Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please Go Get Vaccinated for COVID-19

From March 2020 to July 2, 2021, my apartment building in NYC required masking in all public spaces in the building.  On July 2, 2021, they sent an email which said if you are vaccinated, you can go maskless if you choose. Today, August 2, they went back to the previous masking regulations:

"Masks must be worn indoors by ALL residents, both vaccinated and unvaccinated. This includes hallway, gym, elevator & lobby."

Today, I was walking down Broadway (not Times Square, but up around 66th Street) and was stopped by a woman who had two teenage girls with her. She said she was a tourist and asked some advice, which I gave her. Then I asked her where she was from. She said Miami. I nearly backed off  and ran, but I restrained myself. 

4f5d238e-23c5-40b8-a74d-70af69e86a00_scr

"Unclean!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
25 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Swithin, were they wearing masks, were you wearing a mask ?

No. The guidance (which may change again)  is still that you don't have to wear masks outside. I have mine with me, in case I go into a shop (or library, for example) that still requires it. But it's not like early on, when almost everyone wore masks outside.  However, as Delta spreads, and news about it, I do see more people wearing masks outside.

I went into Trader Joe's this evening, which does not require masks if you are vaccinated, but many (most) people were wearing them, including me, and a neighbor I ran into as well.

I went to the dentist this morning, where masks are still required, excerpt when you're having the work done, of course.

10 hours ago, hamradio said:

Anti-mask group disrupts community meeting about pandemic relief funds

https://www.wsaz.com/2021/08/02/anti-mask-group-disrupts-community-meeting-about-pandemic-relief-funds/

This is what an anti masker looks like

E7jxXFrVUAIGIpe?format=jpg&name=360x360

Dread to think how she feels about vaccines. :wacko:

Well, you can tell it's Olympics season in this discussion because some participants are diving off the deep end, running off at the mouth and running on empty, skating on thin ice, throwing the bull, putting the sh*t, boxing themselves into a corner, and jumping to conclusions.

The news story reports that the group of women who disrupted the community meeting were anti-maskers.

Anti-masker does not equal Anti-vaxxer.

In my small corner of the universe, some retail merchants have signs on windows and at entrances "No mask required for the vaccinated" (or variations of) . . . which some people instantly interpret as "If you're wearing a mask, you're unvaccinated."

. . . a presumption that is causing tension, distrust, and (even more) polarization within the community.

• Haha 1

Sure, this country has a lot of gold medalists in the above categories.  ;) 

Yet while some anti vaxxers might have some legitimate(although unsubstantiated) concerns,  I don't get the anti-maskers gripe.  Wearing a mask is such a painless thing to do, hurts no one and not physically difficult to do You gotta figure the reason they complain is that it IS hard for them to reach that far up their whazoos to get a mask on their faces.  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 1
When You’ve Been Fully Vaccinated

How to Protect Yourself and Others

Updated July 27, 2021
Languages
Safer Activities for You and Your Family
Friends and family grilling outside
  • If you are fully vaccinated, you can participate in many of the activities that you did before the pandemic.
  • To maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission.
  • Wearing a mask is most important if you have a weakened immune system or if, because of your age or an underlying medical condition, you are at increased risk for severe disease, or if someone in your household has a weakened immune system, is at increased risk for severe disease, or is unvaccinated. If this applies to you or your household, you might choose to wear a mask regardless of the level of transmission in your area.
  • You should continue to wear a mask where required by laws, rules, regulations, or local guidance.

band aid light icon If you haven’t been vaccinated yet, find a vaccine.

Maybe watch and listen to the news. Ever hear of the Delta variant? Fully vaccinated people, ALL people need to wear a mask when in public places.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Maybe not but your comments here certainly sound like an anti-vaxer. No difference.

I've been vaccinated against several serious illnesses. Like many of my generation, I bear a vaccination mark on my upper left arm that has been there since infancy.

Pneumonia does account for deaths at all times - and at fairly consistent rates - as a result of flus, colds and other viruses. Especially among the elderly - it's quite a common cause of death. Always has been and is still.

Nevertheless, I don't worry much over an illness that has a survivability of 99.973%. 

I have nothing against you having an experimental concoction injected into you if you wish. It's entirely up to you - or should be. And I won't hang a vaxxer label on you if you choose to have it done. I might think something about your choice, but I won't press it on you.

• Like 1

Moderna has worked on this vaccine for 10 years. They have tested this vaccine for years, probably longer than some of the shots you say you've had. That information has been published. I first found that out months ago when my Drs. office set the appt. for me to get vaccinated. My Dr. told me about Moderna and how that vaccine has been in the works for over 10 years. I don't think people who refuse to be vaccinated have done their homework. 

This is a pandemic and the virus keeps mutating. Not being vaccinated is foolish and selfish. People getting vaccinated is the only way to stop this misery. 

