Find results in...

James Bond Trivia

cinemaman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Peebs said:

Cheers!  Your thread, NS.

Sean Connery for Beam - Jim Beam (1960s & 1970s) - Click Americana

Thanks, Peebs.  Of Bond and booze, BunnyWhit, cinemaman and Peebs...

There was a beer commercial which featured marauding, THUNDERBALL-esque frogmen: Name it!

4 hours ago, NoShear said:

Thanks, Peebs.  Of Bond and booze, BunnyWhit, cinemaman and Peebs...

There was a beer commercial which featured marauding, THUNDERBALL-esque frogmen: Name it!

I have no idea, but I found a Schlitz from 1971 with scuba divers looking for sunken treasure but alas, no marauding.  

Schlitz Beer commercial - Treasure Hunt (1971) - YouTube

1 hour ago, Peebs said:

I have no idea, but I found a Schlitz from 1971 with scuba divers looking for sunken treasure but alas, no marauding.  

Schlitz Beer commercial - Treasure Hunt (1971) - YouTube

Open (water) thread...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, NoShear said:

I recently viewed a movie which is set during WWII and contains something of a proto-THUNDERBALL finale - name the film.

Oh, gosh this is a tough one.  The Silent Enemy (1958) has some underwater action.  Maybe?

The Silent Enemy Original Lobby Card Underwater scub divers frogmen 1958 |  eBay

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peebs said:

Oh, gosh this is a tough one.  The Silent Enemy (1958) has some underwater action.  Maybe?

The Silent Enemy Original Lobby Card Underwater scub divers frogmen 1958 |  eBay

Great guess, Peebs, but I'm looking for an earlier one. Hint: Japanese...

10 minutes ago, NoShear said:

Great guess, Peebs, but I'm looking for an earlier one. Hint: Japanese...

Destination Tokyo (1943) has underwater scenes but mostly it's the sub going through a floating minefield.  So that's probably not it.   

I think I'm stumped NoShear.  Maybe someone else can jump in with an answer.  

Just now, Peebs said:

Destination Tokyo (1943) has underwater scenes but mostly the sub going through an underwater minefield.  So that's probably not it.   I think I'm stumped NoShear.  Maybe someone else can jump in with an answer.  

Elaboration on hint, Peebs: NAVY UDT divers scrap with Japanese enemy frogmen...

4 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Destination Tokyo (1943) has underwater scenes but mostly the sub going through an underwater minefield.  So that's probably not it.   I think I'm stumped NoShear.  Maybe someone else can jump in with an answer.  

Also: This movie is one of the earliest - if not the earliest - scuba-related films...

12 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Destination Tokyo (1943) has underwater scenes but mostly it's the sub going through a floating minefield.  So that's probably not it.   

I think I'm stumped NoShear.  Maybe someone else can jump in with an answer.  

Summation hint, Peebs: NAVY UDTeam divers battle Japanese frogmen in one of the earliest - if not the earliest - scuba-related movies...

9 hours ago, NoShear said:

Summation hint, Peebs: NAVY UDTeam divers battle Japanese frogmen in one of the earliest - if not the earliest - scuba-related movies...

How about The Frogmen (1951)?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peebs said:

How about The Frogmen (1951)?

Do you see the pieces of neoprene on the ocean's surface, Peebs?? That's what is left of me, having been blown out of the proverbial water by your movie knowledge - thanks for letting me know about the "Buster" Crabb-inspired film - as well as by your search skills.

Yours...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, NoShear said:

Do you see the pieces of neoprene on the ocean's surface, Peebs?? That's what is left of me, having been blown out of the proverbial water by your movie knowledge - thanks for letting me know about the "Buster" Crabb-inspired film - as well as by your search skills.

Yours...

I think you are giving me too much credit!  I needed that last clue to stumble on to the title.  

The poster for The Frogmen does look like Thunderball.

The Frogmen - Wikipedia

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Re: "I think you are giving me too much credit!  I needed that last clue to stumble on the  title.  

The poster for The Frogmen does look like Thunderball."

No, Peebs, it's deserved.

Do you remember we discussed the real-life British frogman as an inspiration for Ian Fleming's THUNDERBALL (1961) many moons ago?

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 10:08 PM, NoShear said:

Thanks, NoShear!  

Next:

In the short story 007 in New York, Fleming includes a recipe for one of Bond's favorite dishes.  Fleming writes that the meal should include "pink champagne (Taittinger) and low music."  Can you name the dish that the recipe for?

• Like 1

That would be Scrambled Eggs 'James Bond'. (While the pink champagne would be delicious along with softly scrambled eggs, I'm afraid enjoying that meal would only make me want to go right back to bed!)

• Like 2