonstrated that the doctors and nurses who were in the delivery room when Ted was born had a far greater gravitational influence on him than the Sun, Moon and all the stars.

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Dargo said:

So then does this mean Ava Gardner, Hedy Lamarr, Natalie Wood AND every OTHER old movie actress who I always thought was hot as hell all have THEIR "Sun and Moon in Libra" TOO, Bronxie???

(...just tryin' to get a handle on all this here, you understand) ;)

lol, don't sweat it, Dargo.   Those three ladies have their own astrological allure.   

• Like 2

First post ever on TCM. I love TCM.  I like the films and love the commentators.  I cannot decide which commentator is the best.

BUT I HATE THIS ASTROLOGY JUNK. 

I came here out of frustration and anger over the sickening use of astrology.  I hope Alicia Malone does not buy this, but that would not be enough.  Please get rid of the guest astrologer. 

JonnyNoir, with all respect I'm not here to argue, dispute or sway anyone with my point of view.   Actually I am just as skeptical, curious and amazed as you or anyone on this subject.  Why it seems to "work" still fills me with wonder and yet continued curiosity.   Astrology does seem like a puzzlement that will never truly be "solved".

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

I always thought there were two topics never to be brought up -- religion and politics.  I guess astrology is the third, lol.

LOL

There's actually a fourth one around here too ya know, Bronxie.

(...one is never to bring up the subject of motorcycles in slayton's car thread either)  ;)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
13 minutes ago, 1939 was film high point. said:

First post ever on TCM. I love TCM.  I like the films and love the commentators.  I cannot decide which commentator is the best.

I came here out of frustration and anger over the sickening use of astrology.  I hope Alicia Malone does not buy this, but that would not be enough.  Please get rid of the guest astrologer. 

Same reaction here. I only registered for these forums to express my anger and disappointment that TCM would lend itself to a belief system that has no more crecibility than phrenology or fortune telling. Can't decide for myself if Alicia, whom I have always enjoyed watching, buys into astrology or was roped into this by TCM management (Robert Osborne was apparently a dedicated subscriber to astrology). Some think they could see indications in her body language that she was uncomfortable sharing pre-screening sessions with Susan Miller, but I didn't pick up on that at all.

Maybe I'm not sensitive enough - I hope that's it. I really love hearing her strong Australian accent which doesn't seem to have faded at all after 15 years or more in the US. As another Aussie woman once told me "You can take the girl out of Australia and but you'll never take Australia out of the girl!"

6 minutes ago, Dargo said:

LOL

There's actually a fourth one around here too ya know, Bronxie.

(...one is never to bring up the subject of motorcycles in slayton's car thread either)  ;)

Does that prohibition extend to Chevy Corvette's too? 🤥🙄

35 minutes ago, 1939 was film high point. said:

She's only on this month! Not to worry! (Unless she proves popular and is asked back! LOL)

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Hibi said:

She's only on this month! Not to worry! (Unless she proves popular and is asked back! LOL)

I'm hoping TCM won't think of holding "Seances with the Stars" featuring 'noted mediums'. 

• Haha 1
39 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

I always thought there were two topics never to be brought up -- religion and politics.  I guess astrology is the third, lol.

I thought sex was the third?