Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

James Bond Trivia

cinemaman

3 minutes ago, NoShear said:

I knew you could come up with it, Peebs!!

You are very kind.  Whew!

Next:  Here is a pretty easy one, I think.

Going back to Disney films, in what Disney movie did Sean Connery appear early in his career?  Also, some of his co-stars did not receive screen credit.  What characters or kind of characters did they play and why did Disney not give them screen credit?

1 minute ago, Peebs said:

Going back to Disney films, in what Disney movie did Sean Connery appear early in his career?  Also, some of his co-stars did not receive screen credit.  What characters or kind of characters did they play and why did Disney not give them screen credit?

I'm going to have to look it up, Peebs, but it is a shamrock-y, leprechaun affair from the late 1950s (read: pre-Bond Connery) if I'm not  mistaken...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peebs said:

I'd forgotten the name of the movie:

th?id=OIP.4qWUgx10VGTTsVixu-UWqQHaF0&pid=Api&P=0&w=198&h=155

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Peebs said:

My guess is that the uncredited actors played leprechauns such as the little people who did and ...didn't get credited in ****...

• Like 2

Re: "My guess is that the uncredited actors played leprechauns such as the little people who did and ...didn't get credited in ****..."

Please forgive the "little people" comment. In no way do I mean to demean: Billy Curtis was nice to me.

s-l300.jpg

18 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Interesting to think of his "Scotland Forever" tattoo in the context of Darby O'Gill..., Peebs.

Correct! It was Darby O'Gill and the Little People.  (A good movie, IMO. )  Disney did not give onscreen credit to the actors playing leprechauns to give the impression that they had hired "real" leprechauns.  Yes, a very Scottish Connery (as Michael McBride) was in a very Irish movie.  🍀  Wasn't he an Irish cop in The Untouchables?

Your thread...

2 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Re: "Your thread..."

With us dropping green here, Peebs, how about this: color association...

Name the James Bond movie or movies associated with the following colors:

gold - name at least three + the one of the three which might be described as silver 'n' gold

red  -  name the first two Bond films where red might be described as the primary color

white - the two similarly-themed ones

yellow - the first one with it as its "primary color"

With us dropping green here, Peebs, how about this: color association...

Name the James Bond movie or movies associated with the following colors:

gold - name at least three + the one of the three which might be described as silver 'n' gold

red  -  name the first two Bond films where red might be described as the primary color

white - the two similarly-themed ones

yellow - the first one with it as its "primary color"

Forgot to include: the first one with orange as its "primary color"...

Is this kind of where you're going, NoShear? (I'll start then hit the hay -- I tend to free-associate rather, uh, freely, when I'm sleepy.)

gold:

Goldfinger (1964), The Man with the Golden Gun (1974), GoldenEye (1995)

gold and silver:

Quantum of Solace (2008) -- The antagonists meet in the Atacama Desert, a gold and silver mining region

the Royal Mint released gold and silver bullion in celebration of the 25th -- silver anniversary -- James Bond film, No Time to Die (2021)

newFile-7.jpg?width=1200

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BunnyWhit said:

Is this kind of where you're going, NoShear? (I'll start then hit the hay -- I tend to free-associate rather, uh, freely, when I'm sleepy.)

gold:

Goldfinger (1964), The Man with the Golden Gun (1974), GoldenEye (1995)

gold and silver:

Quantum of Solace (2008) -- The antagonists meet in the Atacama Desert, a gold and silver mining region

the Royal Mint released gold and silver bullion in celebration of the 25th -- silver anniversary -- James Bond film, No Time to Die (2021)

newFile-7.jpg?width=1200

There's gold in them answers of yours, BunnyWhit: I'm going to let Auric Goldfinger's obsession negate any further time with this question(s) as it didn't seem a very popular one.

8 hours ago, BunnyWhit said:

Re: "gold and silver:

the Royal Mint released gold and silver bullion in celebration of the 25th -- silver anniversary -- James Bond film, No Time to Die (2021)"

I was thinking the good guy's silver of Bond versus the bad guy gold of Auric in GOLDFINGER, BunnyWhit, but there's more depth to your Bond knowledge as previously pointed out...

A beautiful bastardization of the two:

goldfingerastonmartindb5.jpg

Again, BunnyWhit, your thread...

That was some great teamwork, NoShear! 

In thinking about the gold in your question, I did think of a couple other little items. A couple of James Bond actors have a "golden" connection in a couple other films. A classic Bond and a newer Bond. Does it ring any bells for anyone? 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BunnyWhit said:

That was some great teamwork, NoShear! 

In thinking about the gold in your question, I did think of a couple other little items. A couple of James Bond actors have a "golden" connection in a couple other films. A classic Bond and a newer Bond. Does it ring any bells for anyone? 

How about:

Daniel Craig was in The Golden Compass (2007).  Eva Green (Vesper Lynd) and Christopher Lee (Francisco Scaramanga) were also in that movie.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BunnyWhit said:

Re: "In thinking about the gold in your question, I did think of a couple other little items. A couple of James Bond actors have a "golden" connection in a couple other films. A classic Bond and a newer Bond. Does it ring any bells for anyone?"

Gold (1974) - Roger Moore!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BunnyWhit said:

Thanks, Peebs and NoShear! You both gave excellent answers. I also discovered that Daniel Craig sings "Goldmine in the Sky" in Infamous (2006). Who knew?!

The thread is up for grabs.

Edge to Peebs, BunnyWhit: She always gives more in-depth answers vis-a-vis my superficial gildings.

4 hours ago, NoShear said:

Edge to Peebs, BunnyWhit: She always gives more in-depth answers vis-a-vis my superficial gildings.

Thanks, NoShear.  Although I think Bunny is the champ of in-depth Bond answers.  

Next:   I just ran across this trying to come up with a question.  Which James Bond actor played the character on a BBC sketch comedy show years before taking the role?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Re: "Next:   I just ran across this trying to come up with a question.  Which James Bond actor played the character on a BBC sketch comedy show years before taking the role?"

Wow, Peebs: What a great question!!

• Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings