Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

'I'm sorry but it's too late' - unvaccinated patients beg for shot

1 minute ago, Bogie56 said:

Wrong on every count.  Quite simply the unvaccinated are a danger to the rest of society.  Sadly that is the way this virus works.  Wake up.

No argument from me that The Unvaccinated are a danger to society.

My response is, so what are you going to do about it if The Unvaccinated refuse vaccination?

Pass laws to force people to get vaccinated? Paint a "U" (for unvaccinated) on the front doors of The Unvaccinateds' houses? Require papers to prove someone is vaccinated? Round 'em up and send them to vaccination camps?

11 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

No argument from me that The Unvaccinated are a danger to society.

My response is, so what are you going to do about it if The Unvaccinated refuse vaccination?

Pass laws to force people to get vaccinated? Paint a "U" (for unvaccinated) on the front doors of The Unvaccinateds' houses? Require papers to prove someone is vaccinated? Round 'em up and send them to vaccination camps?

All of the above are very good options.

France and Italy are now requiring vaccination passports for restaurants and bars.  Guess what?  More people are deciding to get vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 7/21/2021 at 1:37 PM, MovieMadness said:

'I'm sorry but it's too late' - unvaccinated patients beg for shot

"One of the last things they do before they're intubated is beg me for the vaccine," she wrote. "I hold their hand and tell them that I'm sorry, but it's too late."

Another thing I don't like about this Facebook "doc" post. If you have a patient begging - begging - for something that won't hurt them but might make them feel better psychologically, why not just give it to them? I think most med pros would in such an extreme case. 

I really question this whole thing. Seriously. 

2 hours ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

And you are being condescending and presumptuous.

If you don't see forcing someone to do something against their will -- no matter how righteous, just, or essential you think the reason is to force them  -- there's no point in explaining it to you. The answer is beyond your comprehension.

Why should anyone put themselves at risk, you ask? That's really none of your concern. Worry about your own life.

Why should anyone put others at risk? If someone doesn't care about others -- and I'm not asserting that is the reason "Anti-Vaxxers" resist or reject vaccination . . .

That is beyond not only your concern but also beyond your power and control.

I don't really know why I'm bothering to respond to you again, but anyway...

First,  I do not think people should be "forced" to have the vaccine.  The word "forced"  evokes a mental image of some diabolical white-coated thugs holding down a helpless protesting victim while their sleeve is rolled up and their arm is jabbed.  Straight out of some of the old horror movies often discussed on these boards.

If, however, by "forced",  you mean,  people who work with large numbers of the population,  such as teachers and medical workers,  will not be allowed to continue working unless they are fully vaccinated,  I think that is ok.  Nobody is physically "forcing" them,  they are being given a choice:  if you wish to keep on working , if your work involves close contact with the public,  you should be fully vaccinated.  You don't have to be, nobody's going hold you down and stick that needle in your arm.  You  can walk away,  you just won't be able to work with people,  maybe not work at all. Your choice.

Someone recently posted,  I think on this very thread but I'm not sure,  that if the internet had existed back in the 1950s, when they first started vaccinating children for smallpox,  polio,  and other terrible and often fatal diseases,  many children would have died.  I believe it's through the stupid websites on the internet that crazy ideas about the covid vaccine are spread.  None of this craziness would be going on right now if it weren't for that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

My body! My choice!*

It's none of my business what people do or don't do regarding vaccination . . . or anything, for that matter.

* And FYI, not everybody who employs that mantra is Republican.

Interesting when it comes to..

Vaccinations

eac2fcf1-a3c0-465f-ad51-efdf464560fc-COV

Mask wearing

virus-outbreak-britain.jpg

Abortion

322B52A3-E908-42C4-8560-FAC8EABF4DBC.jpg

What a tangled web we weave, :rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Abortion, unlike Covid, is not contagious. 

Just reflecting on what EPM stated.

Viruses kills both the born and unborn.

Abortion kills the unborn.  

Want to pick and  choose when human life has value?

Charged with MURDER!

https://www.wlbt.com/2021/07/08/man-arrested-assaulting-pregnant-woman-killing-unborn-baby/

Keep on weaving.

(guess all the above should be none of my business)

11 hours ago, misswonderly3 said:

I don't really know why I'm bothering to respond to you again, but anyway...

First,  I do not think people should be "forced" to have the vaccine.  The word "forced"  evokes a mental image of some diabolical white-coated thugs holding down a helpless protesting victim while their sleeve is rolled up and their arm is jabbed.  Straight out of some of the old horror movies often discussed on these boards.

If, however, by "forced",  you mean,  people who work with large numbers of the population,  such as teachers and medical workers,  will not be allowed to continue working unless they are fully vaccinated,  I think that is ok.  Nobody is physically "forcing" them,  they are being given a choice:  if you wish to keep on working , if your work involves close contact with the public,  you should be fully vaccinated.  You don't have to be, nobody's going hold you down and stick that needle in your arm.  You  can walk away,  you just won't be able to work with people,  maybe not work at all. Your choice.

Someone recently posted,  I think on this very thread but I'm not sure,  that if the internet had existed back in the 1950s, when they first started vaccinating children for smallpox,  polio,  and other terrible and often fatal diseases,  many children would have died.  I believe it's through the stupid websites on the internet that crazy ideas about the covid vaccine are spread.  None of this craziness would be going on right now if it weren't for that.

You're responding because you want to express your opinion. You want to be heard. That is what the Internet is for (well, one of the reasons for the Internet). If you're responding because you're trying to win an argument or convince me to change my mind, you're wasting your time.

Spin it anyway you want to, but giving people a choice between either getting vaccinated or losing their income is a "Sophie's Choice," IMO. Just this afternoon on my local NPR affiliate, it was reported that political officials in the very county in which I live are seriously considering requiring local employers to ensure that their employees are vaccinated. No distinction between the public workforce (e.g., educators, healthcare workers) and the private workforce was reported. All employers. All employees.

I eagerly await the lawsuits and court cases that will be filed should county officials be so foolhardy as to try to impose that edict.

I can only speak for myself. I have stated my reason for not getting vaccinated, and the reason has nothing to do with "stupid websites on the internet" spreading crazy ideas. I disagree with your opinion that "none of this craziness would be going on right now if it weren't for [the Internet]." Misinformation on the Internet (and on radio and TV) is only one reason for resistance or hesitancy to getting vaccinated. The Unvaccinated have various reasons for resisting, rejecting, or postponing vaccination -- some utterly crackpot, some entirely sensible and valid.

Do some historical research and you will find that resistance to vaccination has been around long before the existence of the Internet. Understand, I am not advocating, supporting, or championing vaccine resistance, I am merely stating that it is nothing new . . . that it has been around a long time.

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

Just to be fair.  Sorry pro lifers.

https://www.msnbc.com/the-reidout/watch/gop-attacks-on-abortion-access-escalate-as-conservatives-say-my-body-my-choice-for-covid-19-vaccines-117301829616

60cf96be44925.hires.jpg

Still weaving the tangled web........ but still it's none of my business.

You could easily flip the direction of the tail on that speech bubble to the Pro Choice character, and the meaning would still be the same.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

You could easily flip the direction of the tail on that speech bubble to the Pro Choice character, and the meaning would still be the same.

Would make more sense, too, since the anti-vaxxer is a rhetoric appropriator.

Of course, one can be pro-choice and anti-vax, which would also make more sense. 

18 hours ago, hamradio said:

Just reflecting on what EPM stated.

Viruses kills both the born and unborn.

Abortion kills the unborn.  

Want to pick and  choose when human life has value?

Charged with MURDER!

https://www.wlbt.com/2021/07/08/man-arrested-assaulting-pregnant-woman-killing-unborn-baby/

Keep on weaving.

(guess all the above should be none of my business)

An abortion does not kill other people. The unvaccinated could do so. In most cases I would pick the

born over the unborn. I've always thought it was silly to charge someone with murder for the death

of a fetus. Wingnuts were idiotic but they were usually harmless. They are still idiotic but now they

can be harmful.