Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sorry to hear this. I remember liking Laredo when if aired in syndication in the early 70s. I thought the trio of William Smith, Peter Brown, and Neville Brand looked like a fun bunch of guys to hang with, body builder "Joe" was exactly the kind of guy you'd want beside when things got rough. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No casting director will ever say, "get me a William Smith type", because there is nobody like William Smith. Not now or in any other era of Hollywood films.

If half of the legends he is known for are true, or if the legends about him are half true, he was still incredible. Like if he spoke four languages instead of eight? Could only reverse-curl HALF his own weight? Or if he only had a Bachelors' in Intl Affairs from UCLA instead of a Masters' ? Still awesome!

He was one of the most legit tough guys ever in Hollywood. In most of his fight scenes, you will notice that he usually has no double (who could double a 6'2" 240# bodybuilder in the 60's or 70's?). I would have enjoyed hanging out with him and his LAREDO co-star Neville Brand... or maybe not, those are two dangerous dudes.

In CC AND COMPANY and HAMMER he brawls with Joe Namath and Fred "the Hammer" Williamson, respectively... and in the fight scenes with these pro athletes, he is by far the most athletic.

BTW, he appeared in films for nine (9) decades, who else did that?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, LuckyDan said:

Sorry to hear this. I remember liking Laredo when if aired in syndication in the early 70s. I thought the trio of William Smith, Peter Brown, and Neville Brand looked like a fun bunch of guys to hang with, body builder "Joe" was exactly the kind of guy you'd want beside when things got rough. 

My favorite show when it aired prime time 1965-67 on NBC.  They did look like a fun bunch and it was definitely a mistake to mess with Mr. Smith.  RIP  William, keep heaven free of bad guys should any slip through. 

ROD TAYLOR and WILLIAM SMITH had quite the brawl in the 1970 movie "DARKER THAN AMBER".  Lots of real punches and fighting was going on during that scene! 

• Like 2
On 7/11/2021 at 9:47 PM, LuckyDan said:

Yeah, I remember him from LAREDO too.  Seeing him pop up from time to time in all kind of TV shows(KUNG FU,  and MANNIX once too I think).  Long time another favorite of mine.  Was thrilled when he showed up in that Eastwood flick.

RIP.   

Sepiatone