• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

James Bond Trivia

cinemaman

On 10/31/2021 at 10:15 AM, Peebs said:

Happy Halloween, NS!  

JAWS MASK – RICHARD KIEL – USA | Richard kiel, James bond, Bond

I have an image that Sol "Horror" Horowitz is a Russian: I want you to name the movie where a Russian soldier has creepy fake teeth not unlike the "Horror" character.

Also, as this movie is not James Bond-related, I will throw in an indirect Bond link: The love interest of one of the aforementioned film's lead characters was played by a woman with an indirect tie to James Bond vis-a-vis Daniel Craig - name the movie!!

1 hour ago, NoShear said:

I have an image that Sol "Horror" Horowitz is a Russian: I want you to name the movie where a Russian soldier has creepy fake teeth not unlike the "Horror" character.

Also, as this movie is not James Bond-related, I will throw in an indirect Bond link: The love interest of one of the aforementioned film's lead characters was played by a woman with an indirect tie to James Bond vis-a-vis Daniel Craig - name the movie!!

Is it Enemies at the Gates (2001)?  It co-starred Rachel Weiss who is married to Daniel Craig.  Ron Perlman played the Russian with scary chompers.

10 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Is it Enemies at the Gates (2001)?  It co-starred Rachel Weiss who is married to Daniel Craig.  Ron Perlman played the Russian with scary chompers.

I've got my sights set on Peebs when choosing sides.

Yours...

• Haha 1

...if you haven't yet seen, Peebs.

Yes, I saw it when it came out but I remember it being a pretty good movie.

I'm going to leave the thread open.  Maybe Bunny or Cinema have an idea for a question or if you want to post another.

• Like 1

My  Thanks  to  NoShear  and  Peebs  next:  Bernard  Lee  was  in  a  Disney  movie  based  on  a  Robert  Louis  Stevenson  novel.  1.  please  name  the  movie  2.  name  this  cast  member  Howard  Beale  (  character  clue)  3.  Danny  Williams  (  character  clue)  4.  Lawrence  of  Arabia  (  character  clue)   5.  Menelaus  from  Helen of  Troy  ( character  clue) . Thanks

• Like 1

Thanks, Cinema! 

Next: Sticking with Disney

Timothy Dalton has also appeared in a few Disney movies.  Name the movies in which Dalton:

1.  Played an actor who was a secret Nazi spy

2. Played a character named "Mr. Pricklepants"

• Like 2

Dalton played Nazi spy Neville Sinclair in The Rocketeer (1981). The story goes that Neville Sinclair was based on swashbuckling Errol Flynn who was thought by some to be a Nazi spy. The film is based on a graphic novel. The damsel in distress, Jenny Blake in the film, is called Betty Page in the book because the author, Dave Stevens, was a friend of the pin-up queen Bettie Page. She disallowed use of the name in the film.

tumblr_p74rltaV2r1we0p6lo1_640.jpg

Mr. Pricklepants is from the Toy Story franchise. I think the character debuted in the third movie. I read an interesting tie-in of these two characters (if you can imagine there would be such a thing). It seems Mr. Pricklepants is a premium import plushie made in Germany and part of the Waldfreunde collection, but I don't think it's a product of Steiff. Small world, or evil plan?

a0468c3f-f52a-4b01-97c4-8bdc170446d9.jpg

• Like 3

Thank you, Peebs!

Here's a two-parter:

1. The November Man (2014) has some interesting trivia surrounding the casting of the main character that relates to our Bonds. What is it?

2. The movie features three cast members from Bond-films. Who, and which films?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BunnyWhit said:

Thank you, Peebs!

Here's a two-parter:

1. The November Man (2014) has some interesting trivia surrounding the casting of the main character that relates to our Bonds. What is it?

2. The movie features three cast members from Bond-films. Who, and which films?

An ex-James Bond, Pierce Brosnan, plays an ex-CIA man and takes Quantum of Solace's Olga Kurylenko with him. The November Man, like James Bond before him, was borne of a series of novels.

2 minutes ago, NoShear said:

An ex-James Bond, Pierce Brosnan, plays an ex-CIA man and takes Quantum of Solace's Olga Kurylenko with him. The November Man, like James Bond before him, was borne of a series of novels.

2 hours ago, BunnyWhit said:

Re: "2. The movie features three cast members from Bond-films. Who, and which films?" 

Don't know the third James Bond actor.

Thanks, NoShear and Peebs! You two got all the actors. 

Interesting trivia: Daniel Craig was originally cast to play Devereaux, but other commitments ran long for him, and recasting was necessary. Director Roger Donaldson was so set on having a Bond play the lead that he actually approached Connery, but he was too old for this level of action. Brosnan got wind of this and lobbied for the part. Later, Donaldson said Brosnan's work on this film was his best.

It's anyone's thread...... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BunnyWhit said:

Re: "Interesting trivia: Daniel Craig was originally cast to play Devereaux, but other commitments ran long for him, and recasting was necessary. Director Roger Donaldson was so set on having a Bond play the lead that he actually approached Connery, but he was too old for this level of action. Brosnan got wind of this and lobbied for the part. Later, Donaldson said Brosnan's work on this film was his best."

You leave me feeling like I just take a peek under the water, BunnyWhit, while you dive all the way to the bottom!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BunnyWhit said:

Re: "It's anyone's thread......"

THE SPY WHO LOVED ME is said to have been written in January and February of 1961: What international-level event occurred shorty before those early '61 months which may have influenced Ian Fleming's mode of transportation choice for his protagonist in the 1962 novel??

16 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Bond drives a Ford Thunderbird.  The car was featured in JFK's 1961 inaugural parade. Robert McNamara, who was an executive at Ford, became the Secretary of Defense. The car was also an Indianapolis 500 pace car in 1961.

TheSixthFloorMuseum on Twitter: "#OTD in 1903, @Ford took its first order.  The Ford #Thunderbird was a fav of #JFK, fifty 1961 #T-birds were part of  his inaugural parade.… https://t.co/tnVVuHz7fc"

Thank you for the interesting information here, Peebs, but that's not what I am looking for. I will rephrase here:

THE SPY WHO LOVED ME is said to have been written in January and February of 1961. The main protagonist of the novel's mode of transportation might have been influenced by what international-level event which occurred shortly before Ian Fleming is said to have written the '62 Bond book??

Thank you for the interesting information here, Peebs, but that's not what I am looking for. I will rephrase here:

THE SPY WHO LOVED ME is said to have been written in January and February of 1961. The main protagonist of the novel's mode of transportation might have been influenced by what international-level event which occurred shortly before Ian Fleming is said to have written the '62 Bond book??

Ok, you must be referring to Vivienne Michel rather James Bond. 

I'm not sure about her mode of transportation.  A Vespa?  Maybe someone else can jump in...

1 hour ago, Peebs said:

Ok, you must be referring to Vivienne Michel rather James Bond. 

I'm not sure about her mode of transportation.  A Vespa?  Maybe someone else can jump in...

Yes, Peebs, Vivienne Michel on her Vespa: Run with that information...

Yes, Peebs, Vivienne Michel on her Vespa: Run with that information...

I'm afraid I've hit a wall, no more running for me. (I thought maybe something to do with the Profumo affair but wrong year.  Something to do with the Cold War?  Pop culture? )

Maybe Bunny will have an idea...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings