Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

26 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Why was she missing from TCM IMPORTS  on Sun.???

:blink:

It probably happened when they cancelled the premiere of Mother and Son and moved up Aparajito as the first TCM Imports film.  My guess is they didn't have enough time to shoot a new introduction.

• Thanks 2

The problem is that no host can possibly compete with Eddie Muller's combination of film knowledge, wit, and charm, plus he also gets first dibs on the most interesting movies and plenty of time to strut his stuff.  Except for Jacqueline Stewart, all the other hosts are doing is filling time in between Eddie Muller's appearances.  Maybe if Ben were given more time before the movie starts, he'd be able to give us more than a Readers Digest Condensed Books version of a real introduction, which is all we're getting from him now.  He's got the knowledge, but it's always seemed that he's being held a bit under wraps.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, AndyM108 said:

The problem is that no host can possibly compete with Eddie Muller's combination of film knowledge, wit, and charm, plus he also gets first dibs on the most interesting movies and plenty of time to strut his stuff.  Except for Jacqueline Stewart, all the other hosts are doing is filling time in between Eddie Muller's appearances.  Maybe if Ben were given more time before the movie starts, he'd be able to give us more than a Readers Digest Condensed Books version of a real introduction, which is all we're getting from him now.  He's got the knowledge, but it's always seemed that he's being held a bit under wraps.

Andy I agree with you that the longer introductions are certainly better.  Eddie always gets 5-6 minutes and has graphics inserted to reinforce his comments, so there is a commitment from both host and TCM to produce a better product.  I noticed the first intro that Ben did on the primetime Sep. 1 kickoff was allowed to take more time and also had inserts and clips along the way.  Obviously this takes more production resources so I'm not sure how TCM decides what to allocate.  Jacqueline Stewart doesn't get an abundance of time, but she also gets the inserts.  Once you come to appreciate the extended format the quick less-than-2-minute intros seem like nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice do again. Just watched her introducing Network one of those seen it a few times but don't have to watch it again type films. I did my standard reaction and switched over to The Film Detective now showing Three Came Home (1950) another seen it a few times film that pretty much serves as background noise while I do other stuff.