Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2 hours ago, Dargo said:

THAT'S 'cause all THOSE kind'a scenes that were filmed inside Belle Watling's cathouse were left on the cutting room floor, Tom!

(...didn't know Belle catered to all sorts, did ya!)  ;)

teeth Deliverance2 | The Movie Gourmet

"Someone left me on the cutting room floor? That makes me angry! That makes me very, very angry! And who the heck is calling me 'all sorts?' I'd like to meet that boy."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, cmovieviewer said:

Gone With the Wind was last shown on TCM on Monday, July 12 as part of a tribute to composer Max Steiner, and the evening was hosted by Dave Karger, not Alicia Malone.

I was going to say the same thing. Thanks.

14 hours ago, spauldingd said:

This might be the dumbest post I’ve ever read.

I suppose that if you keep making references to your own posts, they're ALL going to be the dumbest posts you ever read. ;) 

Sepiatone

• Haha 2
12 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Ashley Wilkes was a closet case if I ever saw one and there were tons of closets in Twelve Oaks.

Deliverance (1972)

"Iffin I can sneak on the property, I wouldn't mind hiding out in one of them Twelve Oaks closets myself."

• Haha 2
22 hours ago, Shank Asu said:

I love the accent.  As someone married to an English girl, i can vouch that it's a good thing when a man likes the sound of his wife's voice.

And what gives you the idea that I didn't?   

Sepiatone

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TomJH said:

Deliverance (1972)

When I plowed that Wilkes' boy's back forty and yelled sowee at least he knew what I was

talkin' on, not like that little runt from Atlanta. 

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, Shank Asu said:

Just speaking for myself.

But you do realize, as closely related as they are, their's a huge difference between a British accent and an Australian one, right?

And somehow Alicia's Australian accent is more irritating to me than say, PAUL HOGAN'S  ;)   And in the '80's through most of the '90's I got pretty much burned out on Australian accents and Irish music.    :blink:  

Sepiatone

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

But you do realize, as closely related as they are, their's a huge difference between a British accent and an Australian one, right?

And somehow Alicia's Australian accent is more irritating to me than say, PAUL HOGAN'S  ;)   And in the '80's through most of the '90's I got pretty much burned out on Australian accents and Irish music.    :blink:  

Sepiatone

Well, seein' as how we're kind'a on this subject here, I have to  say that personally I don't mind Alicia's Aussie accent at all.

Nope, BUT what about her voice I DON'T particularity care for is, YEP, just like our boy Ben, she kind'a talks through HER nose TOO!

(...THERE, I said it...and YES, she DOES...and I STILL can NOT believe that I've always been the ONLY freakin' person around here who has ever NOTICED this about their voices!!!)

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Well, seein' as how we're kind'a on this subject here, I have to  say that personally I don't mind Alicia's Aussie accent at all.

Nope, BUT what about her voice I DON'T particularity care for is, YEP, just like our boy Ben, she kind'a talks through HER nose TOO!

(...THERE,  I said it...and YES, she DOES!!!)

Actually Darg, what does irritate me about Alicia's accent is the factor that irritates me about British accents in general.

Not talking TROUGH their noses, but rather sounding as if they all need a good shot of AFRIN to clear out what sounds like heavily clogged sinus passages.  In fact----

As I recall, my high school dramatics teacher told our class that to achieve a passable British accent, we should stuff our noses with cotton and talk like that and do so until we can manage to sound that way without the cotton!  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Haha 1
On 7/30/2021 at 9:17 AM, Sepiatone said:

Actually Darg, what does irritate me about Alicia's accent is the factor that irritates me about British accents in general.

Not talking TROUGH their noses, but rather sounding as if they all need a good shot of AFRIN to clear out what sounds like heavily clogged sinus passages.  In fact----

As I recall, my high school dramatics teacher told our class that to achieve a passable British accent, we should stuff our noses with cotton and talk like that and do so until we can manage to sound that way without the cotton!  ;) 

Sepiatone

Not so sure what your drama teacher said is true here, Sepia.

And because if it WERE true, then please explain, say for instance, the existence of Charlotte Rampling's deep, sexy and resonant voice to me here?

