Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kamala Harris isn't getting any honeymoon

MovieMadness

Kamala Harris isn't getting any honeymoon

Hours after Vice President Kamala Harris snapped at NBC News anchor Lester Holt last month in an interview from Guatemala, she was still showing signs of exasperation with questions about why she was not also going to the U.S.-Mexico border in her role dealing with waves of migrants to the U.S.

"Listen," she said animatedly to reporters who'd accompanied her. "I've been to the border before. I will go again. But when I'm in Guatemala ... I think we should have a conversation about what's going on in Guatemala."

It was the kind of moment that has even supporters questioning her political acumen — underscoring why Harris, nearly six months into her term as a history-making vice president, consistently lags in polls behind President Biden, has failed to get the same honeymoon with voters, draws more critical media coverage and stands as a bigger target for Republicans.

“Just in terms of the public-facing stuff, it hasn’t been a stellar six months,” said David Axelrod, formerly the senior campaign and White House advisor to President Obama.

“You have limited opportunities to play the featured actor," he added. "Mostly, you're playing a supporting role. So if something goes wrong during those limited opportunities, they are magnified.”

Harris ended up going to the border last week, but the controversy over whether she would go provided grist for Democrats who see her flailing in the face of the Republicans' attacks.

The border is a dirty place, with strip clubs and tequila.

• Haha 1

I knew the woman had a bad attitude after she mercilessly disrespected Brett Kavanaugh during his confirmation hearings. her attitude torwards him was very personal and hostile and in so doing she gave away a lot about herself.

her own father last year called her a thrillseeker.

she will be bad news if biden kicks off.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

I knew the woman had a bad attitude after she mercilessly disrespected Brett Kavanaugh during his confirmation hearings. her attitude torwards him was very personal and hostile and in so doing she gave away a lot about herself.

her own father last year called her a thrillseeker.

she will be bad news if biden kicks off.

You mean she showed Kavanaugh for the privileged, infantile, unprepared, angry white buffoon that he is.  It didn’t take much to prod him into his “woe is me” Right Martyr syndrome.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

she is arrogant and short-tempered. if she can't answer a question she laughs.

You mean like the way you like to post a laugh emoji whenever you get a criticism or question you can't/won't answer?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Arturo said:

You mean she showed Kavanaugh for the privileged, infantile, unprepared, angry white buffoon that he is.  It didn’t take much to prod him into his “woe is me” Right Martyr syndrome.

Wake up;   Even the very liberal L.A.  Times has had multiple articles about how Harris is doing poorly as V.P. ,   as well as she wasn't a very good politician to begin  with,  getting where she did via connections (Willie  Brown),  in CA.    Many people in CA have known this for decades.

Hey,  it is very early and Harris can turn things around,   but I question if she has the ability.   There is already talk that Biden will select someone else to be his VP in 2024,  or that Dems will nominate someone else if Biden was drop out or die,  before then.       

22 hours ago, Arturo said:

Even Trump has dumped Kavanagh as a loser who couldn't get hired anywhere.  Meanwhile America is stuck with him for life.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I see Dems  are doing what they always complaint the GOPers do when the topic is about one of their own;   hey,,,,,  don't look here,,,,  look over there! 

Nipkowdisc brought up Kavanagh.  As far as I know he hasn't become a liberal.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

there is of course a truely simple answer...

the b----h just plain ain't likeable.

seriously, to turn off people who work for her in her own office is quite telling.

What Does Nomination Of Kamala Harris For Vice Presidency Mean For Democrats

People who take jobs as staffers in government do so because they are ambitious. If they feel they are working for a politician who is on the way down, they leave. If Harris were ascendant, she could berate her people all she liked and they would take it for the line on their resumés. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...