Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was only familiar with Milligan from this horror gore exploitation movies- well you have to give some credit to  try to pull off a period set horror with no money.  Milligan became involved in the nascent off-off-Broadway theater movement where he mounted productions of plays by Lord Dunsany and Jean Genet at the Caffe Cino, a small Greenwich Village coffeehouse that served as a hothouse for rising theater talent like Lanford Wilson, Tom Eyen and John Guare. Milligan also became involved with directing low-key theater productions at the La MaMa Experimental Theatre Club. During this period, he operated and designed for a clothing boutique named Ad Lib and used his dressmaking skills to costume many theatrical productions.

• Like 1

TCM Underground has shown Guru, The Mad Monk (1970) twice in the last couple of years. It's preposterous, but I've always wanted to see it because I know one of the leads and  worked with her closely in local theater back in the day. Understandably, she left it off her resume when she played a hauntingly memorable Blanche DuBois. Milligan seems to have been the kind of busy bee who helps keep theater alive, so thanks for the post.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DougieB said:

TCM Underground has shown Guru, The Mad Monk (1970) twice in the last couple of years. It's preposterous, but I've always wanted to see it because I know one of the leads and  worked with her closely in local theater back in the day. Understandably, she left it off her resume when she played a hauntingly memorable Blanche DuBois. Milligan seems to have been the kind of busy bee who helps keep theater alive, so thanks for the post.

His horror films are crazy but he started out making serious black and white gay theme  movies like "Vapors"

• Like 1