Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Myrna Loy.

Aritosthenes

As With A Couple of these Birthday Wishes, its Unfortunately Late. Late in Delivery and Late In Arrival. Not Only That: Madam Myrna Loy is Unfortunately No Longer With Us. (As is applicable with a couple previous Performers already)

Regardless. And In Spite of That.  A Happy Belated B-Day to, One of the First Detectives.

Born. August 2nt. 1905, Helena Montana.

If my Stilted Skewed calculations are (remotely closely) Correct.   Ms Loy Would Be a Whoppingly Impressive One-Hundred & Sixteen.   Ithink.

Happy Birth Day Ms Myrna.

Edited by Aritosthenes
Mathematical Error.
  • Like 2

I love this awesomely talented actress.  Among the many movies I watch again and again starring Myrna Loy is Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House.  As the cool, calm Muriel Blandings she is the perfect counter to her excitable husband played by Cary Grant.  In one way or another and to a lesser extent, most of us have experienced similar problems as the Blandings had sinking their money into a "dream house".  This film is always funny.

Recently, "The Best Years of Our Lives" was aired and that film is phenomenal.  Loy is wonderful as the empathetic wife of returning WWII veteran Fredric March.  Even when not speaking, Loy conveys what this character is thinking/feeling.  Her portrayal helps you appreciate the strength it takes family members to support veterans returning from war.

Almost There: Myrna Loy in "The Best Years of Our Lives" - Blog - The Film  Experience

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Toto said:

I love this awesomely talented actress.  Among the many movies I watch again and again starring Myrna Loy is Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House.  As the cool, calm Muriel Blandings she is the perfect counter to her excitable husband played by Cary Grant.  In one way or another and to a lesser extent, most of us have experienced similar problems as the Blandings had sinking their money into a "dream house".  This film is always funny.

Recently, "The Best Years of Our Lives" was aired and that film is phenomenal.  Loy is wonderful as the empathetic wife of returning WWII veteran Fredric March.  Even when not speaking, Loy conveys what this character is thinking/feeling.  Her portrayal helps you appreciate the strength it takes family members to support veterans returning from war.

Almost There: Myrna Loy in "The Best Years of Our Lives" - Blog - The Film  Experience

No Disrespect to ANYone (Else) Around These Parts when i say this (but) i LOVE When Your "Name" and (more ap pro po) Your Thoughts, Observations and Such Pop Up Toto.

Kudos.

I Wonder if You Could "Cast" Some of that on me, Sometime.

(🍻🥂🎩.)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aritosthenes said:

No Disrespect to ANYone (Else) Around These Parts when i say this (but) i LOVE When Your "Name" and (more ap pro po) Your Thoughts, Observations and Such Pop Up Toto.

Kudos.

I Wonder if You Could "Cast" Some of that on me, Sometime.

(🍻🥂🎩.)

That's sweet of you to say.  I really like your posts too Arisosthenes!

• Thanks 1