Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

5 hours ago, hamradio said:

From Citizen Times... Who wrote Billy Graham's 'My Answer' column?

"In recent years, a team of assistants have helped the Rev. Graham with the 'My Answer' column, drawing the response material from his extensive writing and preaching ministry spanning nearly seven decades," said Graham's longtime spokesman, A. Larry Ross. "Periodically in those columns, there is a disclaimer to that effect." Because the column is written from Graham's own material, "it is his answer, in his voice and in his words," Ross said. So, the "bearing false witness" charge does not apply "in any way."

The column in my paper doesn't really have a title just a subhead From the Writings of the Rev. Billy Graham.

Yeah we kind of figured that out.  I presume that when there is a question about Covid whoever is now responsible

for the column just selects the most appropriate response from the writings of Billy Graham. Another perennial

question is what can we do today because the U.S. or the world is such a sinful, licentious, disgusting, violent place.

I don't know, move to the south of France?

• Haha 1

It should be noted that King Saul contacted a medium that allowed the spirit of Samuel to visit him. I don't think opposition to fortune tellers and mediums was an original Christian teaching but a remnant of the middle ages and the push to destroy Pagans in Europe.

• Like 1

suppose atheists and agnostics are completely wrong about God not existing. I would ask them just how they would expect him to regard the failure of their basic human intuition to perceive his existence?

would they try to justify their failure by insisting to him that given earthly conditions of human civilization that it was not reasonable for God to expect them to perceive his existence?

And he will respond with the assertion that their conclusion was far from objective or intellectually honest because he will say it was based on personal bias and a desire NOT to recognize him.

:)

The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it 

For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will.

For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God’s law; indeed, it cannot.

8 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

suppose atheists and agnostics are completely wrong about God not existing. I would ask them just how they would expect him to regard the failure of their basic human intuition to perceive his existence?

would they try to justify their failure by insisting to him that given earthly conditions of human civilization that it was not reasonable for God to expect them to perceive his existence?

And he will respond with the assertion that their conclusion was far from objective or intellectually honest because he will say it was based on personal bias and a desire NOT to recognize him.

You make God sound like an egomaniac politician, i.e. vote for me, give me contributions, and I will reward you with a job, or with salvation. There's gotta be something better than that!

1 hour ago, Swithin said:

You make God sound like an egomaniac politician, i.e. vote for me, give me contributions, and I will reward you with a job, or with salvation. There's gotta be something better than that!

Says you. For all you know, God is exactly like that.

4 hours ago, Swithin said:

and that is a flawed human assumption. look at it this way. we are incapable of seeing 90% of the visible light spectrum...perhaps we might be just as blind perceiving truths about God.

if an object lies hidden behind a false wall and the person seeing it does not recognize the wall is false, what does the person assume?

answer: that there is nothing there.

10 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

and that is a flawed human assumption. look at it this way. we are incapable of seeing 90% of the visible light spectrum...perhaps we might be just as blind perceiving truths about God.

if an object lies hidden behind a false wall and the person seeing it does not recognize the wall is false, what does the person assume?

answer: that there is nothing there.

It shouldn't matter whether we perceive the truths or not. Actually, the most advanced Catholic theology posits that, at the point of death, the mind/soul accepts God. You can find that to some extent in the teachings of Karl Rahner and Jacques Maritain. That also relates to the concept of implicit Christianity. Although I don't buy it, it's interesting.

3 hours ago, Swithin said:

It shouldn't matter whether we perceive the truths or not. Actually, the most advanced Catholic theology posits that, at the point of death, the mind/soul accepts God. You can find that to some extent in the teachings of Karl Rahner and Jacques Maritain. That also relates to the concept of implicit Christianity. Although I don't buy it, it's interesting.

Name dropper.