Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Biden administration reportedly 'running out of ideas'

MovieMadness

After falling short on its Fourth of July goal, the Biden administration is facing "few remaining options" for significantly boosting the COVID-19 vaccination rate in the United States, officials told Politico.

President Biden's administration "is running out of ideas for jumpstarting the pace of coronavirus vaccinations," Politico reported, with officials predicting a "grinding effort" to get more Americans vaccinated that may last months.

"We are under no illusions that each person in this stage will take longer to reach," a senior administration official told Politico. "The first 180 million were much easier than the next 5 million."

The report comes after the Biden administration narrowly fell short on its goal to vaccinate 70 percent of American adults with at least one dose by July 4, as about 67 percent of U.S. adults had received a COVID-19 vaccine dose by then, CBS News reports. Former acting Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Richard Besser told Politico that "we were spoiled in a sense by the early numbers," as they "represented all of this pent-up demand for the vaccine," but "there is a core group in every segment that has lower vaccination rates where there's just not going to be any movement."

The Biden administration is "strategizing over how to manage a nation" where parts of the country will face "periodic outbreaks" of COVID-19, with its expectation being that the vaccination effort will eventually "fade into the background," Politico writes.

They lied all last year about vaccinations and now the people who believed them won't get vaccinated.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

After falling short on its Fourth of July goal, the Biden administration is facing "few remaining options" for significantly boosting the COVID-19 vaccination rate in the United States, officials told Politico.

President Biden's administration "is running out of ideas for jumpstarting the pace of coronavirus vaccinations," Politico reported, with officials predicting a "grinding effort" to get more Americans vaccinated that may last months.

"We are under no illusions that each person in this stage will take longer to reach," a senior administration official told Politico. "The first 180 million were much easier than the next 5 million."

The report comes after the Biden administration narrowly fell short on its goal to vaccinate 70 percent of American adults with at least one dose by July 4, as about 67 percent of U.S. adults had received a COVID-19 vaccine dose by then, CBS News reports. Former acting Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Richard Besser told Politico that "we were spoiled in a sense by the early numbers," as they "represented all of this pent-up demand for the vaccine," but "there is a core group in every segment that has lower vaccination rates where there's just not going to be any movement."

The Biden administration is "strategizing over how to manage a nation" where parts of the country will face "periodic outbreaks" of COVID-19, with its expectation being that the vaccination effort will eventually "fade into the background," Politico writes.

They lied all last year about vaccinations and now the people who believed them won't get vaccinated.

You're correct;   the previous administration lied often since the start of Covid-19.      The Trump admin is the "they" you're referring too right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

So why do the the majority of Americans who refuse to get vaccinated live in states that voted for Trump?

You duck this question every time it is asked of you but simply repeat your lie about Democrat "lies" being responsible for those who don't get vaccinated.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I don't recall any high-level Dem politician who was cyclical about the possible effectiveness of,  or safely of,  any future vaccination.   

I do recall a few high-level GOPers,  like Ron Johnson.  

And as you know, they have an entire right wing network, Fox News that is spreadably dangerous anti-vaccination propaganda morning, noon and night.  Meanwhile Rupert Murdoch jumps the cue in England and gets his shot 3 weeks before the Queen!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TomJH said:

So why do the the majority of Americans who refuse to get vaccinated live in states that voted for Trump?

You duck this question every time it is asked of you but simply repeat your lie about Democrat "lies" being responsible for those who don't get vaccinated....because we're tough fearless badasses. we're ready to eat our own guts and then ask for seconds.

:D

52 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

because we're tough fearless badasses. we're ready to eat our own guts and then ask for seconds

Tough? Fearless? Aren't you the one who said he was afraid of needles?

I believe your exact words were you're "a scared" of them. Did you forget you said that, tough guy?

As for the others who refuse to get a vaccine shot despite what medical science says and the skyrocketing rates in  low vaccinated states, they're just stupid. But their stupidity could cause the development of new variants that the current vaccines can't deal with, thus endangering people who got full vaccination.

