Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please Go Get Vaccinated for COVID-19

18 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

lavendarblue19,

You a Moderna employee? Stockholder?

A pharmaceutical company hyping its product. Imagine that! Wow! I didn't see that coming! Who'd a thunk it?

Yo, lb19! Didn't you petulantly snap that you were "Done" with responding to me? I hate it when people go back on their word.

I honestly don't know what the point of your retort is. To get me to change my mind? To do what you say? To be like . . . you?

Fail!

The Rap on Moderna

You Can't Sue Pfizer or Moderna

Big Pharma is Fooling Us

He QUOTED a statement from Moderna, whom clearing stated the mRNA technology has been in development for years before covid came along by which they were able to adapt it to fight the pandemic more quickly than if Moderna had to start from scratch.  Question is will it take another 9 months to develop a new vaccine if covid-19 mutates to the point present vaccines becomes totally ineffective.

Imagine the backlash from the public if people have to repeat 2020 all over again!

If you're waiting for "the vaccine is 100% safe", then you will have the longest wait in the world.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Bogie56 said:
My son heard a joke in a comedy club last week: To vaccine refusers who say, "I'm doing my research," the comedian answered: "Oh, you've booked time in the lab? Going to work with beakers and electron microscopes?"

Riiiiggghhht! I always consult and rely on a stand-up comedian for medical advice, information, and prescriptions.

So, your son was in a comedy club, eh?

That's the problem right there, IMO.  Folks who just can't restrain themselves from attending public venues and entertainments (because they are ever so starved for company and "human connection").

Hoganman1 wants to "get back to a more normal life."

What if this (pandemic) is The New Normal? What if this pandemic (or another pandemic) will always be with us? Are you up for -- are you up to -- the challenge of redefining life? Your life?

• Confused 1
20 hours ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

My rebuttal is the consequences of putting oneself in danger* -- whether consciously or delusionally -- is a personal choice . . . which may be informed or uniformed. How an observer reacts and responds to those consequences is also a personal choice . . .

What you don't seem to be getting is that your "personal choice" doesn't only put YOU in danger, but puts OTHERS in possible danger too.  

Sepiatone

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Riiiiggghhht! I always consult and rely on a stand-up comedian for medical advice, information, and prescriptions.

So, your son was in a comedy club, eh?

That's the problem right there, IMO.  Folks who just can't restrain themselves from attending public venues and entertainments (because they are ever so starved for company and "human connection").

Hoganman1 wants to "get back to a more normal life."

What if this (pandemic) is The New Normal? What if this pandemic (or another pandemic) will always be with us? Are you up for -- are you up to -- the challenge of redefining life? Your life?

It more likely will always be with us because anti vaxxers made it so. We as a whole has the opportunity to rid the world of covid-19 like smallpox.

This doesn't mean a new virus won't emerge because man encroach into habitats he doesn't belong or ingest animals whom are exotic disease carriers.  Until Patient Zero is located, the world will never know for certainly how this started to begin with.

Have a gut feeling China knows how this began and not telling! :angry:

• Like 1

Do you ever watch the news? Get your head out the sand and pay attention to what's going on . You're going to get sick eventually if you don't get vaccinated. New evidence shows that people even with a mild case of covid will suffer the effects on their brain, heart and lungs for the rest of their lives. You can't answer my above post about Moderna and how they've worked on this vaccine for 10 years. You can't answer because it proves your excuse is baloney.

Car insurance companies raise the rates for people who are a danger to others on the road. You are a danger to others and I wouldn't be surprised at some point if health insurance companies don't raise the rates of those unvaccinaterd. and I hope they do. There's talk of doing that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
15 hours ago, Hoganman1 said:

Well, my apologies to all posters. My intent was to simply encourage people to get vaccinated so we can get back to a more normal life (whatever that is). I certainly didn't mean to start a firestorm.   To quote Rodney King  "People,  I just want to say, can we all get along? Can we get along?" I guess for some the 2021 answer is no. 

Not as long as DUMP and his minions are around........

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Sorry to come late to the "party" but as I understand it, Nipkow doesn't leave the house. In his case being unvaccinated doesn't effect the general population.

Back in the early 2000's I was dating the #2 person in our County's Health Department. He was already on alert & prepared for a worldwide pandemic, saying it was immanent. Earlier epidemics like AIDS/SARS were more successfully contained, but everyone in the CDC knew a virus would develop where everyone's susceptible.

I am fully vaccinated & an elementary school teacher. I wear a mask all day because my students are not vaccinated. No vaccine is 100% effective in preventing you from contracting a virus, it just lessens the chances of contracting & dying from it. So wearing a mask brings the chances down even further.

Kids are careless; they don't stay apart, nor keep their masks on securely-they're just not mature enough to understand. Sad to see adults living at "second grade" level.

People don't like being told what to do-especially those used to having everything their way all the time. Not getting the vaccine is a call out of small, self-centered thinking....not looking at the world as a whole.

Does Nip have his food delivered? House visits from doctors? Just curious.

52 minutes ago, hamradio said:

This sort of breaks down  individualism versus collectivism.  Die hard people whom wants government to stay out of their affairs period, don't want to be told what to do aka individualism and those whom wants to work more together for their belief of the common good aka  collectivism..