(...I'll see your reply later to this today, as now I'm out the door and to that little shuttle driving gig of mine)

29 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Not so sure what your drama teacher said is true here, Sepia.

And because if it WERE true, than please explain, say for instance, the existence of Charlotte Rampling's deep, sexy and resonant voice to me here?

(...I'll see your reply later to this today, as now I'm out the door and to that little shuttle driving gig of mine)

OK, I'll admit it isn't ALL British who sound stopped up, but here's an example of a couple....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

Sepiatone

Oh yeah, and even within the various English accents, i find some intoxicating to hear and others a curse on the ears- sorry Liverpool folks.  For my personal tastes, Alicia's accent falls in line with one of the more pleasant camps.  Don't like the Aussie accent as much as some English ones, but no one's perfect- ha

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dargo said:

(...THERE, I said it...and YES, she DOES...and I STILL can NOT believe that I've always been the ONLY freakin' person around here who has ever NOTICED this about their voices!!!)

Hey Dargo you were the first to write about Ben and his GARGANTUAN A'S I thought i was one to really care for this.His A's in any word are really present to say the least.As for Alicia Malone there is no way for me, sorry Alicia. But i enjoyed looking for her designed shoes,they were done to cover a tatoo on top now is it both of them? i do not know.Did you noticed this Dargo ? And do not say I 'am a foot fetichist ? It was of course before the pandemic.

• Like 1

Well, as someone who grew up hearing a variety of accents( Polish, Russian, Hungarian, Italian , Armenian and others due to my family and some friend's families and others) , the British  and Australian accents are much easier to understand than most of those other pea soup thick Eastern European accents.  ;)   But thanks to that exposure, I'm able to decipher most  of what the "customer service" gleep from Mumbai is talking about.  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Haha 1

Who knows?  → Maybe the CC was accurate and Alicia did want some 'Mary Jane'!  Wacky Weed! Mara Ju Wanna!  Seeds 'n' Stems! 

Perhaps the 'CC' people know something we don't! 

If we see an intro featuring Alicia with the BREWER & SHIPLEY song "One Toke Over the Line" playing in the background, well, shucks . . . there could be some HERB burning in the studio!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
19 hours ago, Mr. Gorman said:

Who knows?  → Maybe the CC was accurate and Alicia did want some 'Mary Jane'!  Wacky Weed! Mara Ju Wanna!  Seeds 'n' Stems! 

If we see an intro featuring Alicia with the BREWER & SHIPLEY song "One Toke Over the Line" playing in the background, well, shucks . . . there could be some HERB burning in the studio!

If that was so, likely something like THIS might be playing in the background!  ;) 

Far OUT, man!  :D

Sepiatone

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
19 hours ago, Mr. Gorman said:

Except, and as Katie kind'a pointed out about Alicia and most all Brits and Aussies and their non-rhotic 'R's, Brewer & Shipley's song would be sung as "One Toke OVAH the Line".

(...and which reminds me of all those TV commercials I've watched in which actress Jane Seymour is hawking her cheap little piece of jewelry and calls it her "open 'hot' pendant")

• Haha 4
31 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Except, and as Katie kind'a pointed out about Alicia and most all Brits and Aussies and their non-rhotic 'R's, Brewer & Shipley's song would be sung as "One Toke OVAH the Line".

(...and which reminds me of all those TV commercials I've watched in which actress Jane Seymour is hawking her cheap little piece of jewelry and calls it her "open 'hot' pendant")

Alicia would likely pronounce it,   "One Toe-uk OW-ehvuh  the loin!"  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Haha 3
12 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Alicia would likely pronounce it,   "One Toe-uk OW-ehvuh  the loin!"  ;) 

Sepiatone

LOL

Yep, she probably would, Sepia!

(...very nice phonetics here, btw)  ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'M SITTIN' DOWNTOWN IN A RAILWAY STATION . . . HOPING THAT THE TRAIN IS ON TIME! 

(I'm goin' to Tarkio Road, btw). 

ONE TOKE OVER THE LINE was sung on the Lawrence Welk Show way back when.  Believe it or not.  It's hilarious!  The Maestro said it was a "modern spiritual", I believe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2