Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SoCal man, 34, who mocked vaccines dies of COVID

MovieMadness

SoCal man, 34, who mocked vaccines dies of COVID

A Southern California man in his 30s who openly mocked vaccines in social media posts has died after a hospitalization for COVID-19.

Stephen Harmon had joked about the vaccine and declared he would never get one, tweeting modified Jay-Z lyrics "I got 99 problems but a vax ain't one."

Even in his hospital bed, he remained defiant, declaring on Instagram "... I will not be getting vaccinated once I am discharged and released."

Case numbers are skyrocketing once again, as the more-contagious Delta variant takes hold - and after the state lifted restrictions last month on business capacity and distancing.

On Friday, Los Angeles County reported more than 3,000 new COVID-19 cases - roughly 15 times the number seen just a month ago. The county has reported more than 10,000 new cases in just the last four days.

Hospitalizations and deaths are increasing as well, though not as sharply as the infection numbers.

As of Friday, there are 655 COVID-19 patients in Los Angeles County hospitals, an increase of 200 from the week before. There were seven additional deaths reported Friday.

This guy never should have listened to democrats and taken the virus seriously, now we have another major outbreak. The scary part is this is happening in Summer, when these things should not be spreading.

• Haha 1

It appears he was a religious wing nut who put all of his faith in God to protect him.

Three days before his death, Harmon tweeted: “If you don’t have faith that God can heal me over your stupid ventilator then keep the Hell out of my ICU room, there’s no room in here for fear or lack of faith!”

• Haha 2

Harmon forgot the passage....Do not put thy lord God to the test.

There is a treatment called vaccine.  You can't stand on a railroad track and pray a train won't hit you.

Now he has problem 100,  next of kin planning his funeral.

10906585_072321-kabc-3pm-wn-unvaccinated

Sheriff's Deputy Who Posted Anti-Vaccine Content Dies of COVID

https://www.newsweek.com/sheriffs-deputy-who-posted-anti-vaccine-content-dies-covid-daniel-trujillo-1595735

Excerpt..."All who know Daniel can describe him as a light hearted, loving, hard working man who deeply cared for his family,"

If he cared for his family, would had taken precautions to see he will be around to provide for them!

https://news.yahoo.com/anti-vaxxer-sheriffs-deputy-dies-120803899.html

098e5ff5b3b7a6b8c004a4130b48ffe4

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/24/2021 at 11:01 AM, MovieMadness said:

This guy never should have listened to democrats and taken the virus seriously

Movie Madness posted this because

A. He has a political agenda

or

B. He posts nothing but the truth

I pick A.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TomJH said:

Movie Madness posed this because

A. He has a political agenda

or

B. He posts nothing but the truth

I pick A.

Note that MM blames the Democrats for all this, when everybody in the world knows it is the Republicans who are to blame.  Especially Trump.

The Democrats told people to get the vaccine.

Another example of where MM posts something and then makes a statement that is totally contradictory to what he posted.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, ElCid said:

Note that MM blames the Democrats for all this, when everybody in the world knows it is the Republicans who are to blame.  Especially Trump.

The Democrats told people to get the vaccine.

Another example of where MM posts something and then makes a statement that is totally contradictory to what he posted.

At least he didn't blame the "defunding the police" people.  

Sepiatone

• Haha 3

On 7/24/2021 at 11:01 AM, MovieMadness said:

This guy never should have listened to democrats and taken the virus seriously, now we have another major outbreak.

So how come it's FOX viewers, as opposed to those of CNN and the three networks, that are the most reluctant to get the vaccine if it's Democrat "lies" that are responsible for the covid surge, MM?

Yet another question, ladies and gentleman, that MM will duck because any answer is inconvenient for the alternate reality in which he exists. (Either that or he's just a partisan liar trying his best to distract from the truth).

BtpGLHdx_bigger.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here in CA,   some Dem politicians of color were vocal about NOT getting vaccinated,  because it could be another government plot against them.

YES!!!!  MM is being political,   by claiming "Dems lied",    but there is a degree of truth there, as it relates to Dem people of color in major cities with a high percentage of people-of-color;    Fear of decades old treatment by the government making them paranoid.   Also the millions upon millions of illegal immigrants are also more likely to be unvaccinated then citizens. 

If you get the L.A. Times everyday,    you would realize these facts.     Again,  L.A. doesn't have many Trumpers or members of the GOP;  the issues in So Cal can't be blamed on them to the degree they can be in red-states.

So stop you're stupid partisan battles there is blame all around for why people are not getting vaccinated.        

• Confused 1

Despite the facts( many white people getting vaccinated which begs the question of how getting the same vaccine would be a "plot" against people of color) of many people of color working hard to persuade  other people of color to get vaccinated, one would wonder why, in LA, there's such a difference in conception of the idea of vaccination.

To be sure, there are many from every corner of the country who have seemingly questionable reasons for refusing to get vaccinated.  From political to religious and any other insipid reasoning you can think of.  And some will vehemently  resist masking at work while never previously resisting and protesting any other dress code requirements made by their employers.  In the plants I worked it was routine for some to get "written up", sent home or endure other disciplinary actions for not wearing required footwear or eye wear due to not wearing them causing a safety hazard.  I don't see, in these current circumstances, why the wearing of a mask is such a problem.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Despite the facts( many white people getting vaccinated which begs the question of how getting the same vaccine would be a "plot" against people of color) of many people of color working hard to persuade  other people of color to get vaccinated, one would wonder why, in LA, there's such a difference in conception of the idea of vaccination.

To be sure, there are many from every corner of the country who have seemingly questionable reasons for refusing to get vaccinated.  From political to religious and any other insipid reasoning you can think of.  And some will vehemently  resist masking at work while never previously resisting and protesting any other dress code requirements made by their employers.  In the plants I worked it was routine for some to get "written up", sent home or endure other disciplinary actions for not wearing required footwear or eye wear due to not wearing them causing a safety hazard.  I don't see, in these current circumstances, why the wearing of a mask is such a problem.

Sepiatone

The L.A.  Times has many black and people-of-color columnist and they made it clear that they didn't feel it was right to lobby or pressure people in their self-defined "group" to get vaccinated,   even family members,   due to them being sympathetic to the perception of history by the unvaccinated.      Everyone of these columnist were vaccinated and want everyone to get vaccinated (especially their own family members),   but again,  they all bailed,  wimped out,,  caved - AND,    (this is the worst of it IMO),    where harsh against white folks for pointing this out (I.e. white folks should just stay out since they don't understand "our" community).

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

The L.A.  Times has many black and people-of-color columnist and they made it clear that they didn't feel it was right to lobby or pressure people in their self-defined "group" to get vaccinated,   even family members,   due to them being sympathetic to the perception of history by the unvaccinated.      Everyone of these columnist were vaccinated and want everyone to get vaccinated (especially their own family members),   but again,  they all bailed,  wimped out,,  caved - AND,    (this is the worst of it IMO),    where harsh against white folks for pointing this out (I.e. white folks should just stay out since they don't understand "our" community).

I fail to grasp how anyone with what can be considered a decent level of intelligence can possibly be sympathetic to any mistaken or misguided perception.  Especially when it's at the foundation of counterproductive ideas and motives.  Someone in those columnists positions can do much to clear up those misconceptions and then make the case for getting vaccinated.  

Sepiatone

• Like 2

WV Governor Justice told the unvaccinated,  get vaccinated time is running out, time is running out!

Referring to the rising numbers of covid cases, the unvaccinated will only have a choice of that or coming down with it.  Playing it safe may soon not be an option.

• Thanks 1

Charleston, WV hairdresser throwing down vaccine gauntlet

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/kanawha_valley/charleston-hairdresser-throwing-down-vaccine-gauntlet/article_a6d5c7d7-8a93-51ca-966c-820f61f3f05b.html

"It’s no longer my intention to give up my life or freedom for non-vaxxers,” he said during an interview at his salon Monday. “I’m tired of living my life for them"

No vaccination, No service!

610abc53eff26.image.jpg?resize=540,760

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

How about a compromise?  

I'll show proof of vaccination if I can also enter and get service if I'm not wearing a shirt or shoes......?  ;) 

Sepiatone

Always wondered why pants/skirts aren't required for service.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

How about a compromise?  

I'll show proof of vaccination if I can also enter and get service if I'm not wearing a shirt or shoes......?  ;) 

Sepiatone

Now there's a different take on this in St Louis. Even though Kansas City and all of Missouri is a hot bed of covid-19, a real mess.

But that hasn't stopped one taxi cab company owner from refusing to allow his drivers to pick up vaccinated or masked customers. And the same goes for the drivers.

The company owner says that masks spread germs and that the vaccines are dangerous.

So, I guess he has the right to refuse service to people who don't comply to his specific demands.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Now there's a different take on this in St Louis. Even though Kansas City and all of Missouri is a hot bed of covid-19, a real mess.

But that hasn't stopped one taxi cab company owner from refusing to allow his drivers to pick up vaccinated or masked customers. And the same goes for the drivers.

The company owner says that masks spread germs and that the vaccines are dangerous.

So, I guess he has the right to refuse service to people who don't comply to his specific demands.

Where did the company's owner get the idea that the masks spread germs?  OR that the vaccines were "dangerous" to anybody?   That's really weird.

19 hours ago, ElCid said:

Always wondered why pants/skirts aren't required for service.

Back when that all started I joked about that, asking the waitress in a restaurant that had that sign on it's door  if it meant that if I came in wearing ONLY a shirt and shoes, would I still get served?   :lol:

She answered, "Still get served?  Sure.  But probably with an arrest warrant!"  :lol:

Sepiatone

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sep--I was on YouTube last night watching "My Three Sons" and I ran across a video interviewing the

23 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

**Where did the company's owner get the idea that the masks spread germs?  OR that the vaccines were "dangerous" to anybody?   That's really weird.

Back when that all started I joked about that, asking the waitress in a restaurant that had that sign on it's door  if it meant that if I came in wearing ONLY a shirt and shoes, would I still get served?   :lol:

She answered, "Still get served?  Sure.  But probably with an arrest warrant!"  :lol:

Sepiatone

**Taxi cab company owner in St Louis.

It's from Trevor Noah's "Daily Show" and it's the latest video in a series called "Pandumbic".

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

Sep--I was on YouTube last night watching "My Three Sons" and I ran across a video interviewing the

**Taxi cab company owner in St Louis.

It's from Trevor Noah's "Daily Show" and it's the latest video in a series called "Pandumbic".

Seems as if you're stating the taxi cab company owner got the idea masks spread germs from THE DAILY SHOW.   Or possibly you misconstrued my query.

Sepiatone