Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tonight: What's Your Sign?

13 minutes ago, JonnyNoir said:

Does that prohibition extend to Chevy Corvette's too? 🤥🙄

Nope, Corvettes are okay to mention in it, but slayton prefers that when they are, and like all the submissions into his thread, that the make and model of the car have been seen in a movie somewhere along the way.

1 minute ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Oh God I hope not.

She's created quite a stir! (at least here. LOL).

• Haha 1
51 minutes ago, 1939 was film high point. said:

First post ever on TCM. I love TCM.  I like the films and love the commentators.  I cannot decide which commentator is the best.

BUT I HATE THIS ASTROLOGY JUNK. 

I came here out of frustration and anger over the sickening use of astrology.  I hope Alicia Malone does not buy this, but that would not be enough.  Please get rid of the guest astrologer. 

Welcome 1939.

It certainly wasn't done with any finesse or frankly, thought processes, lol.

1 minute ago, Dargo said:

Nope, Corvettes are okay to mention in it, but slayton prefers that when they are, and like all the submissions into his thread, that the make and model of the car have been seen in a movie somewhere along the way.

So there was a 1978 film starring Mark Hamill (yeah, the Star Wars guy) called "Corvette Summer" which featured a tricked out 1973 second generation Corvette Stingray coupe (converted to right hand drive to Mark could hang out the passenger side window).  Unfortunately, mine is a 2003 5th gen model, so I guess it won't qualify. ☹️

Just now, JonnyNoir said:

Yes, that is the best part of what most film scholars consider to be the worst film ever made, although I personally think

"The Room" is even more deserving of that honor.

Ooh, now I've got to see THE ROOM!

1 minute ago, JonnyNoir said:

So there was a 1978 film starring Mark Hamill (yeah, the Star Wars guy) called "Corvette Summer" which featured a tricked out 1973 second generation Corvette Stingray coupe (converted to right hand drive to Mark could hang out the passenger side window).  Unfortunately, mine is a 2003 5th gen model, so I guess it won't qualify. ☹️

I'm SHOCKED that a Corvette owner and apparent aficionado such as yourself here Jonny would call a 1973 Corvette a "second generation" model, as the C-3's were introduced into the market in 1968. 

(...saaay, you wouldn't be a Libra, would YOU?...they're prone to make mistakes like this, ya know)  ;)

1 hour ago, 1939 was film high point. said:

BUT I HATE THIS ASTROLOGY JUNK. 

"This is the excellent foppery of the world, that,
when we are sick in fortune,--often the surfeit
of our own behavior,--we make guilty of our
disasters the sun, the moon, and the stars: as
if we were villains by necessity; fools by
heavenly compulsion; knaves, thieves, and
treachers, by spherical predominance; drunkards,
liars, and adulterers, by an enforced obedience of
planetary influence; and all that we are evil in,
by a divine thrusting on: an admirable evasion
of whoremaster man, to lay his goatish
disposition to the charge of a star! My
father compounded with my mother under the
dragon's tail; and my nativity was under Ursa
major; so that it follows, I am rough and
lecherous. Tut, I should have been that I am,
had the maidenliest star in the firmament
twinkled on my bastardizing."

The Bard

Edmund (the bastard) in King Lear (I ii)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Ha, ha. That's a really entertaining tongue-in-cheek video. However, I'm still waiting for that single shot cure-all serum, public executions on broadcast t.v. sponsored by my local gas company ("Nothing snuffs 'em better than gas!") and my family physician to be replaced by a more effective genuine African witch doctor.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Dargo said:

I'm SHOCKED that a Corvette owner and apparent aficionado such as yourself here Jonny would call a 1973 Corvette a "second generation" model, as the C-3's were introduced into the market in 1968. 

(...saaay, you wouldn't be a Libra, would YOU?...they're prone to make mistakes like this, ya know)  ;)

Oh the shame of it! I had a momentary lapse and forgot that the first gen 'vette appeared in 1953, not 1963, thus throwing my calculation off by a gen. 3rd gen it is, but mine is still a supercharged 2003 50th anniversary 5th gen - at least, I think it is .... 🙄

Photos available upon request.

16 minutes ago, JonnyNoir said:

Yes, that is the best part of what most film scholars consider to be the worst film ever made, although I personally think

"The Room" is even more deserving of that honor.

4 minutes ago, JonnyNoir said:

Also don't miss that other regular contender for worst ever, "Amazon Women on the Moon".

Never watched The Creeping Terror I take it, eh Jonny???

(...makes either one of these films look like Citizen Kane in comparison)

Just now, JonnyNoir said:

Oh the shame of it! I had a momentary lapse and forgot that the first gen 'vette appeared in 1953, not 1963, thus throwing my calculation off by a gen. 3rd gen it is, but mine is still a supercharged 2003 50th anniversary 5th gen - at least, I think it is .... 🙄

Also, I am not a Libra. I do work on cars if that helps, but I'm really just a stop sign.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, JonnyNoir said:

Find a C-5 in some movie by going here:

IMCDb.org: Cars, bikes, trucks and other vehicles seen in movies and TV series

Then post a pic of that one in slayton's thread:

That's a nice car! - Page 42 - General Discussions - TCM Message Boards

And also one of yours.

(...I'd like to see it...but then again, I hear we Pisces ARE an inquisitive lot, ya know)

13 minutes ago, JonnyNoir said:

Ha, ha. That's a really entertaining tongue-in-cheek video. However, I'm still waiting for that single shot cure-all serum, public executions on broadcast t.v. sponsored by my local gas company ("Nothing snuffs 'em better than gas!") and my family physician to be replaced by a more effective genuine African witch doctor.

My favorite is "You will be able to go to Paris for $50.00 and have a date waiting"

LOL

5 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Never watched The Creeping Terror I take it, eh Jonny???

(...makes either one of these films look like Citizen Kane in comparison)

Gotta admit, you may have me on this one. The terror actually looks like a giant green sex toy, but according to IMDB.com, a much better monster created for the film was stolen just before shooting began, so they used a handy pile of carpets as a substitute. No end to resourceful creativity in that business.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 11:06 PM, Bronxgirl48 said:

Re: "Sweet Jesus, just how desperate is TCM??  Star signs??  Come on now!!!

And I say this as a long-standing amateur astrologer myself.  I am embarrassed!!"

I confirmed the original hardbound of Linda Goodman's SUN SIGNS is in a scene of 'klute', and I'm wondering if you got to see it last night, Bronxgirl48...

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Re: "I did see it, NoShear!

I wonder what sign Bree Daniels was..."

Good!

Scorpio, I'd guess, which I'm confident that I don't need to further elaborate given your astrological knowledge.

5 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Re: "I did see it, NoShear!"

It's presumably already in your library, Bronxgirl48, but on the off chance it's not: It's a fun read!