Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

James Bond Trivia

cinemaman

Thank you, cinemaman.

From Russia With Love yielded its share of weaponry. I'm thinking three with one of the trio a collective weapon(s);I'm not thinking of the usual pistols, so they're excluded unless very specific to the 1963 film! Name 'em...

James  Bond  attache  case  contained  ammunition ,   a  knife,  snipers  rifle,  gold  coins  and  gas  cartridge.  Spectre  Rosa  Klebb  has  her  famous  shoe knife  with poison.   Red  Grant  watch  with  a  wire  to  choke  people.  In  the  boat  scene , James  Bond  use  a  flare  gun  set  fire  to  the   gasoline tanks  in  the water  to blow up the  Spectre  boats.Thanks

38 minutes ago, cinemaman said:

Re: "James  Bond  attache  case  contained  ammunition ,   a  knife,  snipers  rifle,  gold  coins  and  gas  cartridge.  Spectre  Rosa  Klebb  has  her  famous  shoe knife  with poison.   Red  Grant  watch  with  a  wire  to  choke  people.  In  the  boat  scene , James  Bond  use  a  flare  gun  set  fire  to  the   gasoline tanks  in  the water  to blow up the  Spectre  boats.Thanks"

You're welcome, cinemaman, and I figured if you were the first to ring in, you'd exceed the minimum!

Back to its owner...

• Like 1

They  also  used  a lot  of  miniatures  for  their  special  effects .  The scene  of  the satellite  dish  at  Arecibo ,  they  built  an  model  of  the  satellite  dish to help  them  with  filming. that scene.  In  fact  Goldeneye was  an  huge  project  the  studios  at  Pinewood  was  not  up to the  task.  So  they  had  to build  their  own  studio  for  Goldeneye.  The Piton laser gun is  a  prop. used  for the movie.  With my  previous  post  and  this one ,  I am  hope that this  what  you  are  looking for. Thanks

You provided exactly what I was looking for on this one, cinemaman! 

CGI created the gun barrel opening, a Bond first. I've read that GoldenEye is still the Bond film that employed the most models/miniatures. Poor Pinewood was in over its head. GoldenEye was the last film for special effects director Derek Meddings who passed away just a few months after it was completed. I think the film is dedicated to him.

Thanks, cinemaman -- your thread.

• Thanks 1

Albert  Broccoli   and  Harry  Saltzman  were  the   great  producing  team  of  James  Bond  movies.  What  other  good  spy  movies  did  Harry  Saltzman  produce  and   please  name the  character  of  those  movies. Thanks

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cinemaman said:

Albert  Broccoli   and  Harry  Saltzman  were  the   great  producing  team  of  James  Bond  movies.  What  other  good  spy  movies  did  Harry  Saltzman  produce  and   please  name the  character  of  those  movies. Thanks

The Harry Palmer films

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, cinemaman said:

Re: "That  is  the  correct   answer. Nice  work  NoShear ,  it  is  your  turn. Thanks"

Thanks, cinemaman...

Off of your Albert Broccoli drop: In a sense, James Bond once saved Albert Broccoli's life - how so?

1 hour ago, NoShear said:

Thanks, cinemaman...

Off of your Albert Broccoli drop: In a sense, James Bond once saved Albert Broccoli's life - how so?

I think it's when Albert Broccoli was in Japan scouting for locations for You Only Live Twice.  He was booked on an earlier flight but canceled to see a ninja demonstration.  His earlier plane,  Flight 911, crashed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Re: "I think it's when Albert Broccoli was in Japan scouting for locations for You Only Live Twice.  He was booked on an earlier flight but canceled to see a ninja demonstration.  His earlier plane,  Flight 911, crashed."

Glad to see your successful return to this thread, Peebs!

It's all yours...

• Like 1