Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 hour ago, txfilmfan said:

There's nothing inherent in nature that is a "second of time" that I'm aware of.   It's just something that was chosen. 

A second of time would be the same duration by any other name chosen for it.

3 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

NOTE:

Time is a peculiar thing.  An invention by man as for centuries the only concept of time was the passing of the sun overhead and the changing of seasons.  No one could claim for sure what was "early" or "late".  Just routine.  "We'll eat when our shadows are shorter"  Or longer.  Different for everybody.  Arguing which 21st century electronic devices offer "true" accuracy of time is foolhardy.  But we've allowed ourselves to become enslaved by man made time constraints and devices that presume to measure and dictate the length and shortness of periods of existence, so it's no good arguing about it.  

Sepiatone

Humans invented the contemporary conception of time but it's woven into the fabric of the universe.  Basic  Einstein's law of physics time and space are interwoven and can not be separated.

Time haven't changed only the more accurate measurement thereof.  Without time, the universe couldn't exist - everything be frozen to a singular moment at the very beginning. The moment of creation / everything coming into existence created time.

What's hard for our minds to comprehend is before the beginning ( whatever  you want call it) not even empty space existed.

I try not to think about it, my head will implode. 

• Haha 1

I have often thought of that conundrum of not even empty space existing...I ask myself what would totally nothing look like?

the best I can come up with is a bright whitish gray like a crt screen without any picture that engulfs everywhere.

:D

3 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

I have often thought of that conundrum of not even empty space existing...I ask myself what would totally nothing look like?

the best I can come up with is a bright whitish gray like a crt screen without any picture that engulfs everywhere.

Have you ever had a MRI brain scan?  That might give you a clue.

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

For the nothingness to "look like" anything, there would have to be light, which is a thing. So it would be a black  CRT. With a black cabinet. On a black desk. 

12 minutes ago, LuckyDan said:

For the nothingness to "look like" anything, there would have to be light, which is a thing. So it would be a black  CRT. With a black cabinet. On a black desk. 

total black...that's gotta be it.

35 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

Are you referring to the grey noise on the old TV sets?  That is the cosmic background radiation which is the remnant of the beginning. Nothing would be ABSOLUTE quite with no image and no TV to present the nothing.

retro-tv_television_static_bad-reception

Quite interesting to know what happens if one tries to pass the surface of everything ?  (uh nothing or you hit a barrier? :huh:

(God using kid gloves?? ;))

il_570xN.2083792884_98x1.jpg

19 hours ago, hamradio said:

Humans invented the contemporary conception of time but it's woven into the fabric of the universe.  Basic  Einstein's law of physics time and space are interwoven and can not be separated.

Time haven't changed only the more accurate measurement thereof.  Without time, the universe couldn't exist - everything be frozen to a singular moment at the very beginning. The moment of creation / everything coming into existence created time.

What's hard for our minds to comprehend is before the beginning ( whatever  you want call it) not even empty space existed.

I try not to think about it, my head will implode. 

What's hard for our minds to comprehend is non existence.    Man (including Einstein) can at best only presume to know what's true.   And/or have faith in their beliefs(or non beliefs).  In this type of discussion it's possible to suggest everyone is wrong, and there might be a possibility that no one has yet to think of or consider.  So, anything could be possible. 

Two weeks after my Mother died, I dreamed I came upon her at a carnival. (no doubt maybe, a subconscious manifestation) She was sitting on the steps of a food concession's wagon.  Sitting down next to her, the steps suddenly became a bench on the terrace of what resembled an industrial comples, with the surrounding buildings having large picture windows with the silhouettes of people looking at us.  At which point I asked her in a jovial voice(trying to make the encounter light hearted) how things were "up there", and chuckling, then said, "or...."  while pointing downward,  to which she replied, "There IS no up or down.  There's just 'there'  ".   Brought to mind what my Grandmother said when(on her 80th birthday) I asked her  how it felt becoming 80 years old.

