Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Robert Vaughn Alert

37kitties

We get a rarity at Noon today - just an hour plus from now.

The hit series The Man from U.N.C.L.E was so popular in the 60's that it put no less than 8 movies on cinema screens.

However, the reputedly best of the 8 was never released to cinema screens in North America. Only in Europe. The reasoning by the executives was that that one was pretty much a direct copy of a 2-part episode of the series and it was unlikely fans would want to pay for something they'd already seen for free. Reasonable thinking.

Well, TCM has it for us - The Spy in the Green Hat  (1966). It's the only U.N.C.L.E. movie I haven't see - so thank you, TCM.

In addition to the usual guys - McCallum, Vaughn and Leo G, there's Janet Leigh and Jack Palance in this one.

Vaughn was a prolific actor - he never stopped working. Check out his IMDb page - he has an incredible list of entries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Swithin said:

Robert Vaughn's performance in The Young Philadelphians (1959) is one of the great supporting performances, for which he was nominated for an Oscar.

gw312h397.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Very fine performance by Robert Vaughn in The Young Philadelphians,    but having only one-arm gives one a leg up when it comes to being nominated.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 37kitties said:

We get a rarity at Noon today - just an hour plus from now.

The hit series The Man from U.N.C.L.E was so popular in the 60's that it put no less than 8 movies on cinema screens.

However the reputedly best of the 8 was never released to cinema screens in North America. Only in Europe. The reasoning by the executives was that that one was pretty much a direct copy of a 2-part episode of the series and it was unlikely fans would want to pay for something they'd already seen for free. Reasonable thinking.

Well, TCM has it for us - The Spy in the Green Hat  (1966). It's the only U.N.C.L.E. movie I haven't see - so thank you, TCM.

In addition to the usual guys - McCallum, Vaughn and Leo G, there's Janet Leigh and Jack Palance in this one.

Vaughn was a prolific actor - he never stopped working. Check out his IMDb page - he has an incredible list of entries.

Goode Stuff.

Always Wished he woulda Showed Up in the Wild Wild West

Oh baby this is El Stinkeroo! I'm glad I DVRd this little gem because I fell asleep during llya Kuryakin torture scene. 

It starts out promising enough in such exotic locale as the Pacific Ocean Park (looking worse for wear). Then off to sunny "Sicily" which looks more like further south on the Cal coast with surfers in the background. Note the guy in the shot. No idea what he was doing hiding behind the Rover as it pulls away.

Later a geriatric squad of Mafioso are forced from retirement to find Solo for a shotgun wedding with a distant, and rather cute,  relative of theirs. The movie is an awful mess, I love it! If I can stay awake.

XlH726V.jpg

bWkXP4L.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NoShear said:

Use to do lunch with him:

H1097-L77923111.jpg

Take that lunch kit to school now and the FBI would be called in.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, NoShear said:

Use to do lunch with him:

H1097-L77923111.jpg

I still have my Wild Bill Hickok lunch box, scratched up and long filled with miscellaneous nails and screws. The thermos disappeared a long time ago. I was surprised to see it up for sale on ebay for $200.

Sold Price: Clean Wild Bill Hickok Tin Lunch Box - July 3, 0119 10:00 AM EDT

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheGrandMaster said:

I didn't know Robert Vaughn had his own alert. 

I do Not Say This to be an irreverent disrespectful, condescending smart alec; Nor is it the intent/purpose of this response/reply. Some Performers and Artists however ARE, Their Own Alert.

joaquin phoenix

Rooney Mara

Noomi Rapace

Robin Wright

(Possibly) Naomi Watts

Dorothy MaGuire (sp)

Glen Ford

Vaughn 

(Likely) Cary Grant

Vincent Price

Yvonne De Carlo

Maureen O'Hara 

Clint Eastwood

Anthony Quinn 

Lola Albright 

(Maybe) David Niven, Van Johnson , (and) or Gary Cooper

Among/In Lieu Of Others ..

1 hour ago, NoShear said:

Nowadays they pack real guns with their lunch.

Nowadays? Every pickup truck in the parking lot at my high school had at least one in a gun rack.

But nowadays "real" isn't  a requirement to go full moron. An image no matter how amateurish is sufficient, and what EVER you do don't do this. . . .

3FC65F77C45345B0B9F50D145960CA2C.ashx

It's WAYYYY more powerful than the single barrel model and will result in a county wide lock down!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Moe Howard said:

Here's a couple of videos you  might like.

Moe Howard,

Thank you!

According to the Web, POP had a relatively brief existence, 1958 to 1967. So I was a preteen when I visited it. The only memory of it that I have is King Neptune. Visitors would enter POP by going "underwater" and walking through Neptune's Kingdom, eventually encountering The King himself. For a small child, the experience was not a little bit frightening -- at least for me. Sad that POP had such a short, troubled run.

Growing up in L.A. during the 1960s, residents were blessed with several thrilling amusement parks, besides "The Magic Kingdom." My parents took my siblings and me to Knott's Berry Farm, Marineland, Jungleland, The Movieland Wax Museum (a particular favorite of mine),  Santa's Village, and of course, POP.

Good times!

• Like 2