Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

James Bond Trivia

cinemaman

Just now, NoShear said:

Re: "Stick around for a few more minutes at least if can, Peebs, as I have one..."

I did an "In a sense..." with Albert Broccoli and you dropped the LIVE AND LET DIE novel, Peebs...

The WikipediA page on the 1954 novel contains at least one error, I'm confident:  The fisherman who preps James Bond for his swim does not teach scuba to Bond but, rather, familiarizes him with the local marine life and underwater topography he will encounter on his dangerous swim to try to save Solitaire and stop Mister Big...

In a sense, who also accompanied James Bond on his swim besides the fisherman he befriends? This real-life famous figure is said to have known and helped Ian Fleming.

7 minutes ago, NoShear said:

Re: "In a sense, who also accompanied James Bond on his swim besides the fisherman he befriends? This real-life famous figure is said to have known and helped Ian Fleming."

The fisherman, by the way, is said to have been inspired by a real-life Jamaican fisherman who Ian Fleming knew. If the story about the other real-life person - the question here - interracting with Fleming is true, then, again, in a sense he helped Bond prep for the dangerous swim as well.

7 minutes ago, NoShear said:

The fisherman, by the way, is said to have been inspired by a real-life Jamaican fisherman who Ian Fleming knew. If the story about the other real-life person - the question here - interracting with Fleming is true, then, again, in a sense he helped Bond prep for the dangerous swim as well.

Jacques Cousteau? He and Fleming were friends and Fleming  joined him looking for sunken Greek ship treasure.

Yes, to the ornithologist James Bond being our hero's namesake. I am aware of reference to this in the novel Dr. No, but same does not appear in the film.  However, there is a film in which Bond not only has a copy of (the real) Bond's Birds of the West Indies (1936), but there is also dialogue  about ornithology. Do you recall the film with that exchange?

Just now, BunnyWhit said:

Yes, to the ornithologist James Bond being our hero's namesake. I am aware of reference to this in the novel Dr. No, but same does not appear in the film.  However, there is a film in which Bond not only has a copy of (the real) Bond's Birds of the West Indies (1936), but there is also dialogue  about ornithology. Do you recall the film with that exchange?

I didn't, so I'm leaving it open to someone else, BunnyWhit. I quickly threw out Dr NO for its ornithilogical background.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BunnyWhit said:

At your convenience, BunnyWhit, please read the comment for my latest entry on the "What Are You Listening To?" thread...

You got it, Peebs! It is in Die Another Day (2002) that Bond (Pierce Brosnan) tells Jinx Johnson (Halle Barry) that he's an ornithologist, then follows some suggestive "bird banter" between the two of them.

NoShear and Peebs split the glory on this one, so either of you is next at the helm. (I do so enjoy mixing metaphors!) Thanks, you two.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BunnyWhit said:

You got it, Peebs! It is in Die Another Day (2002) that Bond (Pierce Brosnan) tells Jinx Johnson (Halle Barry) that he's an ornithologist, then follows some suggestive "bird banter" between the two of them.

NoShear and Peebs split the glory on this one, so either of you is next at the helm. (I do so enjoy mixing metaphors!) Thanks, you two.

As Peebs scored on the film side of it, it's Peebs' thread - after all, this is on a film-not-book related site.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, NoShear! ( I think books and films can be equally important when talking about Bond.)

Next:  Tracy Bond is killed at the end of On Her Majesty's Secret Service.  In the following movie, Diamonds Are Forever, no mention is made of Bond being a widower.  What is the next movie that Bond's marriage and the fact that his wife was killed mentioned again? 

Hint:  Here's part of the exchange of dialog:

--You're sensitive Mr. Bond?

--About some things.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cinemaman said:

In  the  movie  For  Your  Eyes  Only   James  Bond  (  Roger  Moore)  visits  Tracy's  gravesite.  Thanks

Ah, that's a good answer. I'll give this one to you Cinemaman. ( I think my question was a little clunky.)  The first movie to bring up  the late Mrs. Bond since OHMSS was The Spy Who Loved Me(1977).  Barbara Bach says: 

"Commander Bond ...Licensed to kill and has done so on many occasions.  Many lady friends, married once.  Wife killed..."

"Alright, you've made your point."

" You're sensitive Mr. Bond? "

"About somethings."

Your thread, Cinemaman

• Thanks 1

What  actress  played   these  characters   1.  Honey  Rider  2. ****  Galore   3.  Tracy    4.  Tiffany  Case    5.  Solitaire  6.  Goodnight  7.  Major Anya  Amasova  8.  Pam  Bouvier  9. Xenia  Onatopp   10.  Elektra  King  11.  Jinx  Johnson  12 .  Vesper  Lind  13.  Octopussy   Thanks  

34 minutes ago, cinemaman said:

What  actress  played   these  characters   1.  Honey  Rider  2. ****  Galore   3.  Tracy    4.  Tiffany  Case    5.  Solitaire  6.  Goodnight  7.  Major Anya  Amasova  8.  Pam  Bouvier  9. Xenia  Onatopp   10.  Elektra  King  11.  Jinx  Johnson  12 .  Vesper  Lind  13.  Octopussy   Thanks  

Ursual Andress Honor Blackman Diana Rigg Jill St. John Jane Seymour Britt Ekland Barbara Bach Carey Lowell Famke Jannsen Sophie Marceau Halle Berry Eva Green Maud Adams 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cinemaman said:

Re: "What  actress  played   these  characters   1.  Honey  Rider  2. ****  Galore   3.  Tracy    4.  Tiffany  Case    5.  Solitaire  6.  Goodnight  7.  Major Anya  Amasova  8.  Pam  Bouvier  9. Xenia  Onatopp   10.  Elektra  King  11.  Jinx  Johnson  12 .  Vesper  Lind  13.  Octopussy..."

Thanks for the fun overview of the Bond women, cinemaman. 

On 8/11/2021 at 6:59 PM, cinemaman said:

Re: "That  is  the  correct  answer.  Nice  work  NoShear,  it  is  your turn.  Thanks"

I'm thinking of two celebrities who have mentioned going to see the Bond movie at the celebrated theater back in the day as well: One was an actor or actress who ironically was seeing it for the first time with his or her mother if I correctly recall, and the other mentioned it in reflection as he or she looked back on his or her career. Name the pair.