You’re Not the Boss of Me! Why We Don’t Like Being Told What to Do

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/why-we-dont-like-being-told-what-to-do/

Some anti vaxxers won't get the shots just to prove a point whether if the outcome kills them or not.

By the way what ever became of the poster whom keeps repeating here on the board "stop telling me what to do?" constantly? :wacko:

Sadly, that is the case with some people. 

2 hours ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Hoganman1 wants to "get back to a more normal life.

"There is no normal life, Wyatt; there's just life"---Doc Holliday on his death bed in TOMBSTONE.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

What you don't seem to be getting is that your "personal choice" doesn't only put YOU in danger, but puts OTHERS in possible danger too.  

Sepiatone

I think he gets that all too well.  He just doesn't care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Sepiatone

Yes, very true and has been pointed out to this poster quite a few times, however,  he's already told us he doesn't care. Pathetic isn't it.

• Like 1

Sepiatone

On 7/28/2021 at 1:15 AM, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

HoganMan

I don't care about the people you love . . . or you.

Enough with the bloody nagging!

He does know and he doesn't care. He's more concerned about the "nagging."

• Like 1

'I should've gotten the damn vaccine': Tragic final text sent by 39-year-old father-of-five to his fiancée before he succumbed to COVID after contracting the virus on vacation'

'I should've gotten the damn vaccine!' Tragic text sent from dad-of-five before he died

A father-of-five sent a heartbreaking text message to his fiancee saying he should have had the COVID-19 vaccine - just days before he succumbed to the deadly disease.  Michael Freedy, 39, passed away Thursday at a hospital in his hometown of Las Vegas, less than two weeks after contracting the virus.  Earlier this month, Freedy and his fiancee, Jessica DuPreeze, took a beach vacation to California with their five kids - aged between 17 and 17 months. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
23 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

'I should've gotten the damn vaccine': Tragic final text sent by 39-year-old father-of-five to his fiancée before he succumbed to COVID after contracting the virus on vacation'

'I should've gotten the damn vaccine!' Tragic text sent from dad-of-five before he died

A father-of-five sent a heartbreaking text message to his fiancee saying he should have had the COVID-19 vaccine - just days before he succumbed to the deadly disease.  Michael Freedy, 39, passed away Thursday at a hospital in his hometown of Las Vegas, less than two weeks after contracting the virus.  Earlier this month, Freedy and his fiancee, Jessica DuPreeze, took a beach vacation to California with their five kids - aged between 17 and 17 months. 

He and his fiancee were waiting a year to see what side effects people had before getting vaccinated.   His fiancee and their oldest child are now vaccinated.

• Thanks 3

Wow! I'm underwhelmed, 4 posts in 3 weeks in threads other than this! LOL No you haven't done your research, since you used your excuse as no data of the effects of the vaccine.  Moderna worked on and tested the vaccine for over 10 years, I posted the article they released and you had no comment. 

Everyone here has tried to inform you so that you don't get sick and make others sick. Your lack of thinking intelligently  about the vaccine says everything about you. No one other the one poster whose comments are laughed at supports you. That should tell you everything. 

• Like 3
On 7/30/2021 at 3:05 PM, lavenderblue19 said:

Wow! I'm underwhelmed, 4 posts in 3 weeks in threads other than this! LOL No you haven't done your research, since you used your excuse as no data of the effects of the vaccine.  Moderna worked on and tested the vaccine for over 10 years, I posted the article they released and you had no comment. 

Everyone here has tried to inform you so that you don't get sick and make others sick. Your lack of thinking intelligently  about the vaccine says everything about you. No one other the one poster whose comments are laughed at supports you. That should tell you everything. 

5 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Peppermint_Patty_Charlie_Brown.jpg

I don't know you other than the nonsense that's been posted here. It's more I feel sorry for you and anyone who comes in contact with you. Rethink your position on this please and get yourself vaccinated. If pointing out the truth to you by all of us is the only way to get thru to you then so be it.

• Like 1

LOL. I went from Peppermint Patty to Mammy Yokum in a matter of minutes, my age is somewhere in between ! Again, you are confused LOL. So, are your friends and family vaccinated or are they as stubborn as you  From what I've seen, people who care about each other get vaccinated. Again, I feel sorry for you and good luck, 'cause you are going to need it.

• Like 1

https://abc13.com/covid-death-galveston-vaccinated-fully/10919672/

Friday, July 30, 2021 3:43PM

- A woman who was fully vaccinated against COVID-19 died earlier this month from the virus, health officials said Friday.

The woman, who had pre-existing medical conditions, died July 15 and was between 61 and 70-years-old, according to the Galveston County Health District.

Her death marks the fourth documented case in the county involving someone who was fully vaccinated. Health officials did not specify what her existing conditions were.

On July 18, health officials said a woman who was partially vaccinated died from COVID-19. She also had pre-existing conditions

• Like 1

The vaccines are 95% effective against covid.  Those are great odds.Unfortunately, these 2 women had pre-existing conditions that made them vulnerable. They may have had cancer for all you know. Obviously they had a compromised immune system since they had pre-existing conditions.  Not sure what your point was Dan for posting that article. Vaccines are the best defense against covid, period, whether you and that other poster believe it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1