Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

'I'm sorry but it's too late' - unvaccinated patients beg for shot

1 hour ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

lavenderblue19,

Hey, thank you for truly hoping.

I always wear a mask when I venture outside my residence. More, I also steadfastly practice "social distancing" (a snap for a recluse such as I!).

I'm doing my part! Unlike irritating, whiny, depressed extroverts -- who are ever so unhappy and suffering and who cannot stand their own company -- unable to restrain themselves from fraternizing and socializing because they oh so desperately need human contact.

Besides not being vaccinated, I also have never been tested for COVID-19.  To date, I am hale and hearty . . . and happy.

So don't hold your breath waiting for me to "come down with covid" and "admit [I] made the wrong decision . . . ."

Btw, if you are health conscious, despite eschewing the vaccine, I hope you don't snort eucalyptus oil, which can be deadly (even when it's spelled incorrectly!).

koaladiet2.jpg

• Haha 2
On 7/21/2021 at 8:29 PM, MovieMadness said:

It's utterly amazing how clueless some of you are, it's like you breath and walk, but that's about it. Young people are the ones avoiding vaccinations, and they largely vote for Democrats. They got marching orders not to trust the vaccines because of Trump. Yes, I have talked to some of them.  For the really clueless living in Canada, try and get out more, it might help.

What exactly is that supposed to mean,  and what exactly is it that you have against Canada, anyway?  You are constantly posting comments and starting threads that criticize Canada.  You'd think it was the most horrible country in the world !  Yes,  Canada has its faults and a lot of shameful history to atone for,  but this country is no worse than yours'.  The United States has mishandled a lot of things themselves.  All countries make mistakes, no government is perfect.  But Canada is a democracy, it is a fully functional state, politically, economically, and culturally.  We value and respect human rights,  and we have free and open elections.  We have a system that takes care of the poor and underprivileged, and we have an abundance of highly -regarded universities and other post-secondary institutions.  I could go on.

I'm getting really tired of all the Canada bashing you engage in here.  Why don't you pick some country like China or Iran or Russia or North Korea, where you'd really have fun criticizing and condemning  things.  Take a break from the Canada-bashing.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, misswonderly3 said:

What exactly is that supposed to mean,  and what exactly is it that you have against Canada, anyway?  You are constantly posting comments and starting threads that criticize Canada.  You'd think it was the most horrible country in the world !  Yes,  Canada has its faults and a lot of shameful history to atone for,  but this country is no worse than yours'.  The United States has mishandled a lot of things themselves.  All countries make mistakes, no government is perfect.  But Canada is a democracy, it is a fully functional state, politically, economically, and culturally.  We value and respect human rights,  and we have free and open elections.  We have a system that takes care of the poor and underprivileged, and we have an abundance of highly -regarded universities and other post-secondary institutions.  I could go on.

I'm getting really tired of all the Canada bashing you engage in here.  Why don't you pick some country like China or Iran or Russia or North Korea, where you'd really have fun criticizing and condemning  things.  Take a break from the Canada-bashing.

I'll stick my neck out and say that criticizing anything Canadian is MM's way at getting back at what he sees as criticism of his own country by Tom and I.

But this is where he goes wrong.  I actually love America and I suspect that Tom does as well.  What I despise with all of its hypocrisy, inequity, cruelty, mysogony, fascism, racism and insanity is Trump's America and all of its kind.  These people even loath their own cities and states of California and New York!

Oh, and lest I forget.  He likes trolling and getting a rise out of people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

I'll stick my neck out and say that criticizing anything Canadian is MM's way at getting back at what he sees as criticism of his own country by Tom and I.

But this is where he goes wrong.  I actually love America and I suspect that Tom does as well.  What I despise with all of its hypocrisy, inequity, cruelty, mysogony, fascism, racism and insanity is Trump's America and all of its kind.  These people even loath their own cities and states of California and New York!

