Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

23 hours ago, Dargo said:

Oh, I would think most mothers would like Alicia.

She's always come across to me as the nice wholesome sort, and mother do tend to like that sort, ya know.

"Mothers are like that...yeah, they are!"

(...you remember that line from that early-'60s Bayer aspirin for children commercial, I presume)

I don't recall that particular commercial, probably due to a faulty memory, but there were a lot of mom

and kids ads during that time. I'm sure Alicia is a sweetheart, so I give her a 10 on that score, but a sweetheart

can't really be a superfreak, so I give her a 0 on that, which averages out to a 5, which is impressive for

someone who comes from a land down under.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Ah yes, THERE'S that bright, beautiful and sexy (and slightly crooked) little smile of Alicia's!

Yes - very, very nice.

I love her in her blue pants too.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Moe Howard said:

Yes, we all have challenges in life to overcome. Some have drive, some don't.

Alicia Malone no doubt had her own set of barriers to overcome in life and she had the perseverance to work around them to achieve her goal of working at TCM. Who know's maybe she has her sights set on other things and TCM is just a stepping stone, a place to learn from to prepare her for some future goal. 

This process isn't unique to Alicia. People of all stripes from all over the globe did the same thing and thousands are as I type this.

MV5BMzgwMmU4ODQtOWFiZi00ZTQ4LWE5NjMtMzI1

True, some had to overcome systemic discrimination and segregation, others had to overcome a

car that wouldn't start on cold mornings, so I guess it's six of one half a dozen of another. I'm sure

Alicia had barriers to overcome. Maybe the passport office closed before she could get there or

perhaps she missed the blouse sale at Aeropostale. Thank goodness she overcame those disappointments.

I just hope she can overcome that hairdo. 

15 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

I don't recall that particular commercial, probably due to a faulty memory, but there were a lot of mom

and kids ads during that time. I'm sure Alicia is a sweetheart, so I give her a 10 on that score, but a sweetheart

can't really be a superfreak, so I give her a 0 on that, which averages out to a 5, which is impressive for

someone who comes from a land down under.

Here it is...

1 hour ago, Dargo said:

Here it is...

I must have been out playing baseball. Message--I care. Second message--If your mom doesn't give you

Bayer Aspirin for Children she doesn't love you. :(

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

I must have been out playing baseball. Message--I care. Second message--If your mom doesn't give you

Bayer Aspirin for Children she doesn't love you. :(

Yeah, don't ya just love the subtle little messages Madison Ave has always used to sell product?!

(...some things never change, huh)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dargo said:

Yeah, don't ya just love the subtle little messages Madison Ave has always used to sell product?!

(...some things never change, huh)

How true. Sneaky, weren't they? I'm guessing that at the time it wasn't noticed by many folks.

Just look at the cute kid with the big dog. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Gorman said:

I dig chicks who dig shovels.   Whatchu got to say about that?

I say you're in luck, because boy do I have a chick for you. Not only can she swing a helluva  shovel, her aim ain't bad either.

Shovel-girl-fight-leads-to-criminal-inve

274793.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 8/11/2021 at 11:54 PM, Vautrin said:

If your mom doesn't give you

Bayer Aspirin for Children she doesn't love you. 

Maybe she doesn't want you to get Reye's Syndrome.

4 minutes ago, Fedya said:

Maybe she doesn't want you to get Reye's Syndrome.

Is that where your mouth grows to an enormous size, like this?...

actress-martha-raye-april-1948-o12447-00

(...oh, wait...different spelling, huh...never mind)

• Haha 2
  • 4 weeks later...