• Thanks 2

Nancy Pelosi Says Public Will Doubt Quick Arrival Of COVID-19 Vaccine

For those who never pay attention, here is what Nancy Pelosi said, one of many democrats to lie about the vaccines. So the public doubts it and won't get vaccinated.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MovieMadness said:

For those who never pay attention, here is what Nancy Pelosi said, one of many democrats to lie about the vaccines. So the public doubts it and won't get vaccinated.

She said that in reference to Trump announcing something that had not been approved.

You are master of disinformation, MM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, MovieMadness said:

We've been though this before and you know it. Pelosi was talking about leeriness of any vaccine quickly endorsed by the anti-science Trump administration in anticipation of the 2020 election. Trump's conversation with Bob Woodward on the phone early in the pandemic shows that he was covering up the seriousness of the virus from the public. There is good reason to be cynical of anything promoted by the self serving Trump.

Joe Biden before the election said he would support any vaccine endorsed by Dr. Fauci. But you already know this and you're just playing games with headlines to try to win a point. You're as honest as Donald Trump.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

So far there has been no general adverse reactions except those 1 in a million who may be allergic to the Moderna or Pfizer. Normal with any vaccine.

New FDA warning about the Johnson and Johnson.

FDA adds new warning on Johnson & Johnson vaccine related to rare autoimmune disorder

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/12/johnson-and-johnson-warning/

This will reinforce the doubters unfortunately.... especially women with ovarian cancer linked to the J&J baby powder. (coupled with the blood clot issues, Johnson and Johnson's credibility all shot to hell.)

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

So far there has been no general adverse reactions except those 1 in a million who may be allergic to the Moderna or Pfizer. Normal with any vaccine.

New FDA warning about the Johnson and Johnson.

FDA adds new warning on Johnson & Johnson vaccine related to rare autoimmune disorder

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/12/johnson-and-johnson-warning/

This will reinforce the doubters unfortunately.... especially women with ovarian cancer linked to the J&J baby powder. (Johnson and Johnson's credibility all shot to hell.)

Where did Pelosi lie?    It can not be the quote MM posted of: Public Will Doubt Quick Arrival Of COVID-19 Vaccine.

That comment is a prediction:   a prediction of how the "public" would react.      

It is a sloppy and inarticulate comment;   There is no such concept as "public"  - I.e. a group that thinks and acts as a single entity.    Second the use of "quick arrival" is folly;  I.e. how is "quick" defined?     

So it was a stupid and asinine comment but I don't how one can say it is a lie.

What Pelosi should have said is:   too many in the general public will have doubts about the effectiveness and safety of a vaccine that hasn't gone through the standard testing protocols.     

Like I said before my nephew,  a PHD mathematician and biologist,  was a member of the Pfizer team and he told me all the testing protocols were followed.   His main contribution was writing new math routines that speeded up getting trail results and this helped reduce the testing \ validation time by about 10 to 1.        

23 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Where did Pelosi lie?    It can not be the quote you posted of: Public Will Doubt Quick Arrival Of COVID-19 Vaccine.

That comment is a prediction:   a prediction of how the "public" would react.      

It is a sloppy and inarticulate comment;   There is no such concept as "public"  - I.e. a group that thinks and acts as a single entity.    Second the use of "quick arrival" is folly;  I.e. how is "quick" defined?     

So it was a stupid and asinine comment but I don't how one can say it is a lie.

What Pelosi should have said is:   too many in the general public will have doubts about the effectiveness and safety of a vaccine that hasn't gone through the standard testing protocols.     

Like I said before my nephew,  a PHD mathematician and biologist,  was a member of the Pfizer team and he told me all the testing protocols were followed.   His main contribution was writing new math routines that speeded up getting trail results and this helped reduce the testing \ validation time by about 10 to 1.        

I never said anything about Pelosi only replying to MM comment...

...those who never pay attention, here is what Nancy Pelosi said, one of many democrats to lie about the vaccines. So the public doubts it and won't get vaccinated.

8 minutes ago, hamradio said:

I never said anything about Pelosi only replying to MM comment...

...those who never pay attention, here is what Nancy Pelosi said, one of many democrats to lie about the vaccines. So the public doubts it and won't get vaccinated.

Sorry,   yea it was MM that posted that claim Pelosi lied.    

I mistakenly replied to your reply to MM,  thinking I was replying to what MM wrote.    

• Thanks 1