Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

well, what did you think.  to be truthful I was a little skeptical until about minute 54 but it caught my interest from that minute on.  closed captions don't bother me I watch almost all with CC included.  need a hearing aid but too too vain.   all in all I thought it was a very good movie.

I have an observation and since many of you are most likely old enough to remember Hitchcock  don't you think the ending was typical Hitchcock.    now not so much his motion pictures but his half hour and hour productions called AH presents.  Naturally not all since they were  written by numerous people but so many of his shows ended with this type of weird justice.  I am presently rewatching on Peacock. some are really bad but others very entertaining.  

on a different subject I am so incredibly jealous of Eddie Muller's wardrobe.  Gosh, that man has impeccable  taste and it appears to me every suit is more stunning than the last. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dante said:

well, what did you think.  to be truthful I was a little skeptical until about minute 54 but it caught my interest from that minute on.  closed captions don't bother me I watch almost all with CC included.  need a hearing aid but too too vain.   all in all I thought it was a very good movie.

I have an observation and since many of you are most likely old enough to remember Hitchcock  don't you think the ending was typical Hitchcock.    now not so much his motion pictures but his half hour and hour productions called AH presents.  Naturally not all since they were  written by numerous people but so many of his shows ended with this type of weird justice.  I am presently rewatching on Peacock. some are really bad but others very entertaining.  

on a different subject I am so incredibly jealous of Eddie Muller's wardrobe.  Gosh, that man has impeccable  taste and it appears to me every suit is more stunning than the last. 

I was into the visuals of the film from the start but it took me a while to get into the plot,  but once I did I enjoyed the film.   The ending also reminded me of a Hitchcock T.V. show type ending.     One of the better Spanish language films I have seen so I'm glad Eddie stepped out from the typical Hollywood noir film.  

56 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I was into the visuals of the film from the start but it took me a while to get into the plot,  but once I did I enjoyed the film.   The ending also remined me of a Hitchcock T.V. show type ending.     One of the better Spanish language films I have seen so I'm glad Eddie stepped out from the typical Hollywood noir film.  

yep, kudos to Eddie and  many thanks to the scores, maybe hundreds of good people involved with restoring so many great old and previously thought lost movies.  we who enjoy these movies salute them all.

incidentally and this means almost nothing but I absolutely love the introduction, the visuals and music to noir alley.  it so much reminds me of when I was so very young and walking the streets of my home town.  I absolutely love everything from that time period--even neon.  lol

• Like 1

I enjoyed Los Tallos Amargos, particularly the Expressionistic dream sequence. The story's twists and turns kept me riveted. After believing that I had figured out characters' motivations, and expecting a familiar Noir trope and plot development (Okay, I know where this is going), I was pleasantly surprised when my presumptions were wrong.

Kudos to the Film Noir Foundation for restoring this Argentine gem, in particular, and for searching for, and presenting, World Noir, in general. The FNF, Noir Alley, and NOIR CITY are wise and resourceful in doing so. Can't keep showing the same ol'-same ol' ad infinitum, ad nauseam.

• Like 1