Oh, and lest I forget.  He likes trolling and getting a rise out of people.

You said it, Bogie. I strongly suspect MM's hostility towards Canada is simply based on the fact we, a pair of Canadians, have criticized Trump on these boards. So now he lumps Canada and Canadians in with his partisan political hatreds, along with those who vote Democrat. It's not exactly a nuanced, sophisticated viewpoint he has on the world: criticize something he likes and he'll turn it back on you with attacks on you and your nation. His attitude, in fact, corresponds exactly to that of his lord and master, Donald Trump.

The truth is only an inconvenience for him that gets in the way when he's making a partisan attack so he either ignores it or distorts it to serve his purpose, and that includes attacks on Canada (along with anything he perceives as liberal). The fact that Canada is the U.S.'s biggest trading partner and a long time ally, going right back to WW1 means nothing to him. He attacks Canada almost as much as he attacks Democrat states like California or New York. It is, to put it bluntly, a highly negative, divisive attitude towards life of which MM could care less.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If Canada is being a hypocrite, I post about it so others know. Unfortunately it happens too many times- from pollution, to racism, and the buried children.

Canadians and Americans are more similar than assumed

https://news.ubc.ca/2011/07/07/canadians-and-americans-are-more-similar-than-assumed/

Either side can cross the border and really can't tell the difference.

C23TBLGVBBC43AOZWMWTEIRWYI.jpeg

Trivia...95% of all Canadians lives  close to the US border.

main-qimg-2c86ad127d43c7e1f9a62d2ec8a7b8

Why the U.S. Should Merge With Canada

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/04/why-the-us-should-merge-with-canada-105610/

Here's a part of history few knows about. Really true, not something from The Onion.

Annexation Bill of 1866

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annexation_Bill_of_1866

https://mysteriesofcanada.com/canadian-political-system/us-annexation-treaty/

canadamap1.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=12

• Like 1
On 7/22/2021 at 9:14 AM, Swithin said:

One of my oldest friends, from childhood, won't get the vaccine because he says they don't know the long-term effects. I said to him, you're 71 years old. How much long term is there left for you? 

^^^ LOL!

The biggest problem about this discussion is the "labeling".

Labeling any problem by a group "Dems/Republicans/Canadians/Southerners/Black/White/etc" will always be problematic & raise hackles. Most people's decisions rest upon past experience & expectation which sometimes can be grouped  by statistical facts. Rhetorical example: Menthol Cigarette Consumers are 75% Black, 20% White, 5% Asian.

But this discussion of Covid-19 vaccines has devolved into a "blame game" so prevalent in our media/news recently. Blaming "the others" for all the problems in the world or your life is a 5th graders M.O.

I'm amazed "blaming" has seemingly become acceptable in conversation. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

If Canada is being a hypocrite, I post about it so others know. Unfortunately it happens too many times- from pollution, to racism, and the buried children.

You make it sound as though you are performing a noble public service for the board.

Unlike you, Canadians are the first to acknowledge their checkered racial history. The graves being uncovered of these tragic indigenous children is a national shame which Canadians acknowledge, and they don't have a knee jerk reaction, as you would, by saying "Oh, yeh? Well, what about you?"

Let's face it, MM, you aren't performing any public service by pointing out Canadian hypocrisy. You simply can't stand the thought of anyone, particularly Canadians, who you see as outsiders, criticizing Trump or his supporters or all of the mean spirited ugliness that he represents and to whom he appeals in, unfortunately, a large percentage of Americans. But Canadians have a right to criticize because what happens in America has an impact on them, too, not just economically but socially and culturally, as well.

To see intolerance thriving as never before, largely due to Trump's impact, is both sickening and baffling to many, probably even most, Canadians. Yes, we have our share of intolerance here, as well, but it doesn't thrive in our nation today (despite our terrible treatment of indigenous people in the past) as it does in the United States. Nor do we have the same political divide in our nation (yes, the politics here can get fierce, at times) as we see in the States today.