She answered,  "Oh, I'm tired." And then smiling, said, "I want to go HOME."  Which is a similar concept. No "up or down" , Heaven or Hell, just "Home".   Which is why I really liked this tune, which I always liked, but started liking more after what Grandma said and what my Mom said in that dream.  

Sepiatone

• 2 weeks later...

So where did the high density high temperature initial state came from?

What happened before the pico - second of cosmic time?  If there were time, what happened 1,000,000,000,000 years ago?

Where did the quantum fluctuations came from?

So if there were repeated inflation / deflations, where did the first inflation came from...something came from nothing? If alternate bubble universes exist, where did they first came from.?

Back to square 1.

The cover of the Youtube clip is of a black hole, the guy is about to get some very l-o-n-g arms. 

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

You might as well ask an ant why he doesn't have the answers to these questions.

But at east we have the ability to ponder these mysteries and to try to seek answers,

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hamradio said:

What happened before the pico - second of cosmic time?  If there were time, what happened 1,000,000,000,000 years ago?

Where did the quantum fluctuations came from?

So if there were repeated inflation / deflations, where did the first inflation came from...something came from nothing? If alternate bubble universes exist, where did they first came from.?

Back to square 1.

The cover of the Youtube clip is of a black hole, the guy is about to get some very l-o-n-g arms. 

Ok,  some "god" created the initial spark.   He died on the toilet like Elvis,  and thus no "god" exist today.

• Haha 1

God will make himself known to a disbelieving world in his time not ours.

for the Lord God works in mysterious ways his wonders to perform.

for the Lord God sayeth 'my ways are not your ways MY THOUGHTS ARE NOT YOUR THOUGHTS.'

• Like 1

and to all the naysayers and doubters it says in the bible that God is not willing that any should perish.

so be thankful that your creator is a merciful God who wishes to save even those who delight in their foolish hostility torwards him.

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can see where this is leading, placing in outlandish theories where the ultimate question can't be answered.

An everlasting inflating / deflating universe will solve their dilemma.

So must had been MAGIC the universe manifested, getting everything from nothing.

tumblr_mnlu9sEyMy1qau6fdo1_500.gif

• Like 1
On 8/1/2021 at 12:17 PM, Bogie56 said:

Have you ever had a MRI brain scan?  That might give you a clue.

Haha, I've had several through the years and DO have an enormous empty space right behind my face - my huge sinuses! (brain is squished in the back)

sam was so sweet knuckling under to darrin and making a good faith effort to not twitch her cute nose.

tumblr_mnlu9sEyMy1qau6fdo1_500.gif

darrin is very lucky he never got sam real mad because she coulda shrunk him down to doll size and stepped on the little tyrant at any time...

"sam!...what are you doing? no sam!...SAM!!! NOOO!!! AAAAHHHHH!!!!!

11 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

and to all the naysayers and doubters it says in the bible that God is not willing that any should perish.

so be thankful that your creator is a merciful God who wishes to save even those who delight in their foolish hostility torwards him.

:)

If he saved me from you I would be thankful.

• Haha 2

I've noticed that she doesn't really twitch her nose. She mostly twitches her mouth and the nose

sort of goes along. What a disillusionment. 

On 8/10/2021 at 6:42 PM, hamradio said:

Time literally did not exist. The laws of physics didn't exist. Nothing existed. That is why I never got the part from Genesis where it says "God did this on the first day and this on the second day." How did the days even exist before the Sun and Moon? 

6 minutes ago, Sukhov said:

Time literally did not exist. The laws of physics didn't exist. Nothing existed. That is why I never got the part from Genesis where it says "God did this on the first day and this on the second day." How did the days even exist before the Sun and Moon? 

Again what is a day to God?

41 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Again what is a day to God?

A day is one rotation of the Earth in 24 hours from the rising of the sun to the setting of the moon. Any other definition is useless as it doesn't go by that scientific definition.