Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Attention all Twumpers

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

This would actually be good news for Trumpers since it would provide an opening for Florida Governor Ron DeSantis to run as the GOP nominee in 2024.

DeSantis is a Trump clone but I believe he has a better chance of beating a Dem in 2024 than Trump has.   

You are probably right.  DeSantis only killed thousands in Florida while Trump took it nationwide.

07/20/2021 21:34:13
TOTAL ESTIMATED U.S. COVID-19 DEATHS: 634,183

Trump Death Clock

Estimated U.S. COVID-19 Deaths Due To POTUS Inaction
In January 2020, the Trump administration was advised that immediate action was required to stop the spread of COVID-19. According to NIAID Director Dr. Anthony Fauci, “there was a lot of pushback” to this advice. President Trump declined to act until March 16th. Experts estimate that, had mitigation measures been implemented one week earlier, 60% of American COVID-19 deaths would have been avoided. (For further reading, click here).
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

I doubt we can build enough insane asylums to hold 100 million people.

In the first place I don't think they number 100 million and in the second place, people are deserting the trumptanic everyday, including members of his own family.

Plus others will be going away intermittently for a number of other reasons.

1 hour ago, Vautrin said:

We're going to need a bigger country.

It looks like people want us to take Cuba back. That'll give us some more room.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

In the first place I don't think they number 100 million and in the second place, people are deserting the trumptanic everyday, including members of his own family.

While there may not be 100 million Trump supporters, 74 million people did vote for him in 2020.  Of course, some would not vote for him again, but if he were to win the Republican nomination, they would vote for him over ANY Democrat.

I too hope that many Trump supporters will go away as voters, but don't count on it.  He has huge influence on what is going on in the nation and in Washington DC.  In addition, there is the fear factor.  95% of elected Republicans at all levels are afraid that if they do not support Trump, they will lose their primary races.  And they are probably correct.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ElCid said:

While there may not be 100 million Trump supporters, 74 million people did vote for him in 2020.  Of course, some would not vote for him again, but if he were to win the Republican nomination, they would vote for him over ANY Democrat.

I too hope that many Trump supporters will go away as voters, but don't count on it.  He has huge influence on what is going on in the nation and in Washington DC.  In addition, there is the fear factor.  95% of elected Republicans at all levels are afraid that if they do not support Trump, they will lose their primary races.  And they are probably correct.

Any sense of normalcy seems to have departed from the United States.  Everyone I speak to in Canada and in England are very worried about the country as a whole.  That people could still embrace such a lunatic after all that we know about him is very troubling.  The Republicans are taking the country down a very dark and dangerous road.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

It looks like people want us to take Cuba back. That'll give us some more room.

I think about one third is a pretty good estimate. All Trumpers are loonies, but not all loonies are

Trumpers. Trump is still holding the GOP close; they are like moths to Donny's flame, hopefully

with the same result.

The conservative columnist Marc Thiessen wrote that Biden should go down to Miami and give a

speech supporting the Cuban people. Yeah, get all those hotheads riled up and then do nothing.

Sounds like a real winner. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

The conservative columnist Marc Thiessen wrote that Biden should go down to Miami and give a

speech supporting the Cuban people. Yeah, get all those hotheads riled up and then do nothing.

It appears Theissen wants Biden to channel Trump;    Get people riled up,   over promises and then under deliver (if deliver anything at all).

Right out of the Trump political playbook,  since hotheads have a short attention span and poor long term memory!

On 7/21/2021 at 4:34 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

It appears Theissen wants Biden to channel Trump;    Get people riled up,   over promises and then under deliver (if deliver anything at all).

Right out of the Trump political playbook,  since hotheads have a short attention span and poor long term memory!

Other than the usual minor complaints about Trump being too undisciplined, he is all in on Trump.

He suggested that if Biden could overthrow the Cuban regime he would be a hero in Florida and

would reap electoral benefits thereby. Perhaps, but I doubt Biden is considering military moves

against Cuba, which is what it would take to get rid of Cuba's current rulers. So all Biden would do

is stir up folks and than get them angry again when he did nothing. In another column Thiessen suggested

that the way to persuade the unvaccinated to get vaccinated was for Biden to invite Donny to the White

House and fawn all over him and then have Trump tell people to get the vaccine. Of course Trump has

told people to get vaccinated and there's nothing stopping him from making a TV appearance urging

people to get vaccinated. But that would mess up Thiessen's goal of blaming Biden for people not

getting the vaccine.

20 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Other than the usual minor complaints about Trump being too undisciplined, he is all in on Trump.

He suggested that if Biden could overthrow the Cuban regime he would be a hero in Florida and

would reap electoral benefits thereby. Perhaps, but I doubt Biden is considering military moves

against Cuba, which is what it would take to get rid of Cuba's current rulers. So all Biden would do

is stir up folks and than get them angry again when he did nothing. In another column Thiessen suggested

that the way to persuade the vaccinated to get vaccinated was for Biden to invite Donny to the White

House and fawn all over him and then have Trump tell people to get the vaccine. Of course Trump has

told people to get vaccinated and there's nothing stopping him from making a TV appearance urging

people to get vaccinated. But that would mess up Thiessen's goal of blaming Biden for people not

getting the vaccine.

There's little Biden can do except support the demonstrators.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/19/politics/cuba-remittances-biden/index.html

"..........I don’t have words to describe the happiness and psychological relief this brought me. Only around tweet No. 50 did I comprehend how mentally oppressive I’ve come to find it to live in a country in which about a quarter of the other people are, for all intents and purposes, members of a cult.

What made the whole thing especially rewarding was using their own modus operandi against them..........

:lol:  :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, hamradio said:

There's little Biden can do except support the demonstrators.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/19/politics/cuba-remittances-biden/index.html

True. Outside of actual military action, which is not in the cards, there's little Biden can do. I

suppose he could squeeze the Cuban economy a little more, but that wouldn't change much. 

China has a worse record on human rights than Cuba, but we seem to be able to live with that.

Then again there aren't that many Chinese-Americans concentrated in one place. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Vautrin said:

I think about one third is a pretty good estimate. All Trumpers are loonies, but not all loonies are

Trumpers. Trump is still holding the GOP close; they are like moths to Donny's flame, hopefully

with the same result.

This would accomplish nothing other than to anger the powers in Cuba.  The Cuban-Americans are Cubans first and Americans second.  They are also locked in to the GOPers pretty firmly.  Would do nothing for Biden, Cubans or America.

14 hours ago, Vautrin said:

that the way to persuade the vaccinated to get vaccinated was for Biden to invite Donny to the White

getting the vaccine.

There is nothing militarily that the US can do about what is happening in Cuba.  Any further embargos, restrictions, etc. will just hurt the Cuban people and have zero effect on the government.

If the US had long ago abandoned its ludicrous embargo against Cuba, things might be different.  The US works closely with Vietnam, China and any number of other despotic dictatorships.  But not Cuba - too scared of the power of the Cuban-Americans, most of whom have never lived in Cuba.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ElCid said:

This would accomplish nothing other than to anger the powers in Cuba.  The Cuban-Americans are Cubans first and Americans second.  They are also locked in to the GOPers pretty firmly.  Would do nothing for Biden, Cubans or America.

There is nothing militarily that the US can do about what is happening in Cuba.  Any further embargos, restrictions, etc. will just hurt the Cuban people and have zero effect on the government.

If the US had long ago abandoned its ludicrous embargo against Cuba, things might be different.  The US works closely with Vietnam, China and any number of other despotic dictatorships.  But not Cuba - too scared of the power of the Cuban-Americans, most of whom have never lived in Cuba.

Lifting the embargo will only strengthen the military and do little for the people. 

https://www.jurist.org/news/2021/07/cuba-president-appeals-to-public-as-dissidents-say-mass-anti-government-protests-about-much-more-than-covid/#

How Obama’s Cuba Deal Is Strengthening Its Military

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/03/cuba-relations-obama-revolutionary-forces-far-116158/

China has developed a capitalist ECONOMY which is benefiting and growing the middle class there.  Long as one obey the law and don't complain about the government, you can do very well.  The Cuban people will never see such.

img393220026.jpg

china-luxury-600.jpg

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

Lifting the embargo will only strengthen the military and do little for the people. 

https://www.jurist.org/news/2021/07/cuba-president-appeals-to-public-as-dissidents-say-mass-anti-government-protests-about-much-more-than-covid/#

How Obama’s Cuba Deal Is Strengthening Its Military

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/03/cuba-relations-obama-revolutionary-forces-far-116158/

China has developed a capitalist ECONOMY which is benefiting and growing the middle class there.  Long as one obey the law and don't complain about the government, you can do very well.  The Cuban people will never see such.

I read the links and they are so biased as to be worthless.

If the embargo did not exist, there would be more economic cooperation between US and Cuba.  The people in Cuba would have access to a wide range of consumer goods, medicines and so forth.  There would be more jobs in Cuba.

As far as how much better Cuba was before Castro, that is a myth created and perpetuated by the Cuban-Americans.  It was good for the corrupt who worked for Batista and his predecessors.  It was good for those very few who were affiliated with Batista and operated businesses, industries and so forth.

Not saying things are good under current regime in Cuba, but they would be better for the people if US normalized relations with Cuba.  Just as we have with dozens of dictatorships far worse.

A major part of the economic growth for Chinese and Vietnamese people is that they now trade with America.  Americans also purchase a lot made in China and Vietnam and the people who make the goods are better off than they were before normalization of relations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ElCid said:

I read the links and they are so biased as to be worthless.

If the embargo did not exist, there would be more economic cooperation between US and Cuba.  The people in Cuba would have access to a wide range of consumer goods, medicines and so forth.  There would be more jobs in Cuba.

As far as how much better Cuba was before Castro, that is a myth created and perpetuated by the Cuban-Americans.  It was good for the corrupt who worked for Batista and his predecessors.  It was good for those very few who were affiliated with Batista and operated businesses, industries and so forth.

Not saying things are good under current regime in Cuba, but they would be better for the people if US normalized relations with Cuba.  Just as we have with dozens of dictatorships far worse.

A major part of the economic growth for Chinese and Vietnamese people is that they now trade with America.  Americans also purchase a lot made in China and Vietnam and the people who make the goods are better off than they were before normalization of relations.

One only need to look at the trade relations between Cuba and the EU.  It's estimated to be about $2.9 billion. The EU's stance is slightly softer than the US but wants reforms as a reward for better trade - Common Position.  So why haven't the average Cuban seen better living standards?  2.9 billion is no small potatoes for that island nation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuba–European_Union_relations

http://www.atlanticcouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Capture2.png

8 hours ago, ElCid said:

A classic case of the tail wagging the dog, basically letting Cuban-Americans have an outsized influence on

relations with Cuba. And it's been obvious for years that the sixty year old embargo doesn't work. I read

that Biden has applied sanctions to some individuals in Cuba, which likely won't mean much, but he can

say he did something. I too doubt this will influence Cuban-Americans in Florida. The GOP will always

out rhetoric the Dems even if they don't do anything either. 

• Thanks 2