Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New poll shows 78 percent are in favor of stronger voter ID laws

Americans support implementation of stricter voting laws, including voter ID requirements and restrictions on accepting ballots after Election Day, according to a new poll obtained by The Post Thursday.

The polling, commissioned by the Republican National Committee and conducted by former Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway, comes as Republicans have advocated for election reforms, with states including Florida, Georgia and Arizona passing stricter voting laws, which top Democrats have argued is a power grab to disenfranchise voters.

The phone survey — which was conducted June 8-June 13 with 800 registered voters, 31 percent of whom identify as Democrats, 29 percent as Republicans, and 36 percent as independents — found 80 percent of its participants feel verifying voter ID “is an important security measure,” while 89 percent said that they are in favor of “purging voter rolls” after individuals have died or are no longer registered in previous areas they resided in.

During an appearance with RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, Conway said that the changes in Georgia’s voting laws were “wildly popular because again, as you’ve seen in everybody’s polling including the media polling, large majorities of Americans favor voter ID.”

Everybody who votes needs to prove that they are who they say they are, this would remove 99% of the fraud in voting. We can't have people voting fifty times every election.

• Haha 3

Everyone has I.D. and everyone is capable of having their I.D. validate their right to vote - they just have to be a legitimate citizen.

Showing it to vote should be no issue. The only reason Democrats are against it is because they know it makes it more difficult for them to cheat. Unfortunately, at least a third of the population leans Democrat and they will never give up their impedance to a truthful vote count.

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

Americans support implementation of stricter voting laws, including voter ID requirements and restrictions on accepting ballots after Election Day, according to a new poll obtained by The Post Thursday.

The polling, commissioned by the Republican National Committee and conducted by former Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway, comes as Republicans have advocated for election reforms, with states including Florida, Georgia and Arizona passing stricter voting laws, which top Democrats have argued is a power grab to disenfranchise voters.

The phone survey — which was conducted June 8-June 13 with 800 registered voters, 31 percent of whom identify as Democrats, 29 percent as Republicans, and 36 percent as independents — found 80 percent of its participants feel verifying voter ID “is an important security measure,” while 89 percent said that they are in favor of “purging voter rolls” after individuals have died or are no longer registered in previous areas they resided in.

During an appearance with RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, Conway said that the changes in Georgia’s voting laws were “wildly popular because again, as you’ve seen in everybody’s polling including the media polling, large majorities of Americans favor voter ID.”

Everybody who votes needs to prove that they are who they say they are, this would remove 99% of the fraud in voting. We can't have people voting fifty times every election.

WHAT BS! McDaniel, of course would side with restrictive voting laws. the more the better!

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

of course they are. the vast majority of sane zmericans do not want ms13 berserker illegal scum voting in our elections.

Even if they're not berserk, I don't want non-citizens voting in our nation's elections. United States citizens only, thank you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What state does NOT require voter ID now?  I thought all of them did.

There is a difference between requiring voter ID and suppressing the right to vote.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

No document required to vote: California, New York, Oregon, Nevada, New Mexico, Vermont, Illinois, Mass, Vermont, and others. This is how elections are stolen and cheated on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

of course they are. the vast majority of sane zmericans do not want ms13 berserker illegal scum voting in our elections.

sic ICE on um!

:)

Maybe we should disqualify insurrectionists scum from voting And those that support them from voting in our election's .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

No document required to vote: California, New York, Oregon, Nevada, New Mexico, Vermont, Illinois, Mass, Vermont, and others. This is how elections are stolen and cheated on.

Not exactly.  While no photo ID may be required, other forms of verification are.  Signature matching to existing registration documentation, showing a voter registration document, etc.    https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/voter-id.aspx

In other words, you can't just walk in and vote.  Except states that permit same day registration and even then you have to have an accepted document to link your name and address to a government database.

MOST SIGNIFICANTLY!.  NONE OF THE STATES LISTED BY MM ARE ONES WHERE THE 2020 ELECTION IS BEING CONTESTED BY THE GOPERS AND TRUMPISTS!!!!!!!  He also listed Vermont twice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, Cigarjoe cellph said:

Maybe we should disqualify insurrectionists scum from voting And those that support them from voting in our election's .

Anyone who tried to overthrow the will of the people and the results of the 2020 election should be banned from voting once they are convicted.  This would include Donald Trump and  some GOP members of Congress.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, ElCid said:

Not exactly.  While no photo ID may be required, other forms of verification are.  Signature matching to existing registration documentation, showing a voter registration document, etc.    https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/voter-id.aspx

In other words, you can't just walk in and vote.  Except states that permit same day registration and even then you have to have an accepted document to link your name and address to a government database.

MOST SIGNIFICANTLY!.  NONE OF THE STATES LISTED BY MM ARE ONES WHERE THE 2020 ELECTION IS BEING CONTESTED BY THE GOPERS AND TRUMPISTS!!!!!!!  He also listed Vermont twice.

MM listed Vermont twice because there's twice as many Democrats there, he figures. Trump won exactly one county in that state in the election, while Biden walked away with 66% of the overall vote. He's still ticked the state gave Biden three electoral votes.

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, ElCid said:

Since I was old enough to vote, the district I lived in provided me with a voter registration card which proved I was a registered voter for that district.  And it also listed the polling location which was the only place I could cast my ballot.  And I, along with all others at that location were required to show that card that a polling worker would check against a list of names of people that were also registered to vote at that location.  No matching name meant no voting allowed for you.   Since my wife became disabled and I was unable to assist her in on site voting we(then now I)  have used absentee ballots.  The city mails my ballot to me on which I fill out my choices  then place them in a provided envelope which I seal shut and go to city hall and drop in a box just outside the city clerk's office.  

I see no way to cheat that system.  

Sepiatone

• Thanks 2

I don't know about the rest of these restrictions, but requiring a state approved ID to vote is just common sense. The state should not make these expensive or terribly difficult to obtain, but they should be required.

How would you like it if someone could just go into a bank and say - "Give me all of Bogie's money. I'm Bogie. I can't prove it. But trust me!"  I made this argument once on reddit, packed full of millennials and Generation Z, and they said "Whoever heard of going into a bank???" I think they have no idea that a bank sometimes has a physical presence with actual employees. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
18 hours ago, LsDoorMat said:

I don't know about the rest of these restrictions, but requiring a state approved ID to vote is just common sense. The state should not make these expensive or terribly difficult to obtain, but they should be required.

How would you like it if someone could just go into a bank and say - "Give me all of Bogie's money. I'm Bogie. I can't prove it. But trust me!"  I made this argument once on reddit, packed full of millennials and Generation Z, and they said "Whoever heard of going into a bank???" I think they have no idea that a bank sometimes has a physical presence with actual employees. 

Silly

18 hours ago, LsDoorMat said:

The discussion is not over requiring state approved ID, but how the regulations are used to suppress the vote.  It is difficult for many to obtain a "state approved ID,"  much more so than registering to vote in many cases.

As I noted, the source I cited states that all states require some form of "ID."  NO state just lets you walk in and say I am so and so and then vote.  There are methods to cast provisional votes, but then you have to come back or go to a central office with the necessary documentation.

In S.C. you have to have photo ID to vote which can be a state ID card or driver's license, VA card, military ID.   I used my military ID once and the poll worker wouldn't accept it because it did not have my address on it.  The name matched my name on voter list perfectly, but that was not acceptable to him.  He said he couldn't verify which ward I lived in.  Doesn't matter as all voters  in my town vote for all wards regardless of where they live.  The voting by ward is used solely to determine how many people voted in each ward.  Fortunately for him, another poll worker told him to accept the ID before I went to the poll manager and raised holy heck.  I had used my military ID in previous elections.

• Like 3

"Fake ID" back in the day referred to a phony driver's license .  I don't recall anybody trying to obtain or use a phony military ID.   And actually, I don't think your experience is that rare or unique.  That kind of poll worker's diligence is probably more widespread than the loser's of the last election would care to admit.  ;) 

Sepiatone 

• Like 1

There are millions of illegal voters that have no ID, so to say they already require it is laughable. As long as the state democrats get the results they want, they will not require voter ID.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, MovieMadness said:

There are millions of illegal voters that have no ID, so to say they already require it is laughable. As long as the state democrats get the results they want, they will not require voter ID.

Please repeat after me, MM:

Biden won the election.

Trump lost it.

There, that wasn't so difficult to say, was it? Okay, maybe it was a little tough for you the first time but keep repeating those words to yourself until one day you finally come to believe them. And then, guess what, you'll finally be in the world of reality.

Next up will be a real toughie for you, though, but I hope you can say it;

The Democrats are NOT responsible for every evil known to mankind.

I admit it might take a while before you really believe this one.

• Haha 4
8 minutes ago, TomJH said:

Please repeat after me, MM:

Biden won the election.

Trump lost it.

There, that wasn't so difficult to say, was it? Okay, maybe it was a little tough for you the first time but keep repeating those words to yourself until one day you finally come to believe them. And then, guess what, you'll finally be in the world of reality.

Next up will be a real toughie for you, though, but I hope you can say it;

The Democrats are NOT responsible for every evil known to mankind.

I admit it might take a while before you really believe this one.

Don't count on it! LOL.

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, MovieMadness said:

There was no evidence of that whatsoever.  It is all in MyPillow Guy's head.

I recall you joking about how Hillary Clinton supporters cried after she lost and ridiculing them for being sore losers.  The 2020 election was 9 months ago!  Your guy lost to an 80 year-old who campaigned from his basement and it wasn't even close.  Stop whining like a little baby about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Trying following along on the news, I already posted about Georgia losing thousands of votes alone due to no ID. Across the entire US it amounts to millions.

Georgia removes 100,000 names from voter registration rolls

You have to be real and have ID to vote, it makes sense. Nobody should vote fifty times.

1 hour ago, MovieMadness said:

You are confused again.  Voter ID is required in order to register to vote.  You seem to be confusing voter ID with picture ID which is not required everywhere.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, MovieMadness said:

Trying following along on the news, I already posted about Georgia losing thousands of votes alone due to no ID. Across the entire US it amounts to millions.

You have to be real and have ID to vote, it makes sense. Nobody should vote fifty times.

What is the source of the above statement.  Here again you are confusing different topics.  These people were not removed for not having an ID - they were removed for other reasons the same as every state does periodically.

Regardless, Trump lost because he was stupid for four years as president and did some really, really, really dumb things.  In addition, his supporters compounded Trump's stupidities and together they OFFENDED THE MAJORITY OF VOTERS IN THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE AS WELL AS THE GENERAL VOTE.   ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE AFTER MULTIPLE INVESTIGATIONS, RECOUNTS, AUDITS, ETC. AND MILLIONS OF DOLLARS THAT SHOWED IMPROPER VOTES THAT WOULD HAVE CHANGED A SINGLE ELECTION.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So each state we can safely assume has as many as Georgia, so 100,000 times 50 states equals 5 million names. California and New York probably have two to three million each. That's almost 7 million bad names on the rolls for voting, and this is proof enough. Illegal voting through absentee ballots, that is why Trump was leading after normal ballots were counted and then overnight the democrats produced all the illegal absentee ballots. Democrats planned this early when they could use Covid as an excuse to expand absentee voting, and thus people were able to vote multiple times for Biden with various names and addresses. Democrats were even caught on voter drives filling out the absentee registrations themselves.