Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

James Bond Trivia

cinemaman

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/30/2022 at 7:07 AM, BunnyWhit said:

In theaters for the 60th anniversary, Sunday 21 August 2022.

Dr._No_1000x1480_FE_Website.jpg.jpg

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/Dr.-No-60th-Anniversary?date=2022-08-21

Fifty years ago Dr. No's 10th was "celebrated" with the following triple bill - an unusual amount of films for a non-Bond year rerelease as they generally were kept to a pair:

3cc59e0bc435dbd70cf0d37b7eb76234.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/2/2022 at 4:24 AM, Peebs said:

Re: "The thread is open."

Thanks, Peebs...

SPOILER ALERT: Please don't read the following set of questions if haven't read Dr. NO and are still planning to do so!!

A Trio on The Trio

1. The trio of assassins seen in the film adaptation of Dr. NO have a slightly different collective name than in Ian Fleming's story. Name the terrible trio of the 1958 novel.

2. The trio of assassins seen in the film adaptation of Dr. NO meet a different death(s) in the '58 book. How do they die in the Fleming yarn?

3. Or do they?! Explain.

23 hours ago, NoShear said:

Thanks, Peebs...

SPOILER ALERT: Please don't read the following set of questions if haven't read Dr. NO and are still planning to do so!!

A Trio on The Trio

1. The trio of assassins seen in the film adaptation of Dr. NO have a slightly different collective name than in Ian Fleming's story. Name the terrible trio of the 1958 novel.

2. The trio of assassins seen in the film adaptation of Dr. NO meet a different death(s) in the '58 book. How do they die in the Fleming yarn?

3. Or do they?! Explain.

1.  In the movie they are the Three Blind Mice, in the book I believe is they are referred to as the "Chigroes." The term was outdated even at the time the movie was made.

2.  In the book, Bond shoots each of the assassins, mirroring the way they killed Strangways

3.  I'm still working on this one. Did the characters come back in a later novel? 

1 hour ago, Peebs said:

1.  In the movie they are the Three Blind Mice, in the book I believe is they are referred to as the "Chigroes." The term was outdated even at the time the movie was made.

2.  In the book, Bond shoots each of the assassins, mirroring the way they killed Strangways

3.  I'm still working on this one. Did the characters come back in a later novel? 

SPOILER ALERT: As with the trio of questions, read no further if haven't and still planning on reading Dr. NO (1958)!!

1. "Three blind beggars..." (Their rare ethnicity is, yes, "Chigroe".)

2. James Bond displays his shooting skill in dispensing with the three exotic thugs.

3. James Bond did not have any prior encounter with the three blind beggars, so he only is left with the quick thought that the three "Chigroes" might be the same trio of assassins.

Here's a virtual Vesper martini on the house, Peebs, with a return of this thread to you as well...

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, NoShear said:

Here's a virtual Vesper martini on the house, Peebs, with a return of this thread to you as well...

Thanks, NS.  Not my best effort, I need to re-read the Bond books to keep up with you!

I'll leave the thread open while I try to come up with a challenging question. If anyone else has an idea, feel free to post it.

25 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Re: "Thanks, NS.  Not my best effort, I need to re-read the Bond books to keep up with you!"

What you might concede to me with the books, when it comes to overall Bond, Peebs, I would find myself desperately shouting out to you:

"What about Operation Grand Slam?!"

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, NoShear said:

What you might concede to me with the books, when it comes to overall Bond, Peebs, I would find myself desperately shouting out to you:

"What about Operation Grand Slam?!"

Goldfinger explains Operation Grand Slam | James bond movies, Movie photo,  Photo

• Haha 1