Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Programming Challenge #45 VOTING THREAD

5 minutes ago, Joe Gillis said:

Gotta go with Overeasy because of his Noir Theme Park.  Wonder if Gloria Grahame works there?

Great idea! Gotta have Dan Duryea selling popcorn

2 hours ago, LonesomePolecat said:

I really wish Dan Duryea and Gloria Grahame had made a film together especially a noir.    

Grahame did make films with Mitchum (2 noirs),  Bogart (1 noir) but for gritty \ noir films she was mostly teamed with Glenn Ford since  both were under contract with Columbia. 

Duryea \ Grahame;  missed opportunity.  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, LonesomePolecat said:

Yes but Dan would have laced the popcorn with arsenic.

• Haha 1

......And the winner is......

DgkW.gif

.....................................the winner is......................

OVEREASY!!!!

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c481d4f25a95c80f6b

QBJp.gif

Congratulations to the winner!

FAz3.gif

Final vote tally:

Overeasy - 3

Stevo - 2

Lydecker - 2

Oneeyeopen - 1

Bunnywhit - 1

Overeasy, you get to revel in glory and host next time. HOORAY!!!

• Like 3

Wow!  What a great thing to wake up too!  Thanks SO MUCH to everyone who participated and who voted.  "You like me, you really like me!"  OK, maybe not, but you did like the schedule!  

I'm thinking that the next TCM Programming Challenge will be this fall sometime.  I want to give everyone time to reset and replenish their movie brains!

This will be my first time hosting and I hope I'm up to the, ah, "challenge..."

OverEasy

• Like 4
13 hours ago, overeasy said:

Wow!  What a great thing to wake up too!  Thanks SO MUCH to everyone who participated and who voted.  "You like me, you really like me!"  OK, maybe not, but you did like the schedule!  

I'm thinking that the next TCM Programming Challenge will be this fall sometime.  I want to give everyone time to reset and replenish their movie brains!

OverEasy

Fall sounds great. I look forward to what you come up with!

Well if all the congratulations are in, that concludes our challenge #45. I want to thank everyone who came out to vote and all 5 of our participants. I had a great time thinking about these cool theme parks!

• Like 2
On 7/22/2021 at 9:14 AM, overeasy said:

Well done Overeasy! A very deserving win! I look forward to seeing what you do with Challenge 46! Congratulations!

On 7/25/2021 at 6:22 PM, LonesomePolecat said:

Well if all the congratulations are in, that concludes our challenge #45. I want to thank everyone who came out to vote and all 5 of our participants. I had a great time thinking about these cool theme parks!

And again, a big thank you to LonesomePolecat for hosting yet another great challenge!

• Thanks 1
On 7/22/2021 at 9:14 AM, overeasy said:

Congrats on your win; I am looking forward to participating in my first programming challenge.

• Like 1

Here's a special shout out to Drewberry.  New contestants are ALWAYS welcome.  I lurked for years for trying my hand at this.  It is indeed a "challenge," but it's a ton of fun as well, and don't forget that you can get started ahead of time -- and just leave enough leeway for whatever whacky challenges I come up with!  Cheers!

• Like 3
On 7/27/2021 at 6:59 PM, overeasy said:

and don't forget that you can get started ahead of time -- and just leave enough leeway for whatever whacky challenges I come up with!

Definitely second that. I have a running file of ideas that I add to whenever I come up with something, so that when it's Challenge Time, I already have a bunch of ideas. Some of those ideas in my file came to me at random times, some were cut from previouis schedules, but some of my best ideas come right after I already posted a schedule when my brain is still going. It sure makes it easier not to start from zero.    :)

• Like 2