There is a strong possibility that the vaccine against covid will be combined with the flu shot. Will you then refuse to get a flu shot? I hope you don't get this virus and pass it on to others. Your only protection is never leaving your home or getting vaccinated.  I think the hold outs will eventually get the vaccine when they finally realize it's the right thing to do for themselves and the rest of us. Good luck and please, start paying attention to the news and stop living in your own little world.

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Moderna has worked on this vaccine for 10 years. They have tested this vaccine for years, probably longer than some of the shots you say you've had. That information has been published. I first found that out months ago when my Drs. office set the appt. for me to get vaccinated. My Dr. told me about Moderna and how that vaccine has been in the works for over 10 years. I don't think people who refuse to be vaccinated have done their homework. 

Just to ensure clarity:     Moderna,  as  well as Pfizer,  have been working on the mRNA type vaccines for over a decade.      

I only point this out since the term "this vaccine" was used and some may confuse this with the actual Covid-19 vaccine (which of course these companies only started to work on in early 2020).       

The long term effects  of a mRNA type vaccination are still unknown so that is a somewhat legit fear of being vaccinated but IMO the short term impact of Covid-19 outweighs the possible long term effect of a mRNA type vaccine by a mile.

1 hour ago, lavenderblue19 said:

I hope you don't get this virus and pass it on to others. Your only protection is never leaving your home or getting vaccinated.

For someone who persistently, superciliously, and annoyingly nags folks to read/watch/listen to the news and "do your homework," I say: Physician, heal thyself!

I suggest that you take a break from lecturing and nagging and instead bone up on your reading.

Here, I'll help you:

Vaccinated People With Breakthrough Infections Can Spread The Delta Variant, CDC Says

Delta infections among vaccinated likely contagious

Study: Vaccinated people can carry as much virus as others

CDC confirms leaked data about delta variant

CDC says fully vaccinated people spread the Delta variant and should wear masks

What If Vaccines Don’t Really Stop the Virus From Spreading?

• Like 1

"By the time of the COVID-19 pandemic, we had already been working for years on vaccines for infectious diseases, including on other coronaviruses and their spike proteins. As part of our mRNA technology platform, we had also already developed an mRNA delivery system that was specifically designed for vaccines.

Once the COVID-19 pandemic struck, we were well positioned to adapt our existing mRNA technology to try to address the global public health crisis. We worked closely with the NIH and other government and non-government partners to design and implement a robust COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial program that prioritized safety. Our speed in developing the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine was ultimately a product of our many years of research and investment in mRNA vaccines."

James, I posted this last week, everyone understood, so although your correction is appreciated, it wasn't necessary.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Just to ensure clarity: Moderna,  as  well as Pfizer,  have been working on the mRNA type vaccines for over a decade.      

I only point this out since the term "this vaccine" was used and some may confuse this with the actual Covid-19 vaccine (which of course these companies only started to work on in early 2020).

You let the cat out of the bag, jamesjazzguitar! And spoiled the wily subterfuge of The lavendar(blue19) Hill Mob!

When you stop annoyinlgy posting your decision to not get vaccinated that's when the majority here will stop posting about the need to get vaccinated. As I wrote before, if you don't like what practically everyone has written here, you should have kept your foolish, dangerous decision to not get vaccinated to  yourself. I might suggest you put me on ignore and the rest who don't appreciate your opinion about not getting vaccinated. That will mean you'll have about 3 if that many posters you can "talk" to  who agree with you.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

When you stop annoyinlgy posting your decision to not get vaccinated that's when the majority here will stop posting about the need to get vaccinated. As I wrote before, if you don't like what practically everyone has written here, you should have kept your foolish, dangerous decision to not get vaccinated to  yourself. I might suggest you put me on ignore and the rest who don't appreciate your opinion about not getting vaccinated. That will mean you'll have about 3 if that many posters you can "talk" to  who agree with you.  LOL

Your real name must be Evelyn Wood to have so swiftly read all of the news reports I provided to you.

Jeepers, Evie, do you mean if I continue to post I won't be able to play any reindeer games or I'll be banished to the Island of Misfit Toys?

Oh golly! Oh gee! Oh woe is me!

Oh fiddle-dee-dee!

• Confused 2
15 minutes ago, Eucalpytus P. Millstone said:

Your real name must be Evelyn Wood to have so swiftly read all of the news reports I provided to you.

Jeepers, Evie, do you mean if I continue to post I won't be able to play any reindeer games or I'll be banished to the Island of Misfit Toys?

Oh golly! Oh gee! Oh woe is me!

Oh fiddle-dee-dee!

I find it funny that you're stuck in "this" with certain forum members.     I could have warned you but what fun would that be.

While we disagree here,  as you know I provided my two-sense and moved on.       Historically I have posted this when in a similar situation:

• Like 1