Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

James Bond Trivia

cinemaman

6 hours ago, cinemaman said:

Thanks  Peebs  next:  Roger  Moore  was  in  a television  adventure  series  in  the  early  Seventies.  1.  please  name  the  show 2.  name  his  famous  co-star.  Thanks

The Persuaders! (Tony Curtis)

• Like 1

Dirk Bogarde starred in Agent 8 3/4 (1964) and Modesty Blaise (1966), while James Coburn did a spoofy spy turn in Our Man Flint (1966) and In Like Flint (1967). I think Bogarde would have been a much better Bond than was George Lazenby, but the pity is that his "proclivities" would never had permitted. He certainly had the looks and suavity though.

img_77-1.jpg?itok=jycwDh2O

• Like 1

Merci  Beaucoup  BunnyWhit  next:   John  le  Carre  is  another  great  spy  novelist  like  Ian  Fleming.  In  1965  one  his  best spy  novels  was  made  into  a  movie.  Please  name  the  film  and  the  top  three  stars  of  this  film.  Thanks

From John le Carré's 1963 novel of the same name, it's The Spy Who Came In from the Cold (1965), directed by Martin Ritt and starring Richard Burton, Claire Bloom, Sam Wanamaker, and Oskar Werner. It's le Carré's third novel, the one with which he really exploded onto the scene. I think his first two novels were written under a pseudonym, which I would expect as he was working at MI5/6 in the 50's and 60's. 

• Like 1

Bernard  Lee   M   Dr.No  1962   to  Moonraker  1979    Walter  Gotell   Morzeny  in  From  Russia  With  Love  1963   General  Gogol   The  Spy  Who  Loved  Me 1977   Moonraker  1979   For  Your  Eyes  Only   1981   Octopussy  1983   Thanks

Thanks  BunnyWhit  next:  Did  you  know  that  Ian  Fleming  created  two  characters  for  an  popular American  Spy  television  series. Please  name  this  series  in  the  Sixties  timeframe , name  the  two  characters  and  the  stars  who  played  them.  Thanks

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cinemaman said:

Re: Thanks  BunnyWhit  next:  Did  you  know  that  Ian  Fleming  created  two  characters  for  an  popular American  Spy  television  series. Please  name  this  series  in  the  Sixties  timeframe , name  the  two  characters  and  the  stars  who  played  them.  Thanks"

The Man from U.N.C.L.E.Napoleon Solo (Robert Vaughn) and April Dancer (Mary Ann Mobley and Stephanie Powers)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cinemaman said:

Re: "NoShear  you  scored  an  100  percent  on this  quiz. Great  job  NoShear ,  its  your  turn. Thanks"

Thanks, cinemaman! In keeping with BunnyWhit's spy spoof theme of late, and I apologize if the following comedy has already been dropped...

This British film was known by one title in Europe and another in the United States;the U.S. title sounded like James Bond had been crossed with a Federico Fellini movie - name it!!

• Like 1

The  movie  Hot  Enough  For  June  or  Agent  8 3/4   1964   Agent  8 3/4  had  an  very  good  cast  for  this  movie. The  movie  had  Dirk  Bogarde ,  Sylva  Koscina,  Robert  Morley,  Leo  McKern   and  Noel  Harrison  in  the cast.  Fellini  8  1/2  the  classic  Italian  film  had  Marcello  Mastroianni,  Claudia  Cardinale  and  Anouk  Aimee  in it. Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cinemaman said:

Re: "The  movie  Hot  Enough  For  June  or  Agent  8 3/4   1964   Agent  8 3/4  had  an  very  good  cast  for  this  movie. The  movie  had  Dirk  Bogarde ,  Sylva  Koscina,  Robert  Morley,  Leo  McKern   and  Noel  Harrison  in  the cast.  Fellini  8  1/2  the  classic  Italian  film  had  Marcello  Mastroianni,  Claudia  Cardinale  and  Anouk  Aimee  in it. Thanks"

As with BunnyWhit and Peebs, you always go the extra distance, cinemaman: Great job!

Back to the topic's owner...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cinemaman said:

Re: "The  movie  Hot  Enough  For  June  or  Agent  8 3/4   1964   Agent  8 3/4  had  an  very  good  cast  for  this  movie. The  movie  had  Dirk  Bogarde ,  Sylva  Koscina,  Robert  Morley,  Leo  McKern   and  Noel  Harrison  in  the cast.  Fellini  8  1/2  the  classic  Italian  film  had  Marcello  Mastroianni,  Claudia  Cardinale  and  Anouk  Aimee  in it. Thanks"

I thought of the question of late after seeing the American title on the marquee of a theater of my youth, the Topanga Theatre in Woodland Hills, CA...

At your convenience, BunnyWhit, cinemaman and Peebs, please see my latest THE POST AN INTERESTING PIC THREAD post - thanks!!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings