Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

James Bond Trivia

cinemaman

20 minutes ago, rjbartrop said:

These Bonds initially had to turn don the role because of their commitments to a television series.  One of them had to do it twice.  Name the Bonds, and name the TV shows.

Roger Moore turned down James Bond twice because of his commitment to The Saint.  George Lazenby was hired and then Connery came back for one more movie.

Pierce Bronson committed to Remington Steele.  The show was unexpectedly renewed and Brosnan was contractually obligated to continue.  Timothy Dalton was hired instead.

3 hours ago, Peebs said:

Roger Moore turned down James Bond twice because of his commitment to The Saint.  George Lazenby was hired and then Connery came back for one more movie.

Pierce Bronson committed to Remington Steele.  The show was unexpectedly renewed and Brosnan was contractually obligated to continue.  Timothy Dalton was hired instead.

Very close. It was a different show that caused Moore to bow out the second time.

Thanks, RJ!

Next:  Name the actor who was originally signed to star as 007 in Diamonds Are Forever.  Because Connery agreed to.come back, this actor was the only actor to be signed to star as Bond who never made a James Bond movie.

16 hours ago, cinemaman said:

It  was  John  Gavin.  Thanks

That's it.  I can't quite picture John Gavin as Bond. According to wiki:  "Gavin was signed for the role of James Bond in the film Diamonds Are Forever (1971) after George Lazenby left the role. However, David Picker, head of United Artists, wanted the box-office assurance of Sean Connery. Gavin's contract was honored despite losing the role to Connery. According to Roger Moore's James Bond Diary, Gavin was slated to play Bond in Live and Let Die (1973), but Harry Saltzman insisted on a British actor for the role and Moore was given the part."

The Man Who was Almost Bond: John Gavin | Comet Over Hollywood

Well done, Cinema! Your thread.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cinemaman said:

Thanks  Peebs  next:  this  James  Bond  girl  was  in  Desperate  Housewives  and  in  a  tv  show  about  Superman.  Please  name  this  actress.

That's got to be Teri Hatcher: 

Lois Lane on Lois & Clark: The Adventures of Superman. 

Susan Mayer on Desperate Housewives. 

Paris Carver in Tomorrow Never Dies.

• Like 1

Thanks, Cinema!  I remember liking Hatcher and that her character had a past with Bond.

Next:  Name the two Bond girls who have each appeared twice in different Bond films. One is very early in the series and is more of a minor Bond girl. The other is much more recent and figures prominently in both of her Bond films.

Hint:  Sean Connery and Daniel Craig

On 1/12/2022 at 2:01 PM, Peebs said:

Next:  Name the two Bond girls who have each appeared twice in different Bond films. One is very early in the series and is more of a minor Bond girl. The other is much more recent and figures prominently in both of her Bond films.

Martine Beswick was in both "From Russia With Love" and "Thunderball".  

image.jpeg.d51bce4e5f586eae3b6abbbdc4c2809d.jpeg 

There was another Bond girl actress who had prominent roles in two Bond films and she also had an uncredited part as an extra in another Bond film.  Can you name her and the films?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

Martine Beswick was in both "From Russia With Love" and "Thunderball".  

image.jpeg.d51bce4e5f586eae3b6abbbdc4c2809d.jpeg 

There was another Bond girl actress who had prominent roles in two Bond films and she also had an uncredited part as an extra in another Bond film.  Can you name her and the films?

I forgot about Beswick!  Looking back, I guess my question was clumsily written.  I should have said that the actresses played the same character in each of their Bond movies. Sorry about that!

Maude Adams, playing different roles, was in:

The Man with the Golden Gun (1974) as Andrea

Octopussy (1983) as the title character

A View to a Kill (1985) uncredited in a crowd scene

• Like 1

Thanks Miles.  My favorite Bond girl?  That's a tough one but I'd probably go with someone early like Honey Ryder, Tatiana Romanova or maybe Diana Rigg.  

Next:  Identify the Bond Movies by their title sequence...

Watch the stunning opening credits for Spectre

Dr. No Opening Title Sequence & Gunbarrel - YouTube

3.  James Bond - Die Another Day Title Sequence - Beverley Pond-Jones

4.  On Her Majesty´s Secret Service Opening Title Sequence HD (Intro) - YouTube

5  The Best and Worst James Bond Opening-Credits Sequences, from 'Goldfinger'  to 'Spectre'

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cinemaman said:

Yep!  Good job, cinema.  You got three out of five so the thread is yours.  

(The other two were:  1.  Spectre  &  3.  Die Another Day)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cinemaman said:

Thanks  Peebs  next:   Who  was  a  Country  Western  Star  and   sausage   king  that  was  in  a  James  Bond   film.

Jimmy Dean played billionaire Willard Whyte in Diamonds Are Forever

• Like 1