Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

James Bond Trivia


cinemaman
 Share

Recommended Posts

In  the  movie  Thunderball  the  role  of   Domino  was  going  to  played   by  Julie  Christie .  The  producers  changed  their  minds ,  Raquel Welch  name  was  brought up  to  play  Domino ,  but  she could  not  do the  role .  Raquel  was  tried  up  with  the movie  Fantastic  Voyage .  Faye  Dunaway  was  also  being  considered  for  role of  Domino.  Luciana  Paluzzi    tried  for  the part  of  Domino,  but  was  cast  as  Fiona  Volpe.  Please  name  the  actress  who  played  the  role  of  Domino .   Bonus  question  what  singer sang  the  theme  song  for  Thunderball.  Thanks

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, cinemaman said:

In  the  movie  Thunderball  the  role  of   Domino  was  going  to  played   by  Julie  Christie .  The  producers  changed  their  minds ,  Raquel Welch  name  was  brought up  to  play  Domino ,  but  she could  not  do the  role .  Raquel  was  tried  up  with  the movie  Fantastic  Voyage .  Faye  Dunaway  was  also  being  considered  for  role of  Domino.  Luciana  Paluzzi    tried  for  the part  of  Domino,  but  was  cast  as  Fiona  Volpe.  Please  name  the  actress  who  played  the  role  of  Domino .   Bonus  question  what  singer sang  the  theme  song  for  Thunderball.  Thanks

 Claudine Auger and Tom Jones

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cinemaman said:

That  is  the  correct  answers.  Good  work  NoShear,  the thread  is  yours.  Thanks

 Thank you for the compliment and, again, this topic, cinemaman...

 After reading YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE, I could think of only one scene in the 1967 adaptation of the novel which matched the greater threat to James Bond in the 1964 book - this is what I was partially playing on with my earlier "trajectory" description of the '67 movie where, instead, the focus of the book was shifted to space. Name the scene.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NoShear said:

 Re: "After reading YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE, I could think of only one scene in the 1967 adaptation of the novel which matched the greater threat to James Bond in the 1964 book - this is what I was partially playing on with my earlier "trajectory" description of the '67 movie where, instead, the focus of the book was shifted to space. Name the scene."

 Be thinking a pathway to death in the film - not Blofeld/nor space...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Re: "Not sure but Is it the threat of a nuclear attack between the U.S. and USSR?"

  Hey, Peebs -

 No, but here's some more info: being poisoned by something in the book's Garden of Death is a possibility, and there is only one scene in the '67 film that I can think of that comes anywhere close to the Garden of Death...   

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, NoShear said:

  Hey, Peebs -

 No, but here's some more info: being poisoned by something in the book's Garden of Death is a possibility, and there is only one scene in the '67 film that I can think of that comes anywhere close to the Garden of Death...   

 Upon further thinking, Peebs, there is death by piranha in both book and film if I correctly recall;however, this is not the scene nor theme I'm searching...

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, NoShear said:

  Hey, Peebs -

 No, but here's some more info: being poisoned by something in the book's Garden of Death is a possibility, and there is only one scene in the '67 film that I can think of that comes anywhere close to the Garden of Death...   

Ok, I'm just wildly guessing at this point, but is it the scene where James is sleeping and an assassin drips poison down a thread?  After Bond moves in his sleep the poison goes into his sleeping partner, Aki?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Peebs said:

Ok, I'm just wildly guessing at this point, but is it the scene where James is sleeping and an assassin drips poison down a thread?  After Bond moves in his sleep the poison goes into his sleeping partner, Aki?

  Absolutely, Peebs! Death by poison is one of the primary paths of death in the book;however, the Aki/Bond scene is the only reference to poison I can recall with the movie.

 Your thread yet again, Peebs...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, NoShear said:

  Re: "Death by poison is one of the primary paths of death in the book..."

 A stroll in the Garden of Death is a potentially lethal one.

 As an example: Without giving much away with the novel, James Bond has to spend some of a night in a tool shed located in the Garden of Death, and I read this section in anticipation of an encounter with a black widow spider for Bond...

                                                                                                88ea82a6ae5cd6ca788b9addf1e81107.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, NoShear said:

  Absolutely, Peebs! Death by poison is one of the primary paths of death in the book;however, the Aki/Bond scene is the only reference to poison I can recall with the movie.

 Your thread yet again, Peebs...

Whew!  Thanks for holding my hand through that one, NoShear.

 

Next:  On the Tv show Climax! , a 1954 episode presented a version of Casino Royale.  What familiar actor played the villain, Le Chiffre?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Whew!  Thanks for holding my hand through that one, NoShear.

 

Next:  On the Tv show Climax! , a 1954 episode presented a version of Casino Royale.  What familiar actor played the villain, Le Chiffre?

 I only know Barry Nelson as the first Bond - I think, so I would be cheating to look up Le Chiffre. Someone else will have to weigh in...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, NoShear said:

 I only know Barry Nelson as the first Bond - I think, so I would be cheating to look up Le Chiffre. Someone else will have to weigh in...

Yes, Barry Nelson played Bond in this version of Casino Royale.  The familiar actor playing Le Chiffre was born in Austria-Hungary in 1904.  He was a regular in Warner Brothers movies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Peebs said:

Re: "Yes, Barry Nelson played Bond in this version of Casino Royale.  The familiar actor playing Le Chiffre was born in Austria-Hungary in 1904."

 I feel embarrassed that I had to look up the actor who played the first Bond villain, Peebs, but thanks for the prompting to watch it!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Re: "Yes, Barry Nelson played Bond in this version of Casino Royale.  The familiar actor playing Le Chiffre was born in Austria-Hungary in 1904."

 Interesting to note, Peebs: The Felix Leiter character was first introduced in LIVE AND LET DIE (1954) to my knowledge, but a "Clarence Leiter" is Bond's contact in the CLIMAX! production - broadcast just later that very year!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, cinemaman said:

Sean  Connery   was  in  the  movie  Murder  On  the  Orient  Express  1974.  Which  James  Bond  movie  where  he  road  the  Orient Express.  Thanks

 From Russia With Love

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

© 2022 Turner Classic Movies Inc. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...