Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gang Members Established ‘Autonomous Zone’ in Atlanta

MovieMadness

Gang Members Established ‘Autonomous Zone’ in Atlanta

In the aftermath of the fatal police shooting of Rayshard Brooks in Atlanta, violent gang members laid siege to a local Wendy’s to protest his death — establishing an “autonomous zone” with a strict no-trespassing policy for police officers or pedestrians — before shooting and killing an eight-year-old girl, according to a warrant obtained by the Atlanta Journal Constitution.

Under the guise of protesting police brutality, members of the Bloods street gang established a perimeter around the Wendy’s, with armed rogue members declaring control over the territory “brandishing, pointing and discharging of firearms at citizens and civilians to ensure compliance with their authority in a highly visible manner,” according to the arrest warrant for the gang member allegedly responsible for the girl’s death.

When a car holding three people, including rising third-grader Secoriea Turner, entered the zone, a teenaged gang member named Julian Conley “began to discharge his weapon, an AR-15 style rifle, striking the side and the back of the vehicle,” the affidavit states. A projectile then hit Turner in the head. The car managed to escape to the hospital, as another gang member named Jerrion McKinney chased it off the road, where Turner was pronounced dead.

Both perpetrators were arrested, charged with murder, multiple counts of aggravated assault, and a variety of other gang-related offenses.

In June, Turner’s family members sued the city of Atlanta, its mayor and other leaders, claiming that they endangered their child’s life by allowing a mob of violent delinquents to invade and terrorize the Atlanta street corner.

Democrats defunded the police and then gang members take over, this is what happens.

• Haha 1

The concept of "defunding" the police could be the reason Dems lose both the House and Senate in 2022.  

Black and female Atlanta mayor,  Bottoms,  understands this.  She also understands that her cities' citizens have a lot more to fear from black males than the police or anyone else in the city based on statistical data.    But when she comes on CNN she has to walk a  fine line to avoid major BLM type protest in her city that last time, lead to property destruction and random violence (all in the name of so called social justice).

YES,   there is a need for social justice,  but yelling "defund" the police is  NOT the way to go about it.   Obama said the same thing.

• Like 1

And I still insist it's because most people either don't know, or misunderstand what "defund" the police really means.

It's a largely ambiguous statement and concept at best.  But many think it means to cut ALL funding of police forces, and/or doing away with police altogether. While others "think" it means to reduce funding for new equipment until much needed reforms in training is undertaken.  

And since nobody seems to know for sure, blaming a not implemented  concept is foolhardy.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

And I still insist it's because most people either don't know, or misunderstand what "defund" the police really means.

It's a largely ambiguous statement and concept at best.  But many think it means to cut ALL funding of police forces, and/or doing away with police altogether. While others "think" it means to reduce funding for new equipment until much needed reforms in training is undertaken.  

And since nobody seems to know for sure, blaming a not implemented  concept is foolhardy.

Sepiatone

With regards to "what "defund" the police  really means".      I.e.  you are NOT the one that defined this but instead the MSM and the MSM has defined this as a major,  if not total, reduction of a police departments budget since that is  how BLM and other social justice activist defined its.      AGAIN,   look up the CNN poll.  

As for your last sentence:    you have this backwards as well.   I would have worded that last sentence as:

Running for office by pushing for a largely ambiguous statement and concept,   one the vast majority of voters are against,  is foolhardy.

(this is what Missouri Rep. Cori Bush is doing,  as well as the Squad and a few other House Dems,  as well as those they supported for the NY Mayor's race).

It appears you don't wish to hold the Dems that are doing this accountable,  but instead remained overly focused on Republicans.    Like I said Obama called out his fellow Dems and he didn't blame the GOP.     The message from Obama was clear:  don't use the term defunding!

PS:  I don't wish for the Dems to lose the House,  and if these newbies members of Congress and other progressive-want-a-be pols don't see the light and stop using "defund" that is what will happen.   Again,  look up the polling data. 

• Thanks 1

Sure, your sentence works too, but in a different context.  MY "backwards" sentence was aimed at people blaming rising crime rates on what might be an ambiguous concept supported by some democrats(and mostly vying for some votes from a particular segment) but not really implemented anywhere far as I can discover. 

Sepiatone