Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm Happy to watch William Powell all day! You?

yanceycravat

15 minutes ago, Katie_G said:

His movies are always fun to watch.  I'm enjoying seeing Bette Davis as a blonde too.

I assume you're talking about Fashions of 1934;    Note that this was the film that made Bette push back at Jack Warner and producer Henry Blanke about how they were making her look phony and like a bimbo.     I.e. Bette wished to be known for her acting chops and not her looks;  she didn't wish to be another Harlow. 

They listened and she had a more natural look after that.     Hey,  I find her attractive and I enjoy the overall look,  but Bette had a solid point so I'm glad they listened.

The fashions in the film are great.    I'm not really into fashion (that's my wife's territory) but we're friends with a fashion designer and we insisted he watch the film with us.  He was impressed.  

Fashions Of 1934 Bette Davis In A Suit By Orry-Kelly 1934 Photo Print (8 x  10) - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

• Like 3

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings