Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

They were here a minute ago!

KidChaplin

Coco, the Golden Girls gay cook/houseboy and played by Charles Levin lasted only one episode.   The producers felt that the interactions with Coco would detract from the relationships between the 4 main characters, having also decided to make Estelle Getty's character of Sophia a regular role rather than guest appearances.

Coco: The Groundbreaking Gay Character 'The Golden Girls' Left Behind |  Decider

There were a lot of additional semi-regulars running around in Season One of M*A*S*H. I especially remember an African-American surgeon with the not-so-PC monicker of "****". I don't recall that he ever got a real name. To my recollection, only Allan Arbus' psychiatrist Sidney (can't remember his last name) got a permanent semi-regular role.

Veronica Cartwright appeared in just one episode of Will and Grace, playing Jack's mother in a memorable few scenes.  I had the opportunity to speak with her and mentioned that I had always wished that her character would appear in more episodes.  Her response was, "You and me both".

4 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

Oops, the name is so un-PC, autocorrect won't allow it. That's the second name of a M*A*S*H character I've been banned from using in as many days. Let's see .... how about Spear-Thrower?

Oliver Harmon Jones.  The character appears in the novel and movie too...

• Thanks 2

I remember Charles Levin.   He had a regular gig on the last few seasons of ALICE.  Think he played Beth Howland's husband, Elliott.  I recall Mr. Levin died in an odd sorta way.  Like he ran off the road in his car and was found deceased a few days later. 

25 minutes ago, Mr. Gorman said:

I remember Charles Levin.   He had a regular gig on the last few seasons of ALICE.  Think he played Beth Howland's husband, Elliott.  I recall Mr. Levin died in an odd sorta way.  Like he ran off the road in his car and was found deceased a few days later. 

I think his car gut stuck on an unimproved road in Oregon.  He left his car and apparently had fallen down a hill or off a cliff or embankment.  His dog was still in the car.

• Like 1

What about GREGORY SIERRA, who, as neighbor JULIO FUENTES disappeared from SANFORD AND SON after a dozen or so episodes, then later turned up as det .Sgt. CHANO AMENGUAL  on BARNEY MILLER and disappeared again after a season.   Then later I think, had the same fates on a couple or so other TV shows.

Whitefang

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

What about GREGORY SIERRA ....... later turned up as det .Sgt. CHANO AMENGUAL  on BARNEY MILLER and disappeared again after a season.

I believe Sierra thought he was the breakout star of the show and demanded what he felt should be appropriate compensation.

If that's true, he was wrong in thinking that. The show only got better after season 1 - it was my favorite show from season 2 right up till the end of it.

• Like 2

Cousin Pearl Bodine (Jethro's mom) from back home used to visit the Clampetts' mansion all the time, when Bea Benaderet was around...

129569.jpg'

But, fictionally, we assume she's in retirement, like Hilda the Costume Lady from "The Muppet Show":

21_backstage1.jpg

That was actor DAN O'HERLIHY's son, Gavan, who played Chuck Cunningham first. 

By 1985, Gavan was menacing senior citizens in DEATH WISH 3 before getting blasted all to Hell by Charles Bronson in a memorable movie finalé. 

Mission%2BImpossible%2BJim%2BPhelps%2BBr

"Good morning, Mr. Graves. Your mission, should you decide to accept,

is to take over the lead role of this televsion series from actor Steven Hill

after season number one. As you might know, his character's name as

leader of the IMF was 'Dan Briggs', but yours will be 'Jim Phelps'.

This recording will self-destruct in five seconds."

(...now ain't it clever how I did this one?!)  ;)

• Like 3

but how come they made jim phelps a bad guy played by jon voight in one of those horrible MI movies?...

and shouldn't peter graves have objected to that?

"your mission jim, should you decide to accept it, is to object to the villainization of jim phelps in those rotten tom cruise money train vehicles."

Peter Graves Photos, News and Videos, Trivia and Quotes - FamousFix

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2021 at 5:24 AM, 37kitties said:

Janeane Garofalo joined the cast of SNL in 1994. I think I saw her on a grand total of2 episodes (maybe 3) - and ping, she was gone.

She said afterward that it was the worst experience of her life.

good riddance.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings