Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

James Bond Trivia

cinemaman

Thanks  to  BunnyWhit  and  Peebs.  next:  James  Bond  Star  Lana   Wood   was  on  the  popular  spy  show  Mission  Impossible.  Please  name  the  actresses  who  played  these  parts  1.  Cinnamon  Carter  2.  Dana  Lambert  3.  Lisa  Casey    4.  please  name  the  Star  Trek  actor  who  was  on this  show.     Bonus  Question  name  the  Law  and  Order  star who  was  on  the  show.  Thanks

1. Cinnamon Carter -- played by Barbara Bain (Mrs. Martin Landau)

2. Dana Lambert -- played by Lesley Ann Warren; succeeded Cinnamon Carter

3. Lisa Casey -- played by Lynda Day George; succeeded Dana Lambert

4. Star Trek actor -- Leonard Nimoy 

Bonus. Law and Order actor -- Steven Hill

• Like 1

Apologies to Bunny and Cinema for the detour but has anyone else seen the latest Bond movie?

I finally saw No Time To Die (2021).  The reviews were so-so but it wasn't bad.  It's the last Bond movie for Daniel Craig.  The gangs all here:  M, Q, Moneypenny, Felix and even Blofeld. Rami Malek  plays a villain with ties to Bond's love interest.  (We had a little trouble deciphering his mumbly delivery.) Yes, there is a female 007 replacing the briefly retired Bond.  Overall, entertaining if a little long.  There are some spoilers that I won't go into.  I'll admit there are some plot points that we were a little fuzzy on but what the hell, it's a Bond movie.  

Back to regular programming!  

Thanks for this Breaking News Update, Peebs.

I have yet to see it. I suspect you'll understand when I say that I'm afraid to see it. I'm not sure how I feel about a female 007. Well, that's not really true. I do know how I feel about it -- I don't like it. I don't know if they feel it is truly the politically correct thing to do, or if they simply feel societally pressured to go through what they think are the politically correct motions. I understand that today's sensibilities take offense to a Flemingesque Bond, but it seems that those in charge of carrying the franchise forward are throwing out the "Bond with the bathwater". I believe a character can be preserved as originally written while still growing, changing, mellowing, and responding to the social mores of the times as they change. That's what we like to call a well-rounded, fully-fleshed character, and it is a cinematic rarity these days. I hoped the franchise would continue with a James Bond rather than replacing him with a Jane Bond. If James Bond is a "sexist, misogynist dinosaur", let him learn to be better. Don't throw him in the dustbin. 

For what it's worth...

• Like 1

Thanks, Cinemaman! I should watch some Mission: Impossible episodes. I've not seen the program since its original run days, and I don't remember very much of it. 

A Bond girl stars in an early 2000s spoofy film. Name the actress, the film, and character traits that cross over from her Bond role. 

10 hours ago, BunnyWhit said:

Thanks for this Breaking News Update, Peebs.

I have yet to see it. I suspect you'll understand when I say that I'm afraid to see it. I'm not sure how I feel about a female 007. Well, that's not really true. I do know how I feel about it -- I don't like it. I don't know if they feel it is truly the politically correct thing to do, or if they simply feel societally pressured to go through what they think are the politically correct motions. I understand that today's sensibilities take offense to a Flemingesque Bond, but it seems that those in charge of carrying the franchise forward are throwing out the "Bond with the bathwater". I believe a character can be preserved as originally written while still growing, changing, mellowing, and responding to the social mores of the times as they change. That's what we like to call a well-rounded, fully-fleshed character, and it is a cinematic rarity these days. I hoped the franchise would continue with a James Bond rather than replacing him with a Jane Bond. If James Bond is a "sexist, misogynist dinosaur", let him learn to be better. Don't throw him in the dustbin. 

For what it's worth...

I completely agree.  I decided not to see it in the theater after reading the mediocre reviews and the reports of PC tweaking.  I think the PC aspect was overstated or perhaps some of it was edited out or toned down after getting some backlash.  The Bond series has made a lot of money over the 50+ years so I supect the powers that be won't tinker too much with success.   Bond has "evolved" somewhat over the years, things like no smoking, less sleeping around.  Still my favorite Bond movies are the early ones.

NoTime To Die starts out with Bond being retired and that's why there's a new 007.   Yes, you can hear the wheels of the screenwriter's mind working:  "We'll replace Bond with a black woman rather than another white guy!"   Once Bond is back in action, the new 007 realizes that he is as good as his repuation and asks M to reinstate Bond as 007.   The female agent does fight along side him but she does not factor that much into the story.   I wonder if  some of her scenes were written or edited out.   Two other women, including Bond's love interest, more than hold their own in action scenes.  There's also a brief mention of Q  getting ready for a romantic dinner with a "him."   Not the best Bond movie but better than I expected.  I'll probably forget much of it in the long run.  Again there are some spoilers that I won't go into that were...surprising.

The film ends with "James Bond will return" not "007 will return."   We'll have to wait and see who is chosen to replace Daniel Craig.  I think that'll be a huge clue to the direction of the franchise.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BunnyWhit said:

Thanks, Cinemaman! I should watch some Mission: Impossible episodes. I've not seen the program since its original run days, and I don't remember very much of it. 

A Bond girl stars in an early 2000s spoofy film. Name the actress, the film, and character traits that cross over from her Bond role. 

Back to the game...

On 1/4/2022 at 12:25 AM, BunnyWhit said:

Hi Bunny!  I'm stumped.  I looked at several early 2000's spoofs (Johnny English, Austin Powers:  Goldmember, Agent Cody Banks, Cats & Dogs...)  but can't really find anything.    I looked up some Bond girls but the closest I came was Teri Hatcher is in Spy Kids.  I have a feeling that I am missing something obvious.

Could you post a hint about the movie or actress?

Sure thing, Peebs!

There was an anthology TV series that ran for one season in the mid-50s, and a more successful story-driven series that ran for three years in the 60s, both with the same name as this movie.

That's the one, RJ! 

I Spy (2002) takes place mostly in Budapest, but the film does share some of its action in Monte Carlo with GoldenEye (1995). Janssen reprises the habit of squeezing men with her thighs in this film. 

Eddie Murphy shares the character name with Robert Culp, and Owen Wilson shares the character name with Bill Cosby, from the 60s I Spy (1965-1968) series. 

(And that's about as interesting as it gets, so you didn't "miss" anything, Peebs!)

Your thread, RJ...

The cars are certainly a big part of the Bond franchise, and Aston-Martin is the make (or as the English say it, marque) most associated James Bond, but in Dr. No, what is the first car was see James driving?

Thanks Bunny!  You're right, it's surprising that these are the only times that we see Bond's home.  Based on the pictures, Roger Moore's looks a little like a moble home.  

Next:   OK, let's see how this goes.  A few months ago in the General Comment section, I saw a posting by someone who claimed that Bond never actually wears a hat but just tosses it on to the coat rack next to Moneypenny's desk.   (!?!)  It took a lot of restraint to stop from geeking out and posting several examples of Bond hat wearing.  So .... I'll do it here!

Name the movies in which Bond sports these chapeux:

1.   James Bond Goldfinger sweater by Slazenger Heritage - His Knibs

2.  From Russia with love - James Bond. #sunglasses #007  http://blog.smartbuyglasses.co.uk/celebrity-style/james-bond… | James bond  outfits, Bond suits, James bond suit

3. cPCfSZE.jpeg

2zdAEMG.jpeg

• Like 1