Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Patricia Hitchcock--Hitchcock's Only Child, 1928-2021

https://www.kron4.com/news/national/patricica-hitchcock-dead-at-93/

Alfred Hitchcock's only child, Patricia, has passed away at 93.  She also appeared in many of her father's films.  I loved her in Strangers on a Train.  She was very funny and actually had a pretty pivotal role in the plot of the film. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 11
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Moe Howard said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Of course, that's not Pat Hitchcock but rather Kasey Rogers who played Guy Haines' (Farley Granger)  flirty wife.   But the glasses played a key role when Bruno (Robert Walker) sees a similar pair on Barbara Morton (Pat Hitchcock) at a party which prompts him to try to strangle Mrs. Cummingham (Norma Varden).  One of Hitchcock's best films noir!

Tragically, Pat's  house burned in Southern California's Woolsey fire in 2018.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, filmnoirguy said:

Of course, that's not Pat Hitchcock but rather Kasey Rogers who played Guy Haines' (Farley Granger)  flirty wife.   But the glasses played a key role when Bruno (Robert Walker) sees a similar pair on Barbara Morton (Pat Hitchcock) at a party which prompts him to try to strangle Mrs. Cummingham (Norma Varden).  One of Hitchcock's best films noir!

Tragically, Pat's  house burned in Southern California's Woolsey fire in 2018.

I didn't know that about the fire. That's terrible.

The actress playing Farley Granger's nerdy/sexy wife is credited as Laura Elliott. It was many years after I had first seen STRANGERS ON A TRAIN that I realized the same actress (billed as Kasey Rogers) played Louise Tate on Bewitched.

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, hamradio said:

Just thinking could Pat be a product of Immaculate conception.  ;)

pat-hitchcock-1.jpg

(any woman on this board likes to have sex with Alfred, come forward.  :P)

I'm Catholic, so I can tell you That you don't understand what the Immaculate Conception is.

You need to Google it and then use some other thread, other than a memorial, for cheap jokes.

• Thanks 3

I loved Patricia in "Stage Fright". She was a good actress who drew the audience to her.

Later in life she was an excellent purveyor of her father's Cinema.

She also got the word out about her mother's vast professional contributions to that Cinema.

She certainly knew how to honor her parents.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

I'm Catholic, so I can tell you you don't understand what Immaculate Conception is.

You need to Google it and use some other thread, other than a memorial, for cheap jokes.

I know what it is and 1% of US moms claims virgin births (CBS News / British studies)

So you have a lot of other people to be angry at.

Just now, hamradio said:

I know what it is and 1% of US moms claims virgin births (CBS News / British studies)

You do have Google on your digital device don't you?

I suggest you use it.

2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

You do have Google on your digital device don't you?

I suggest you use it.

I suggest you do too....Google .....people claiming Immaculate Conception

(also this forum is NOT for religious discussion)

Edited by hamradio
Highlighted my last quote for the blind.
13 hours ago, hamradio said:

Princess is right.  The concept of the Immaculate Conception has nothing to do with Jesus directly or virgin births.  It's about the conception of Mary.   The early church fathers needed an explanation for how a woman could carry and give birth to the son of God while tainted with original sin.  Their solution was to devise the concept that Mary was conceived, by the grace of God, without original sin.  The doctrine wasn't fully developed until the 12th or 13th century, and not confirmed as official Church teaching until the 1800s.

• Thanks 2
14 hours ago, hamradio said:

You do NOT "know what IT is";   I.e.  a virgin birth is NOT the same as the concept of Immaculate Conception.

Hey,  that is OK,   but don't keep doubling down.    

• Like 1
14 hours ago, hamradio said:

You brought religion into it with your comment.

1 minute ago, hamradio said:

Next time notice the EMOJI's!!!!

Geeze what a bunch of snowflakes!!

(PS I'm not retracting - sick of too sensitive people)

No one was being sensitive.    It was only you being ignorant.

You're just deflecting on others because you're too immature to admit you made a mistake.

• Thanks 3
5 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Next time notice the EMOJI's!!!!

Geeze what a bunch of snowflakes!!

(PS I'm not retracting - sick of too sensitive people)

We could say the same. (of you!)

big wuppists. the man says immaculate conception and it's like a major violation of the separation of church and state.

snowflakes my foot...more like dandruff.

:lol:

21 hours ago, Roy Cronin said:

Did she ever say what her favorite Hitchcock film was?  I imagine she did but don't see it mentioned in obituaries I've read.

Yes.  Pat's favorite Hitchcock film was 1946's Notorious.  She was especially impressed with the performances of Cary Grant, Ingrid Bergman and Claude Rains.  She claimed that her father's favorite was 1943's Shadow of a Doubt.  It tickled him that a small town like Santa Rosa, CA could welcome a popular visitor with open arms, not realizing he was the Merry Widow murderer.  Scripted by his wife, Alma Reville, Thorton Wilder and Sally Benson from Gordon McDonell's story.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2