Look how Canadian politicians of all stripes pulled together during the current pandemic, after a shaky start. All in one direction in Canada, both provincially and federally. No political controversy about masks or vaccines here, though we have our share of anti-vaxxers as well. But, thank God, unlike the U.S., a medical crisis never became a political one. The result? Canada is more than holding its own against covid 19 today, while covid is surging today in many American states, in particular those that voted Republican.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 7/22/2021 at 9:14 AM, Swithin said:

I have had rheumatoid arthritis all my life and have taken many medications with potential known serious side effects. But I WILL NOT take any of the NSAIDS (Advil, Ibuprofin, Aleve, etc.) because there is evidence that those drugs can have negative effects on heart, the circulatory system, and blood pressure. Those dangers are far greater, and to greater numbers of people, than the Covid vaccine!

I have taken prescription NSAID's for many years with no ill effects.  Recently underwent full battery of heart and related tests - excellent.  BP always about 120/70.

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

^^^ LOL!

The biggest problem about this discussion is the "labeling".

Labeling any problem by a group "Dems/Republicans/Canadians/Southerners/Black/White/etc" will always be problematic & raise hackles. Most people's decisions rest upon past experience & expectation which sometimes can be grouped  by statistical facts. Rhetorical example: Menthol Cigarette Consumers are 75% Black, 20% White, 5% Asian.

But this discussion of Covid-19 vaccines has devolved into a "blame game" so prevalent in our media/news recently. Blaming "the others" for all the problems in the world or your life is a 5th graders M.O.

I'm amazed "blaming" has seemingly become acceptable in conversation. 

IMO, folks blame other folks when they are unable to control (important term!) a situation and/or other folks. Regarding the pandemic . . .

From my P.O.V., The Vaccinated are blaming The Unvaccinated because The Unvaccinated won't do what The Vaccinated want them to do -- to wit, they can't have their way.

I firmly believe that the only reason that The Vaccinated are "concerned" about The Unvaccinated is because The Unvaccinated's refusal to do "the right thing" annoyingly inconveniences them and irritatingly impacts their (The Vaccinated's) lives.

"Because of YOU, I:

Must wear a mask!

Can't fly to see my grandkids!

Can't dine out!

Can't attend The Olympics!

Can't go to the movies (and have that "communal experience")!

Can't play Canasta with my gal pals!

Can't get s***-faced with m'buds at a bar!

Can't have a slumber party/birthday party/picnic/starts with an O and rhymes with Georgy*!"

* Censoring? Really, TCM?!

• Confused 3
21 minutes ago, ElCid said:

I have taken prescription NSAID's for many years with no ill effects.  Recently underwent full battery of heart and related tests - excellent.  BP always about 120/70.

One size does not fit all!

=================

A colleague tested positive for COVID-19 two weeks ago. He was "out of the office" (A figure of speech. My employer thankfully permits employees who can work from home to work at home.) for precisely one week. The following week, during a cloud meeting, he reported that he was feeling better (his symptoms were severe headaches and nausea, a nasal swab test revealed his infection).

Punch Line for The Vaccination Police: My colleague was not vaccinated. He refused to get vaccinated. Indeed, he reported that nobody in his immediate family is vaccinated. After having contracted COVID-19, he still refuses to get vaccinated.

Yet, he lives.

The genetic "luck of the draw." Everyone does not have the same experience.

Your post says a lot about you. Who you trying to convince, sounds like you are trying to justify not getting vaccinated to yourself. After reading your posts and your list of reasons that you think those of us who have been vaccinated want others to be vaccinated makes me not care what you do. Don't get vaccinated then, but stop posting your misinformation. BTW, you talk about risks and data, how do you know that those who  do get covid down the line won't suffer damage to their heart and lungs.What you do is no concern of mine., I've been vaccinated, everyone I love has been vaccinated and any reasonable, intelligent person I know has been vaccinated. Hopefully you don't live anywhere near me but your attitude just makes me want to double mask. 

