Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why no year when seeing what's on TCM??????

I'm  a huge TCM fan . I love movies of the 1940's & 50's and was wondering why TCM isn't posting the year of each film when your looking at the tv?  They used to do this all the time but aren't doing it now.  I think classic film fans like seeing the date the film was made / released.....it's a plus for us.  Hopefully this will be fixed.  Thanks for reading my post. 

Sincerely,
Troy Leong

5 minutes ago, tcountry627 said:

I'm  a huge TCM fan . I love movies of the 1940's & 50's and was wondering why TCM isn't posting the year of each film when your looking at the tv?  They used to do this all the time but aren't doing it now.  I think classic film fans like seeing the date the film was made / released.....it's a plus for us.  Hopefully this will be fixed.  Thanks for reading my post. 

Sincerely,
Troy Leong

What do you mean by "when your looking at the tv"?        I've been watching TCM for decades and I have never seen such a year listed while "looking at the tv".

I do see the year on the on-line TCM Schedule  and if there is an intro the host will usually comment about the year the film was released.

So I'm confused what you're expecting here. 

Hi James....I mean when you tune into the channel...next to the film title the year of the film is always listed.  The channel isn't doing it anymore.  Sometimes it's there....sometimes it isn't.  It's a sporadic problem.  Thanks.

26 minutes ago, tcountry627 said:

Hi James....I mean when you tune into the channel...next to the film title the year of the film is always listed.  The channel isn't doing it anymore.  Sometimes it's there....sometimes it isn't.  It's a sporadic problem.  Thanks.

I believe such info doesn't come directly from the channel but instead the cable company or company that is providing the overall T.V. service.

• Like 1