Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

'I'm sorry but it's too late' - unvaccinated patients beg for shot

An Alabama physician glumly says she is making "a lot of progress" in encouraging people to vaccinate – as she struggles to keep them alive.

Dr. Brytney Cobia, a hospitalist at Grandview Medical Center in Birmingham, wrote in a recent Facebook post she is treating a lot of young, otherwise healthy people for serious coronavirus infections.

"One of the last things they do before they're intubated is beg me for the vaccine," she wrote. "I hold their hand and tell them that I'm sorry, but it's too late."

In her post, Cobia wrote that, when the patient dies, she hugs their family members and urges them to get vaccinated. She said they cry and tell her they thought the pandemic was a "hoax," or "political," or targeting some other age group or skin color.

"They wish they could go back. But they can't," Cobia wrote. "So they thank me and they go get the vaccine. And I go back to my office, write their death note, and say a small prayer that this loss will save more lives."

They never should have listened to the Democrats lie about the vaccine.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, MovieMadness said:

An Alabama physician glumly says she is making "a lot of progress" in encouraging people to vaccinate – as she struggles to keep them alive.

Dr. Brytney Cobia, a hospitalist at Grandview Medical Center in Birmingham, wrote in a recent Facebook post she is treating a lot of young, otherwise healthy people for serious coronavirus infections.

"One of the last things they do before they're intubated is beg me for the vaccine," she wrote. "I hold their hand and tell them that I'm sorry, but it's too late."

In her post, Cobia wrote that, when the patient dies, she hugs their family members and urges them to get vaccinated. She said they cry and tell her they thought the pandemic was a "hoax," or "political," or targeting some other age group or skin color.

"They wish they could go back. But they can't," Cobia wrote. "So they thank me and they go get the vaccine. And I go back to my office, write their death note, and say a small prayer that this loss will save more lives."

You do know that the majority of those who have not been vaccinated in the USA are Republicans.    So what you're saying is that these Republicans listened to Dems and that is why they are not getting vaccinated.  

You have made more wackily claims than anyone at this forum (even Nipkow),   but this one takes the cake!

I don't see Nipkow blaming Dems for him not getting vaccinated.     At least he owns the decision HE made.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, MovieMadness said:

MM, your philosophy in life is clearly to repeat a lie often enough so that people will start to believe it.

You also continue to hide under a rock whenever you are asked why Republican states have the worst vaccination rates because it makes no sense they would be influenced by anything Democrats did or did not say.

States ranked by percentage of COVID-19 vaccines administered: July 21

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-percentage-of-covid-19-vaccines-administered.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Democrats said last year not to trust the vaccine because of Trump, so people don't. I have already posted them admitting it so it's not like I made this up. Why would anyone think the vaccine targets people based on skin color anyways? That's straight out of the democrats.

PS Let's not forget that the Democrat states were the ones who started to spread this to begin with. The said this was nothing to worry about.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
3 minutes ago, MovieMadness said:

Democrats said last year not to trust the vaccine because of Trump, so people don't. I have already posted them admitting it so it's not like I made this up. Why would anyone think the vaccine targets people based on skin color anyways? That's straight out of the democrats.

Again you lie.  It has been pointed out to you more than once that Democrats said not to trust a vaccine that Trump may announce for political purposes but had not yet been approved by the FDA.

You are not that stupid.  So I must conclude that you are just trolling everyone with outright lies.

But as pointed out to you above, this STILL does not make any sense for Democrats are largely taking the vaccine and Republicans, who certainly don't listen to Democrats are the ones that do not trust it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, MovieMadness said:

WHY IS IT REPUBLICAN STATES THAT HAVE LOW VACCINATION RATES? THOSE ARE THE STATES INFLUENCED BY GOPERS AND RIGHT WING MEDIA.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

You do know that the majority of those who have not been vaccinated in the USA are Republicans.    So what you're saying is that these Republicans listened to Dems and that is why they are not getting vaccinated.  

You have made more wackily claims than anyone at this forum (even Nipkow),   but this one takes the cake!

I don't see Nipkow blaming Dems for him not getting vaccinated.     At least he owns the decision HE made.   

I'm curious how said Republicans got around NOT being vaccinated for schools when they were children and their children as well?  Those shots are MANDATED! (not referring to covid)

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/imz-managers/laws/state-reqs.html

• Thanks 1

What does it say about a poster who doesn't have the guts to answer an inconvenient question about low vaccination rate states but merely comes back to repeat a lie refuted by those vaccination statistics?

It's called

ALTERNATE REALITY

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
46 minutes ago, hamradio said:

I'm curious how said Republicans got around NOT being vaccinated for schools when they were children and their children as well?  Those shots are MANDATED! (not referring to covid)

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/imz-managers/laws/state-reqs.html

The overall topic of vaccinations has just come up in Tennessee.    (The Economist,  July 17th,  The anti-vax delusion).  

