Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bonanza Cast with Unknown

Janet0312

8 hours ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

Just a wild guess, David Dortort, the creator of Bonanza?

Edit: hmm the nose might not be quite right but who knows.

https://moviecollectoroh.com/pics_to_hotlink_on_TCM/david-dortort-2.jpg

I thought the same, but the man in the photo seemed younger than Dortort would've been at the time, at least to me.

I also assumed it was a producer.  The show had multiple ones but the only one I could find  a picture of was Dortort but I didn't post it since I didn't think it was the guy in the top photo.

One think I know for sure is that it isn't my violin teacher.    He was a member of  the NBC orchestra and can be heard on the Bonanza theme song.    He meet all of the actors and had a photo on his wall with them.     But hey,  that was 50 years ago when I was talking lessons when I was 10.  

2 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

I thought the same, but the man in the photo seemed younger than Dortort would've been at the time, at least to me.

Close in age to Lorne Greene.  Maybe Lorne Greene aged quicker?

My first impression was that the guy in the middle is standing slightly in front of the cast and they seem to be surrounding him, in support.  He is wearing a suit and his posture is different from theirs, it seems to say he is the one in charge.  So who knows.

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I also assumed it was a producer.  The show had multiple ones but the only one I could find  a picture of was Dortort but I didn't post it since I didn't think it was the guy in the top photo.

One think I know for sure is that it isn't my violin teacher.    He was a member of  the NBC orchestra and can be heard on the Bonanza theme song.    He meet all of the actors and had a photo on his wall with them.     But hey,  that was 50 years ago when I was talking lessons when I was 10.  

Nice story!  I wish I could have met them, either at different times individually or all together.  Seemed like a great cast.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

Nice story!  I wish I could have met them, either at different times individually or all together.  Seemed like a great cast.

I never did, but my older brothers did.  The cast came to town for the local rodeo.

• Like 2

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings