Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Remove 'male' and 'female' from birth certificates?

MovieMadness

For many Americans, birth certificates aren't just an important identity marker, they are an entry point into many parts of life. But for trans and nonbinary people, birth certificates can be a hurdle - a document that invalidates their identity - unless they amend it.

Now, the American Medical Association, the country's largest association of physicians, has taken a significant step in easing that burden. In a June report, the AMA's LGBTQ advisory committee advised the organization to push for removing sex labels from the public part of the birth certificate.

Assigning either a "male" or "female" sex at birth, the authors wrote, "fails to recognize the medical spectrum of gender identity."

"Participation by the medical profession and the government in assigning sex is often used as evidence supporting this binary view" of gender, the report continued. Not only does that stifle a person's ability to express and identify themselves, it can lead to "marginalization and minoritization."

Good luck to the young generation, you vote for this and now you'll get it. Anybody can play dress-up and change who they are.

3 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

For many Americans, birth certificates aren't just an important identity marker, they are an entry point into many parts of life. But for trans and nonbinary people, birth certificates can be a hurdle - a document that invalidates their identity - unless they amend it.

Now, the American Medical Association, the country's largest association of physicians, has taken a significant step in easing that burden. In a June report, the AMA's LGBTQ advisory committee advised the organization to push for removing sex labels from the public part of the birth certificate.

Assigning either a "male" or "female" sex at birth, the authors wrote, "fails to recognize the medical spectrum of gender identity."

"Participation by the medical profession and the government in assigning sex is often used as evidence supporting this binary view" of gender, the report continued. Not only does that stifle a person's ability to express and identify themselves, it can lead to "marginalization and minoritization."

Good luck to the young generation, you vote for this and now you'll get it. Anybody can play dress-up and change who they are.

They could change the designations to "peenie" and "vajayay".

At least those would actually be present at birth and therefore undeniable as a birth-certificate descriptor.

Such features of the body can always be changed by surgery at a later stage of life, if the possessor so desires.

This is a legal identification AT TIME OF BIRTH, has nothing to do what anyone decides later on regarding fake gender. (uh can you change XX XX / XX XY?)

My mom's state birth certificate even had total number of children (at time of her birth) by her mom and still living at time of documentation.

Don't confuse these with hospital birth certificates.

Leaving such gender info out could play havoc with the genealogy of a family tree, how can one know whom came from what side of the family? Many transgenders had children before reassignment.

2 minutes ago, hamradio said:

This is a legal identification AT TIME OF BIRTH, has nothing to do what anyone decides later on regarding fake gender. (uh can you change XX XX / XX XY?)

My mom's state birth certificate even had total number of children (at time of her birth) by her mom and still living at time of documentation.

Don't confuse these with hospital birth certificates.

Gender shouldn't be removed but instead there should be a third classification for those born with multiple gender traits.    

But overall this fake "one can be whatever gender they FEEL they are" is total BS,  and unscientific;   Gender is a proven and tested biological trait for 99% of folks at birth. 

People who believe they are another gender need therapy not surgery.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Gender shouldn't be removed but instead there should be a third classification for those born with multiple gender traits.    

But overall this fake "one can be whatever gender they FEEL they are" is total BS,  and unscientific;   Gender is a proven and tested biological trait for 99% of folks at birth. 

There is a rare condition called Chimerism where 2 embryos fused early during the first  trimester. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsRkHfcl3P1Dtc91GD8oU

If this happens with identical twins  a faint line will run down the stomach. (I'm my own twin).

The effects are more dramatic in animals.

21388f5c6a5be3e4c6545aad0abc07ab--differ

Instead of male or female there could be two boxes marked "with" or "without." The doc would check one. 

Remember during the SSM debates, a common argument was the immutability of sexual preference (or was it orientation? I never understood the distinction) and the cry was always ... ready?

"I was born this way!" 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LuckyDan said:

Instead of male or female there could be two boxes marked "with" or "without." The doc would check one. 

Remember during the SSM debates, a common argument was the immutability of sexual preference (or was it orientation? I never understood the distinction) and the cry was always ... ready?

"I was born this way!" 

Research a genetic condition called Turner Syndrome  (one X chromosome is missing or damaged.)

It come with different degrees of severity.

maxresdefault.jpg

Trivia... actress Linda Hunt has it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXk1OINwaR4ZphaY3UpTu

Yes,   the current one-decides-their-gender movement is the complete opposite of born-this-way.     I have seen gay folks at transgender rallies with some wearing born-this-way shirts.      Clearly they are confused and clueless since they don't understand that this is offensive to those that believe in the one-decides-their-gender movement.   I.e.  they should be wearing born-the-way-I-see it shirts.     

Again,  non biological so called transgender folks need therapy and not surgery.     I suspect that most of these phony transgender folks are homophonic and\or sexist. 

