Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Patricia Hitchcock--Hitchcock's Only Child, 1928-2021

You know what the real problem is, this is a thread telling us about her passing and negative, disrespectful comments about a person who has passed and I might add who was admired for their contribution to classic films, is just plain rude and offensive.  Has nothing to do with being overly sensitive. To make a joke in a thread about someone who has died is inappropriate and just mean.

• Thanks 6

Today's L.A. Times has a nice article about Patricia Hitchcock O'Connell.      

She was married for more than 40 years to Joseph O'Connell,  who died in 1994 and they had 3 children.

Wow,  40 years.   That is a major accomplishment!

RIP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 8/11/2021 at 4:48 PM, skipd55 said:

The actress playing Farley Granger's nerdy/sexy wife is credited as Laura Elliott. It was many years after I had first seen STRANGERS ON A TRAIN that I realized the same actress (billed as Kasey Rogers) played Louise Tate on Bewitched.

The 2nd Louise Tate

This is so sad.  Will there be some kind of tribute to Patricia Hitchcock?  If so.  How will they do it?  Will they just show her father’s films he casted her in or will they have a marathon of all her father’s films and dedicate it to her?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, skipd55 said:

I didn't know there was more than one actress who played Louise on Bewitched. Thanks Hibi.

That show probably had more roles with multiple actors than any other:  two Darrins, two Gladys Kravitzs, two Louise Tates, and something like 6 actors portraying Aunt Hagatha.  There might be others, but that's what I can recall off the top of my head.

• Haha 1
On 8/14/2021 at 12:48 PM, skipd55 said:

I didn't know there was more than one actress who played Louise on Bewitched. Thanks Hibi.

On 8/14/2021 at 12:48 PM, skipd55 said:

Yes, the original, I forget her name. Left after a couple seasons. I preferred her better. The 2nd one they made play more ditzy. There was some sort of shake up between the creators and several key players left in front and behind the scenes. Asher (Montgomery's hubby) took over.

2 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Yes, the original, I forget her name. Left after a couple seasons. I preferred her better. The 2nd one they made play more ditzy. There was some sort of shake up between the creators and several key players left in front and behind the scenes. Asher (Montgomery's hubby) took over.

Irene Vernon.  She was fired from the show due to her close association with writer and producer Danny Arnold, after he left the series.  The departure of Arnold and Asher's takeover is probably the reason why  the tone of the show changed after the first two seasons.

Danny Arnold went on to work on That Girl, and was the executive producer of Barney Miller and Fish (he owned Four D Productions)

On 8/10/2021 at 9:23 PM, speedracer5 said:

https://www.kron4.com/news/national/patricica-hitchcock-dead-at-93/

Alfred Hitchcock's only child, Patricia, has passed away at 93.  She also appeared in many of her father's films.  I loved her in Strangers on a Train.  She was very funny and actually had a pretty pivotal role in the plot of the film. 

Agreed. Seemed like a lovely person. And one of the best authorities on Hitch and his process.

R.I.P.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 11:31 AM, Moe Howard said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Moe,  I'm not sure if you're aware,  and it's hard to tell just from a still that's posted without any comment,  but the actress in that still is not Patricia Hitchcock,  it's Kasey Rogers,  who plays the  Farley Granger character's wife ( the wife he wants to divorce.)

POSSIBLE SPOILER:

There was a bit of a physical resemblance between Rogers and Patricia Hitchcock,  especially with the glasses they wore -- that is a key part of the film, and explains  the  disturbing scene at a party where Pat's ( as Barbara Morton  ) similar look to the wife causes some, uh, strange behaviour on the part of Bruno.

On 8/11/2021 at 1:34 PM, Moe Howard said:

Yeah, I confess I didn't check. They look similar and that glasses shot is iconic. 

Sorry,  Moe,  I posted the above before I saw that earlier reply about the same thing.  From   filmnoirguy.    And of course the main resemblance between the two young women is the glasses thing,  and their looking similar is what triggers Bruno's odd behaviour at the party.