Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alicia Malone

Philip1749

On 8/6/2021 at 11:01 AM, BingFan said:

.....a Jim Crow era that began immediately after the Civil War and stretched into the 1960s.  Laws effectively stopped them from voting and prohibited them from living in the same neighborhoods and going to the same schools with white people, among other things

Some say "the seeds" of Jim Crow were planted in the North well before the war ended, by implementiation all manor of segregation policies. "Jim Crow", at least what is accepted as Jim Crow, did not occur in the south until roughly 12 years after the Civil War ended and Reconstruction failed. It couldn't be more important to acknowledge that fact since so many persistent issues were a direct result of the northern Carpetbag era.

Voter suppression and manipulation? Youbetcha. The majority of white men were prohibited from voting because they were Confederate soldiers. About the only Southern voting going on during the Reconstruction era was done by newly freed slaves (freedmen), the majority couldn't read or write and had zero grasp of the issues.  But not to worry, the Freedman's bureau installed by the good folks in Washington DC helped explain how and who to vote for (which was always some northern shill) and if the freedmen needed some persuasion to get to the polls, plenty of whiskey and petty cash was dispensed along with all kinds of grandiose promises down the road including 40 acres and a mule.

On 8/6/2021 at 11:38 AM, Dargo said:

I don't recall Alicia ever looking THIS wide

They say the camera makes you eat 10 or 20 pounds or something.

But her head does seem especially rotund. Here. . . 

G0Eu9w6.jpg

Oh that's. . . much. . . . better?

On 8/9/2021 at 8:46 AM, Bronxgirl48 said:

So in effect Alicia is giving an explanation for the explanation, if that doesn't already give you a migraine.

Yep. You ever see an infant that just got a scare or a shock. That moment where their face is frozen with their mouth WIDE open but no sound has yet emerged, but will at top volume in a second?

THAT is what Alicia is cueing up. It's just a heads up for those that want to get ready to be triggered. She's a full service movie host.

19 minutes ago, Moe Howard said:

About the only Southern voting going on during the Reconstruction era was done by newly freed slaves (freedmen), the majority couldn't read or write and had zero grasp of the issues.  But not to worry, the Freedman's bureau installed by the good folks in Washington DC helped explain how and who to vote for (which was always some northern shill) and if the freedmen needed some persuasion to get to the polls, plenty of whiskey and petty cash was dispensed along with all kinds of grandiose promises down the road including 40 acres and a mule.

If they got to vote at all, since angry white mobs were mass-murdering African-Americans all over the South during Reconstruction.

https://eji.org/report/reconstruction-in-america/documenting-reconstruction-violence/

• Haha 1

After the end of slavery came 100+ years of discrimination and segregation. After the Union troops left

the South and Reconstruction ended, the ex-Confederates were able to let their inner bigots out in all

manner of restrictions for the next century. Forty acres and a mule was an order from Uncle Billy in

1865 which was later overturned by Andrew Johnson, who was no friend of freed slaves. And I wonder

who was responsible for the fact that so many former slaves didn't know how to read and write. Hmm.

2 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

After the end of slavery came 100+ years of discrimination and segregation. After the Union troops left

the South and Reconstruction ended, the ex-Confederates were able to let their inner bigots out in all

manner of restrictions for the next century. 

Like the Taliban in Afghanistan? Looks like we never learn. (Or maybe we're just ineptly taught?)

1 hour ago, wbogacz said:

Like the Taliban in Afghanistan? Looks like we never learn. (Or maybe we're just ineptly taught?)

There are some similarities, though the big difference is that Afghanistan is a foreign country, not

a section of the U.S. I suppose we could stay for another 20 years, but who knows if the end result

would be any different. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

There are some similarities, though the big difference is that Afghanistan is a foreign country, not

a section of the U.S.

Leave a vacuum, and you're sure to suck in dirt.

But that is more than enough distraction from Alicia Malone. Let's get back!