E.g. they are male and attracted to males but were raised that this was wrong;  by transforming to a female their guilt is erased.     They are female and since they were brained washed into believing that females are the weaker gender,  by transforming to a male,  they are not the stronger gender. 

Also,  notice that no Dem \ liberal at this forum will address this topic.    E.g. Tom just makes a silly joke.   The reason is clear;  they know the movement is nonsense but are just too partisan to admit it.    (or if they do support it too lame to come up with any reasonable and logical defense of the cause).

theoutcast6.jpg
They go back to fix the shuttle, and Soren admits that there are those among the J’Naii who identify themselves as male or female, against tradition. Soren identifies as female, and tells Riker of others who buck the gender system—but those who are caught are taken away and “reeducated” into properly androgynous people.

2 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Again,  non biological so called transgender folks need therapy and not surgery.     I suspect that most of these phony transgender folks are homophonic and\or sexist. 

E.g. they are male and attracted to males but were raised that this was wrong;  by transforming to a female their guilt is erased.     They are female and since they were brained washed into believing that females are the weaker gender,  by transforming to a male,  they are not the stronger gender. 

I think you are way off base. The "transtrender" movement imo is made up of men who want to score with lesbians so they pretend to be trans to achieve this. A great example is the e-celeb Chris Chan who claimed to be a "transbian" after he realized that straight women weren't approaching him. 

That's not to say that there aren't homosexual transgenders but rather I think the people jumping onto the "movement" in later years are much more like Chris and that they are trying to score women and maybe they don't even have Dysphoria at all.

4 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

It used to be common practice for intersex people to be assigned a gender, and then undergo whatever treatments (hormone therapy, surgery, etc) was needed to match their assigned gender.  There's over 20 recognized syndromes resulting in an intersex birth.  Occurrence is rather rare.  There aren't precise estimates, but most state it's less than 1% of births.

A few countries ban non-consensual medical interventions, but the vast majority do not.

Medical treatment theory is still evolving around this (about what therapy should be taken, and when).  People can be assigned one sex shortly after birth, and undergo reassignment treatment, but they may still "feel" to be the opposite gender, or somewhere in between, especially after puberty, as various therapy treatments may not be totally successful in achieving reassignment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LuckyDan said:

It might be more appropriate to have checkboxes for: Innie and: Outie. The doctor would check both boxes for hermaphrodites. 

What I find surprising is that no one has picked up on the phrase: "removing sex labels from the public part of the birth certificate." Why would the 'public' part of a birth certificate be anything but given name and date of birth? The place of birth, mother's name and other such information is of importance only in a person's private medical records and compiled as metainformation for government statistics. Public access to it compromises personal security as they are important to identity thieves.

36 minutes ago, SansFin said:

What I find surprising is that no one has picked up on the phrase: "removing sex labels from the public part of the birth certificate."

They will probably also recommend that no final names be given to a newborn until it is positive that the infant understands what sex it is. So perhaps temporary names like alpha, beta, gamma, etc until year 8 would be appropriate.  Meanwhile, the child can dress up as either sex to see which feels better. And no Dr. Seuss books. He is banned for life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sukhov said:

I think you are way off base. The "transtrender" movement imo is made up of men who want to score with lesbians so they pretend to be trans to achieve this. A great example is the e-celeb Chris Chan who claimed to be a "transbian" after he realized that straight women weren't approaching him. 

That's not to say that there aren't homosexual transgenders but rather I think the people jumping onto the "movement" in later years are much more like Chris and that they are trying to score women and maybe they don't even have Dysphoria at all.

Internet personality "Chris-Chan" in court on incest charge

https://dailyprogress.com/community/greenenews/news/internet-personality-chris-chan-in-court-on-incest-charge/article_eaa0710c-f492-11eb-bba8-7f35686d288a.html

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sukhov said:

I was just providing two examples of why someone would pretend they are another gender and not the only reasons so I don't think those examples  were off-base.   You provided another sound example.   

Anyhow it would be interesting to see data on how many men pretend to be female and have sexual relations with males or females and  how many pretend to be male and have sex with males or females.

20 hours ago, hamradio said:

The internet has hated this guy for over a decade. Read this and try not to vomit.

https://sonichu.com/cwcki/****#Recycling

On 8/11/2021 at 6:42 PM, hamradio said:

This is a legal identification AT TIME OF BIRTH

But if "male" and "female" are, as we now know, social constructs - how can we assume them to a newborn?

So, I have to insist that changing those identifiers to "peenie" and "vajajay" is not only more exact, but more acceptable to the many, many social justice warriors in our world today.

On 8/11/2021 at 6:58 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

Newborns have traits? Like the ones that have peenies don't cry as loudly as the ones that have vajajays - or what?