Don't bother to answer, I'm done and I don't care.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

Canada is not hypocritical,  we fully acknowledge and "own" our problematic , shameful history with Indigenous peoples.  We've also acknowledged the problem with other kinds of racism here  ( not just anti-Indigenous ), we're not denying it, we're trying to do something about it.  As for pollution, look in your own backyard.

EDIT:  Tom,  I had not seen your post when I wrote the above.  You said it better than I did.  Thank you.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

One size does not fit all!

=================

A colleague tested positive for COVID-19 two weeks ago. He was "out of the office" (A figure of speech. My employer thankfully permits employees who can work from home to work at home.) for precisely one week. The following week, during a cloud meeting, he reported that he was feeling better (his symptoms were severe headaches and nausea, a nasal swab test revealed his infection).

Punch Line for The Vaccination Police: My colleague was not vaccinated. He refused to get vaccinated. Indeed, he reported that nobody in his immediate family is vaccinated. After having contracted COVID-19, he still refuses to get vaccinated.

Yet, he lives.

The genetic "luck of the draw." Everyone does not have the same experience.

What absolute nonsense.  So one person,  one unvaccinated person,  got covid and survived.  Is that supposed to mean it's ok to get covid19?  Millions of people have contracted the illness and not been so lucky as your acquaintance.  Millions  contracted covid19 and died.  When the vaccines became available,  it was wonderful news,  here was something that would prevent people from dying !  How can you possibly be against that?

And the poster below makes a very valid point,  ie,  many people who have caught covid, become ill from it, and survived,  experience serious health consequences long after the virus has officially left them.  Long -term consequences.

41 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Your post says a lot about you. Who you trying to convince, sounds like you are trying to justify not getting vaccinated to yourself. After reading your posts and your list of reasons that you think those of us who have been vaccinated want others to be vaccinated makes me not care what you do. Don't get vaccinated then, but stop posting your misinformation. BTW, you talk about risks and data, how do you know that those who  do get covid down the line won't suffer damage to their heart and lungs.What you do is no concern of mine., I've been vaccinated, everyone I love has been vaccinated and any reasonable, intelligent person I know has been vaccinated. Hopefully you don't live anywhere near me but your attitude just makes me want to double mask. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Unlike Vaccination pushers, I'm not trying to convince anyone to do anything.

Who's asking you to care about what I do? Not I!

What "misinformation" am I posting?

How do you know that "those who  do get covid down the line" will "suffer damage to their heart and lungs"?

You got that right: what I do is no concern of yours. So why are you upset?

25 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

How do you know that "those who  do get covid down the line" will "suffer damage to their heart and lungs"?

I'm not upset. What you do selfishly is your business.As long as I'm nowhere near you and my kids are nowhere near you. You are part of the problem. not part of the solution to this pandemic.

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

I firmly believe that the only reason that The Vaccinated are "concerned" about The Unvaccinated is because The Unvaccinated's refusal to do "the right thing" annoyingly inconveniences them and irritatingly impacts their (The Vaccinated's) lives.

This sentence is total nonsense for a reason you provided yourself;  one size doesn't fit all.      I.e. the concept of "the only reason" applying to "The Vaccinated" as if ALL of this group think and act as ONE.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

I imagine the poster you're addressing is upset for the same reason I am, which is this:  You say you are "not trying to convince anyone to do anything". You are being disingenuous.  By constantly posting about how you think people in favour of the covid vaccine are "pushing" others to get it, you're perpetuating the idea that there's something wrong with that,  that there must be some reason t to NOT get it.

You are passively suggesting that it's perfectly safe to remain unvaccinated. Not only is that not so, it is selfish.  The more people who choose to get fully vaccinated against covid,  the less the disease will spread.  And also, the less likely it will mutate into other, even more serious forms of the illness.

