Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

On 7/31/2021 at 1:52 PM, hamradio said:

Without time, the universe couldn't exist - everything be frozen to a singular moment at the very beginning.

 

It would exist. That frozen, singular moment would be the Eternal Present.

Gurus and spiritual teachers affirm that this can be experienced by a human being. Some call it experiencing God. Other call it experiencing Pure Being. It is the highest State of Consciousness. You give up Time. You are in the Eternal Present.

woo-hoo !

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, laffite said:

It would exist. That frozen, singular moment would be the Eternal Present.

Gurus and spiritual teachers affirm that this can be experienced by a human being. Some call it experiencing God. Other call it experiencing Pure Being. It is the highest State of Consciousness. You give up Time. You are in the Eternal Present.

woo-hoo !

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhrw8Q3SWO90R981Rn7Hs

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hamradio said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhrw8Q3SWO90R981Rn7Hs

I don't quite understand the image though I get the general drift.

The thread here is about the Existence of God. I have just

shown you what it is and you send me funny pictures.

:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, laffite said:

I don't quite understand the image though I get the general drift.

The thread here is about the Existence of God. I have just

shown you what it is and you send me funny pictures.

:lol:

Of course he would ridicule anything other than his own Christian God - which is only another idea.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Religious folks:  other religion's myths are myths,   my myths are truths.

What clowns.

 

Funny how you and others got bent out of shape over  Immaculate Conception as if those words are totally taboo!

POT seems to adhere to her Catholic beliefs until it comes to the unborn / the precious womb over God's gift of life!! In other words pick and choose what religious laws to obey! :angry:

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, laffite said:

I don't quite understand the image though I get the general drift.

The thread here is about the Existence of God. I have just

shown you what it is and you send me funny pictures.

:lol:

You mentioned the gurus and "spiritual teacher" where some are known to use LSD to get to that other plane of reality. 

That was the image of someone going on a "trip".  :lol:

MV5BMzc0N2YxMjMtNjNjYi00Njc0LTg1OWMtNDdh

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hamradio said:

You mentioned the gurus and "spiritual teacher" where some are known to use LSD to get to that other plane of reality.

Drugging is of course "cheating" and no true man of the Spirit would consider that as transcendental. Because there are "some" like that, doesn't refute anything. Obviously I wasn't referring to those. You come across as wanting to ridicule or discredit something you don't like or don't understand.

Link to post
Share on other sites

who is to say that God has not made his truths known by some written avenue like the bible. he leaves the discernment to those mortal minds open to seeking  it.

for many are called but few are chosen.

is it his fault that some of you are on call waiting?

:D

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hamradio said:

Funny how you and others got bent out of shape over  Immaculate Conception as if those words are totally taboo!

POT seems to adhere to her Catholic beliefs until it comes to the unborn / the precious womb over God's gift of life!! In other words pick and choose what religious laws to obey! :angry:

Not bent out of shape at all.  Just trying to clear up misunderstandings.  It's a common one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

Not bent out of shape at all.  Just trying to clear up misunderstandings.  It's a common one.

I was only joking about the image in my mind of Alfred Hitchcock having sex, before the thread  didn't know he had a kid.  Had no idea someone would freak out over it! The problem started there instead of simply leaving a sad emoji response.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

who is to say that God has not made his truths known by some written avenue like the bible. he leaves the discernment to those mortal minds open to seeking  it.

The Bible is just one of the many explanations found within the seething cauldron of improbabilities.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, laffite said:

It would exist. That frozen, singular moment would be the Eternal Present.

Gurus and spiritual teachers affirm that this can be experienced by a human being. Some call it experiencing God. Other call it experiencing Pure Being. It is the highest State of Consciousness. You give up Time. You are in the Eternal Present.

woo-hoo !

 

That was what Parmenides said; That everything is the indivisble one and life is merely illusory.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sukhov said:

That was what Parmenides said; That everything is the indivisible one and life is merely illusory.

Time to sing "Row Row Your Boat"? ;)

Row, row, row your boat 
Gently down the stream 
Merrily merrily, merrily, merrily 
Life is but a dream

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFUhpFpV1y3gxF6uYbUAf

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been thinking lately about the Great Night of Brahma. 

I studied Theology formally for at least a decade. One of the scholars I admired was R.C. Zaehner, who was Spaulding Professor of Eastern Religions and Ethics at Oxford,  Here's a brief quote about the Night of Brahma from one of Zaehner's books.

"For the Hindus the world was not created once for all nor was there any end to it: from all eternity it had been recreating itself and dissolving back into its unformed and 'unmanifest' condition, and these periods of evolution and devolution were called days and night of Brahma. Each day and each night of Brahma lasts one thousand years of the gods, and each year of the gods corresponds to twelve thousand years of men. Thus every day of Brahma which sees the emanation of the universe from the divine substance and its dissolution back into it lasts twelve million years, and for twelve million more -- the night of Brahma -- all remains absorbed in the One Brahman in a state of our potentiality waiting to be once more actualized."

So the point of the above is, perhaps we don't need to worry about climate change. It may be part of the natural order that will lead us into the Night of Brahma, after which it will all become actualized again.  That concept sort of fits with science, stories of floods, disappearance of the dinosaurs, etc.

Or to put it in movie terms:

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

For years the local paper ran Billy Graham's column. Even after he died a few years ago they still ran

it and still do. Now there are questions to him about Covid 19, even though Billy died two years before

Covid. By some miracle he still answers questions about things that occurred after his death.  It's also

always fun when he warns his readers about psychics, fortune tellers, palm readers, astrologers and

all those people who indulge in such supernatural nonsense. Er.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2021 at 11:42 PM, Vautrin said:

For years the local paper ran Billy Graham's column. Even after he died a few years ago they still ran

it and still do. Now there are questions to him about Covid 19, even though Billy died two years before

Covid. By some miracle he still answers questions about things that occurred after his death.  It's also

always fun when he warns his readers about psychics, fortune tellers, palm readers, astrologers and

all those people who indulge in such supernatural nonsense. Er.....

the bible warns us to avoid the occult like such things as necromancy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

the bible warns us to avoid the occult like such things as necromancy.

You need the Bible to warn you off necromancy?  :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

the bible warns us to avoid the occult like such things as necromancy.

I realize that, but most religions have some occult practices in their beliefs. That's why it's so funny having

a practitioner of a religion warning others about occult practices.  

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2021 at 11:42 PM, Vautrin said:

For years the local paper ran Billy Graham's column. Even after he died a few years ago they still ran

it and still do. Now there are questions to him about Covid 19, even though Billy died two years before

Covid. By some miracle he still answers questions about things that occurred after his death.  It's also

always fun when he warns his readers about psychics, fortune tellers, palm readers, astrologers and

all those people who indulge in such supernatural nonsense. Er.....

From Citizen Times... Who wrote Billy Graham's 'My Answer' column?

"In recent years, a team of assistants have helped the Rev. Graham with the 'My Answer' column, drawing the response material from his extensive writing and preaching ministry spanning nearly seven decades," said Graham's longtime spokesman, A. Larry Ross. "Periodically in those columns, there is a disclaimer to that effect." Because the column is written from Graham's own material, "it is his answer, in his voice and in his words," Ross said. So, the "bearing false witness" charge does not apply "in any way."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Billy Graham’s last column: ‘By the time you read this, I will be in heaven’

https://www.fayobserver.com/news/20180221/billy-grahams-last-column-by-time-you-read-this-i-will-be-in-heaven

Excerpt...I’m sure I’ve failed in many ways, but I take comfort in Christ’s promise of forgiveness, and I take comfort also in God’s ability to take even our most imperfect efforts and use them for His glory.

 

Graham admitted he's only human and like the rest of us, did have failings.

Link to post
Share on other sites

“Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as the final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God.
The argument goes something like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist,'" says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But," says Man, "The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.”

― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...