Tennessee vaccine dispensers,   asked Dr. Fiscus,  the state official in charge of immunizations if teen had a right to be vaccinated without parental consent.    The official legal advice she received from state lawyers was a 34 year Tennessee Supreme Court ruling that noted that "any sensible 14 year old could request a vaccine on their own accord".    This advised was shared on social media and angry conservatives and the Tennessee Department of Health and accused her of machinating to destroy families and subvert children.       The GOP legislature summoned the state's public health officials to explain why they were "targeting the young and innocent in this reprehensible way"!   

The department vowed to try less hard to vaccinate Tennesseans against Covid-19 and other diseases.   This involves ending all vaccine outreach to teens (not just Covid-19).  Any teen that had received the first shot will no longer be sent a reminder to get their second shot.    The department has stopped sending info about immunizations against measles and meningitis also,  to schools.     Dr. Fiscus was fired when she refused to resign.

These conservatives and republicans are nut jobs.    They don't give a hoot about their own children.     How self-centered can a person,  especially a parent be.    

Hopefully teens will get legal rights and apply for emancipation from insane parents that deny them the right to be vaccinated. 

PS:   I just have to stress: The department vowed to try less hard to vaccinate Tennesseans against Covid-19 and other diseases. 

• Like 1

It's utterly amazing how clueless some of you are, it's like you breath and walk, but that's about it. Young people are the ones avoiding vaccinations, and they largely vote for Democrats. They got marching orders not to trust the vaccines because of Trump. Yes, I have talked to some of them.  For the really clueless living in Canada, try and get out more, it might help.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
33 minutes ago, MovieMadness said:

It's utterly amazing how clueless some of you are, it's like you breath and walk, but that's about it. Young people are the ones avoiding vaccinations, and they largely vote for Democrats. They got marching orders not to trust the vaccines because of Trump. Yes, I have talked to some of them.  For the really clueless living in Canada, try and get out more, it might help.

Here is a link to actual statistics. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccination-demographic

• Thanks 1

There is little evidence of vaccine hesitancy in Canada.   That said, the numbers of young people coming forward to be vaccinated is lagging in Canada as well.  They have heard for the past 18 months that young people are practically exempt from serious outcomes if they get covid.  With that, who can blame them for not jumping to get vaccinated.

Again, MM is talking through his hat.  Democrats do not have a monopoly on the 'youth.'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One thing which haven't changed, YOUNG people think they're invincible.

https://www.uofmhealth.org/health-library/te7261

https://www.fox8live.com/2020/06/22/young-people-covid-why-they-may-think-they-are-invincible/

A lot of young people think they're invincible, but the truth is young people are knuckleheads......Michelle Obama.

True.

Smile, you're on deaths door.

selfie-in-the-car.jpg

What is the point,  I wonder, of relentlessly and tiresomely nagging, scolding, and ridiculing folks who -- for whatever reasons -- aren't vaccinated because they don't want to be vaccinated?

The argument "to be a good citizen -- be a 'patriot' -- and protect the health and welfare of others" falls on deaf ears of misanthropes and antisocial types who don't care about the welfare of others. The idealistic naïveté that Everybody Cares About Everybody I find extremely annoying . . . and childish.

IMO, selfishness is a trait common to both The Vaccinated (who, first and foremost, are interested in their own health and who want life to go back to The Way It Used to Be so they can do the things that they used to do) and The Unvaccinated (for whom personal freedom means more than the general welfare of others).

I am not vaccinated.

Not because I don't believe in vaccinations (I annually get a Flu shot).

Not because I think there is a microchip in the vaccine.

Not because of The Tuskegee Study.

Not because I don't believe in science (I work for a life science company that was actively engaged in trying to develop its own COVID-19 vaccine).

I am not vaccinated because I am waiting for more data -- long-term data. I also am watching all you eager beaver, "first responder" guinea pigs to see what long-term effects the vaccines will have on you.

No amount of pleading, bribing, shaming,  haranguing, insulting, belittling, intimidating, threatening, ostracizing, punishing, leperizing, and guilting is going to persuade or convince me to change my mind until I am ready to change my mind.

Just an FYI . . . .

2 hours ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

What is the point,  I wonder, of relentlessly and tiresomely nagging, scolding, and ridiculing folks who -- for whatever reasons -- aren't vaccinated because they don't want to be vaccinated?

The argument "to be a good citizen -- be a 'patriot' -- and protect the health and welfare of others" falls on deaf ears of misanthropes and antisocial types who don't care about the welfare of others. The idealistic naïveté that Everybody Cares About Everybody I find extremely annoying . . . and childish.

IMO, selfishness is a trait common to both The Vaccinated (who, first and foremost, are interested in their own health and who want life to go back to The Way It Used to Be so they can do the things that they used to do) and The Unvaccinated (for whom personal freedom means more than the general welfare of others).

I am not vaccinated.