1 hour ago, Vautrin said:

After the Union troops left

manner of restrictions for the next century. 

Democrats. They had been against abolishing slavery, and having been defeated at open warfare,  went on to establish the terror of the Ku Klux Klan.

2 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Forty acres and a mule was an order from Uncle Billy in

1865 which was later overturned by Andrew Johnson, who was no friend of freed slaves.

There's plenty of myth about it's origins, but a place where it's actually written is in the March 1865 Freedmen's Act. And it's important to note these were never to be gifted. The "40 acres and mules" were to be rented from the Freedmen's Bureau. The "acres"  either "abandoned" or confiscated, usually the result of tax arrears.  Union loyal refugee or Freedmen could apply, pay a 6% annual rent for an up to 3 year lease. Property could be purchased at anytime during that term.

Of course the agents that worked for the bureau made all kinds of promises to get former slaves to vote for their shill candidates and that is where the myth probably came from.

2 hours ago, Vautrin said:

And I wonder

who was responsible for the fact that so many former slaves didn't know how to read and write. Hmm.

Well I suppose once they were former slaves, they themselves were responsible. Any previous policy to deny such a thing was now nullified. The children of freedmen was a different, more complicated matter.

5 hours ago, Moe Howard said:

They say the camera makes you eat 10 or 20 pounds or something.

But her head does seem especially rotund. Here. . . 

Oh that's. . . much. . . . better?

Original pic of Alicia posted with her blue pants...

alicia1.thumb.jpg.f18f3c3a68cd71bd3eda08

...and now the latest and what looks like a more CORRECT aspect ratio of this same pic of her which you've posted...

G0Eu9w6.jpg

Yep, Moe. I'd say that that's...much...better, alright.

(...well, at least it DOESN'T make her look that she actually has that "extra  10-20 pounds", or even 40-50 pounds in THIS case, added to her appearance that the camera supposedly adds to people's images anyway)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dargo said:

Original pic of Alicia posted with her blue pants...

alicia1.thumb.jpg.f18f3c3a68cd71bd3eda08

...and now the lastest and what looks like a more correct aspect ratio of this same pic of her...

G0Eu9w6.jpg

Yep, Moe. I'd say that that's...much...better, alright.

(...well, at least it DOESN'T make her look that she actually has that "extra  10-20 pounds" added to her appearance that the camera supposedly adds to people's images anyway)

It's an improvement. What do you think the odds are of those slacks ever seeing the light of day again Dargo? I'll bet those went straight into the Goodwill pile.

26 minutes ago, Moe Howard said:

It's an improvement. What do you think the odds are of those slacks ever seeing the light of day again Dargo? I'll bet those went straight into the Goodwill pile.

Possibly, but then again when it comes to Alicia's appearance, I tend to concentrate more on her very attractive face, and especially on her beautiful eyes and on her bright, sexy and slightly crooked smile (and where her slightly nasally voice emanates from) whenever she appears on my TV than I do on whatever she might be wearing.

(...and so you're askin' the wrong guy here)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wbogacz said:

Leave a vacuum, and you're sure to suck in dirt.

But that is more than enough distraction from Alicia Malone. Let's get back!

I'll just add that the Taliban wear more voluminous pants than anything Alicia would.

Back to AM.

2 hours ago, 37kitties said:

Democrats. They had been against abolishing slavery, and having been defeated at open warfare,  went on to establish the terror of the Ku Klux Klan.

Yes they were Democrats, though I don't think the Klan was ever an official Democratic organization,

though they often worked closely with elected Democratic officials. After the civil rights era of the

1960s many segregationists moved over to the Republican party where it seems they found a welcome

home and do so to this day. 

11 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

I'll just add that the Taliban wear more voluminous pants than anything Alicia would.

Back to AM.

Yeah maybe, but neither of 'em can, ahem, "touch this" when I came to THIS guy here...

Hammer.jpg&ehk=qtySLHxvtxj7HrwxlVvW1hrgO