Also,  it has been fully documented that many, many, survivors of covid 19 experience all kinds of serious medical after-effects from it.  Yes, some come out of it ok, perhaps that will be the case with your colleague.  As you yourself say ,  it's kind of a "luck of the draw" thing.  Why should anyone put themselves and others at risk by refusing something that will keep them and others safe?  You don't make any sense.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, misswonderly3 said:

What absolute nonsense.  So one person,  one unvaccinated person,  got covid and survived.  Is that supposed to mean it's ok to get covid19?  Millions of people have contracted the illness and not been so lucky as your acquaintance.  Millions had contracted covid19 and died.  When the vaccines became available,  it was wonderful news,  here was something that would prevent people from dying !  How can you possible be against that?

And the poster below makes a very valid point,  ie,  many people who have caught covid, become ill from it, and survived,  experience serious health consequences long after the virus has officially left them.  Long -term consequences.

One person got COVID and survived? Talk about absolute nonsense!

Yo, MW3, what about folks who are fully vaccinated contracting COVID-19?

I'm not against people getting vaccinated. I'm against people forcing people to get vaccinated. The Pro-Choice battle cry, I think, applies regarding vaccination:

My body! My choice!*

It's none of my business what people do or don't do regarding vaccination . . . or anything, for that matter.

* And FYI, not everybody who employs that mantra is Republican.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

This sentence is total nonsense for a reason you provided yourself;  one size doesn't fit all.      I.e. the concept of "the only reason" applying to "The Vaccinated" as if ALL of this group think and act as ONE.

Well, it certainly seems that all of The Vaccinated in this discussion certainly think and act as one, jamesjazzguitar.

5 minutes ago, misswonderly3 said:

. . . You say you are "not trying to convince anyone to do anything". You are being disingenuous.  By constantly posting about how you think people in favour of the covid vaccine are "pushing" others to get it, you're perpetuating the idea that there's something wrong with that,  that there must be some reason t to NOT get it.

You are passively suggesting that it's perfectly safe to remain unvaccinated. Not only is that not so, it is selfish.  The more people who chose to get fully vaccinated against covid,  the less the disease will spread.  And also, the less likely it will mutate into other, even more serious forms of the illness.

Also,  it has been fully documented that many, many, survivors of covid 19 experience all kinds of serious medical after-effects from it.  Yes, some come out of it ok, perhaps that will be the case with your colleague.  As you yourself say ,  it's kind of a "luck of the draw" thing.  Why should anyone put themselves and others at risk by refusing something that will keep them and others safe?  You don't make any sense.

And you are being condescending and presumptuous.

If you don't see forcing someone to do something against their will -- no matter how righteous, just, or essential you think the reason is to force them  -- there's no point in explaining it to you. The answer is beyond your comprehension.

Why should anyone put themselves at risk, you ask? That's really none of your concern. Worry about your own life.

Why should anyone put others at risk? If someone doesn't care about others -- and I'm not asserting that is the reason "Anti-Vaxxers" resist or reject vaccination . . .

That is beyond not only your concern but also beyond your power and control.

3 hours ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

IMO, folks blame other folks when they are unable to control (important term!) a situation and/or other folks. Regarding the pandemic . . .

From my P.O.V., The Vaccinated are blaming The Unvaccinated because The Unvaccinated won't do what The Vaccinated want them to do -- to wit, they can't have their way.

"Because of YOU, I:

Must wear a mask!

Can't fly to see my grandkids!

Can't dine out!

Can't attend The Olympics!

Can't go to the movies (and have that "communal experience")!

Can't play Canasta with my gal pals!

Can't get s***-faced with m'buds at a bar!

Can't have a slumber party/birthday party/picnic/starts with an O and rhymes with Georgy*!"

* Censoring? Really, TCM?!

Wrong on every count.  Quite simply the unvaccinated are a danger to the rest of society.  Sadly that is the way this virus works.  Wake up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2