Not because I don't believe in science (I work for a life science company that was actively engaged in trying to develop its own COVID-19 vaccine).

I am not vaccinated because I am waiting for more data -- long-term data. I also am watching all you eager beaver, "first responder" guinea pigs to see what long-term effects the vaccines will have on you.

No amount of pleading, bribing, shaming,  haranguing, insulting, belittling, intimidating, threatening, ostracizing, punishing, leperizing, and guilting is going to persuade or convince me to change my mind until I am ready to change my mind.

Just an FYI . . . .

If there is an Ebola,  mutated Avian flu pandemic  (which will the the repeat of the Black death), will you wait for long term data.?  One must weigh risk vs benefit.  NO vaccine is 100% safe, never will be, including childhood vaccines.  There will be rare allergic, other odd 1 in 500,000 reactions.

Moderna , Pfizer-BioNTech mRNA vaccines do not use the virus itself only a section of the RNA code to produce  the protein spikes which attaches to cells (so the virus can do it business of turning said cell into a copying machine.) 

The m in the mRNA  stands for messenger 

mRNA Vaccine  Updated Mar. 4, 2021  What You Need to Know

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html#:~:text=mRNA vaccines have been studied,into an mRNA vaccine.

115547705_covid19_how_vaccines_work_v3-n

Here's some data regarding the latest reaction to the vaccine.  again this is rare and is treatable.

COVID-19 subcommittee of the WHO Global Advisory Committee on Vaccine Safety (GACVS): updated guidance regarding myocarditis and pericarditis reported with COVID-19 mRNA vaccines

https://www.who.int/news/item/09-07-2021-gacvs-guidance-myocarditis-pericarditis-covid-19-mrna-vaccines

• Thanks 2

"And even though I may walk into the room thinking, ‘Okay, this is your fault, you did this to yourself ..."

This is a medical professional speaking? I pray I never find myself in her care.  

That is an odd piece. Reads like a PSA. A little melodramatic. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, hamradio said:

If there is an Ebola,  mutated Avian flu pandemic  (which will the the repeat of the Black death), will you wait for long term data.?  One must weigh risk vs benefit.  NO vaccine is 100% safe, never will be, including childhood vaccines.  There will be rare allergic, other odd 1 in 500,000 reactions . . .

Really a waste of your time, hamradio.

• Sad 2
On 7/21/2021 at 9:45 PM, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

I am not vaccinated.

Just an FYI . . . .

I think the "authorities" made a mistake in pushing the altruism angle. My doctor told me to wear a mask beginning in March 2020, to protect myself. The authorities should have pushed that angle, since, when it comes to life and death issues, most people are more interested in survival than altruism. When the vaccine became available, many people I know felt that being able to get a vaccine was like winning the lottery.

The technology employed in the Covid vaccines is actually not that new: it's about 20 years old. One of my oldest friends, from childhood, won't get the vaccine because he says they don't know the long-term effects. I said to him, you're 71 years old. How much long term is there left for you? 

But I actually agree that they should stop nagging people. If people want to risk their health, that's their business. Even their doctors or close friends are not going to convince people, many of whom may also believe in lasers from space and other conspiracy theories. If variants develop because of the reluctance of the non-vaccinated, the drug companies can develop boosters that deal with the variants, probably pretty quickly.

They talk about herd immunity, a term derived from livestock. I have a friend who says that, considering the numbers of the unvaccinated, maybe culling the herd is a better metaphor.

I have had rheumatoid arthritis all my life and have taken many medications with potential known serious side effects. But I WILL NOT take any of the NSAIDS (Advil, Ibuprofin, Aleve, etc.) because there is evidence that those drugs can have negative effects on heart, the circulatory system, and blood pressure. Those dangers are far greater, and to greater numbers of people, than the Covid vaccine!

• Like 1

EPM I truly hope you do not come down with covid. If you do, will you then be sorry that you didn't get vaccinated and admit you made the wrong decision by not getting vaccinated. Guinea pigs eh, ok so what's your time frame to wait and see if the vaccine causes damage, 1 year, 5 years, 10 years, 25 years what amount of time? Again, I hope you don't get sick. good luck with your plan of waiting, in the meantime at least wear a mask, you're gonna need it.

• Like 1

lavenderblue19,

Hey, thank you for truly hoping.

I always wear a mask when I venture outside my residence. More, I also steadfastly practice "social distancing" (a snap for a recluse such as I!).

I'm doing my part! Unlike irritating, whiny, depressed extroverts -- who are ever so unhappy and suffering and who cannot stand their own company -- unable to restrain themselves from fraternizing and socializing because they oh so desperately need human contact.

Besides not being vaccinated, I also have never been tested for COVID-19.  To date, I am hale and hearty . . . and happy.

So don't hold your breath waiting for me to "come down with covid" and "admit [I] made the wrong decision . . . ."

• Confused 2