Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

James Bond Trivia

cinemaman

Thanks  NoShear next:  Sean  Connery  was  in  a  Louis  L'Amour  Western  in  the  late  Sixties  timeframe.  Please  name  the  movie,  name  the  two  James  Bonds  stars  in  the  movie and   the   four  top  stars  in  the  picture.  Thanks

• Like 1

Eric Pohlman [Erich Pollak] was an Austro-Hungarian born in Vienna in 1913. He voiced the unseen character of Blofeld in From Russia with Love (1963) and Thunderball (1965). 

The little bit I've read about Pohlman indicates that he lead a very interesting life. He and his first wife, actress Lieselotte Goettinger, went into exile in London in 1939, were both detained in internment camp until 1941, and upon their release earned wages in service to the house of the Duke of Bedford. After Goettinger's death in 1968, Pohlman married Lili Stern (Lili Stern-Pohlman). They were married until Pohlman's death in 1979.

Pohlman was a rather prolific actor, typically playing the role of the bad guy or detectives/police officers owing to his large and imposing frame. But he was classically trained and actually began his career on the London stage. His work was well regarded.

I am particularly interested in Lili Stern-Pohlman who passed away in September of this year at the age of 91. She was made an MBE in 2020. She and her mother were the only Holocaust survivors in a family of over 300 extended members. She was great friends with Polish humanitarian Irena Sendler. Stern-Pohlman dedicated her life to Holocaust education. What an inspiration.

• Like 3

Good morning, NoShear. I'm going to go with close enough!

Kim Basinger is a definite yes. Halle Berry is a very good call. Perhaps the "Batman production" aspect of this one made it a little bit of a tricky question. The actress I was thinking of is Jill St. John. She was in Diamonds are Forever (1971), and here she is in the pilot of the Batman series from 1966. Crazy, right? Those guys in the background crack me up. Take the thread, NoShear.... 

03c89d37d0cf1be10418adbe5bd372b5.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BunnyWhit said:

Good morning, NoShear. I'm going to go with close enough!

Kim Basinger is a definite yes. Halle Berry is a very good call. Perhaps the "Batman production" aspect of this one made it a little bit of a tricky question. The actress I was thinking of is Jill St. John. She was in Diamonds are Forever (1971), and here she is in the pilot of the Batman series from 1966. Crazy, right? Those guys in the background crack me up. Take the thread, NoShear.... 

03c89d37d0cf1be10418adbe5bd372b5.jpg

Good morning, BunnyWhit, and thanks for giving me leniency on this one: Of course, Jill St. John - holy oversight, BATMAN!! 

• Haha 1

A pair of disclaimers for this next question: I apologize if this coming question has already been discussed, and I'm going to be lenient myself if multiple answers show up...

Product Placement - AMF-Voit and Corgi have already been dropped by me if I correctly recall but not sure if this one has: Name both the sporting goods line which factors in one of the James Bond films where one of the company's products is actually mentioned by name in the course of a scene and the name of the Bond flick.

On 11/19/2021 at 11:33 AM, NoShear said:

A pair of disclaimers for this next question: I apologize if this coming question has already been discussed, and I'm going to be lenient myself if multiple answers show up...

Product Placement - AMF-Voit and Corgi have already been dropped by me if I correctly recall but not sure if this one has: Name both the sporting goods line which factors in one of the James Bond films where one of the company's products is actually mentioned by name in the course of a scene and the name of the Bond flick.

OK, how about...

Slazenger (a British sporting goods company) is mentioned in Goldfinger's golf scene where Bond switches balls.  Bond is even wearing a Slazenger sweater.

Slazenger Heritage | Sport legends and iconic jumpers  Slazenger golf ball in GOLDFINGER (1964) #Slazenger

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peebs said:

OK, how about...

Slazenger (a British sporting goods company) is mentioned in Goldfinger's golf scene where Bond switches balls.  Bond is even wearing a Slazenger sweater.

Slazenger Heritage | Sport legends and iconic jumpers  Slazenger golf ball in GOLDFINGER (1964) #Slazenger

Yep! (I figured you would provide some visuals a la BunnyWhit - thanks, Peebs.)

Yours...

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, cinemaman said:

Thanks  Peebs  next  There  was  an  British  movie  about  the  sinking  of  the  Titanic.  Please  name  the  film ,  the  Bond  girl  in  the  movie and  the  Man  From  Uncle/ NCIS  star. Thanks

A Night to Remember (1958) with Honor Blackman and David McCallum 

• Like 2

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings